To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Story of Your Season

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
umistboy
Treebeard

The Story of Your Season

Post by umistboy »

Untitled.png
Just wondered whether other FISOers wanted to share the story of their season so far.

Currently, I'm really proud of mine. This is my 9th FPL season but easily my most challenging. I've had numerous finishes higher than the 88k I'm currently at but this one seems to make me the proudest.

I have a horror first 4 weeks (GW4 was my 1st WC week and I had a GW rank of 2.9m!!! :roll: ) where absolutely nothing I did worked. I think after 4 weeks I had a grand total of 2 assists, 1 goal and 0 clean sheets.

Ever since I've quietly plodded away and am not 2pts off the top of my money league. I have 2FT's every week as I only use one and always carry one over for emergencies. I'm really loving this year and wondered if other FISOers were particularly enjoying what they are doing this terms as well.

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Re: The Story of Your Season

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Once upon a time. ............. and then they all died a miserable painful death.

The End.

Darkplace
Treebeard

Post by Darkplace »

Wrong captain choices. probably got it right about 3/23 times

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Up and down and up and down and up . . . (to be continued)

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

This isn't a brag, but Going into last week I was 170k, and now clocking 36k after a 74 and 64 thanks largely to Aguero. The gap isn't that big, and it appears a lot of people are likely moving on De Bruyne to fund Aguero. If we can push the financial advantage again with a firing De Bruyne or Sanchez in the coming weeks, I think there is potential to make up serious ground and stay there.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Poor choices, some bad luck with injuries and failed differentials. Not a story with a happy ending I fear.

Still not a complete write off though. Lessons learned for next year etc.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

GW8 helped a lot and now I'm slowly reaching top-100k. This season has been disaster but last couple of rounds were okay.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

umistboy wrote:Just wondered whether other FISOers wanted to share the story of their season so far. :D
Shit......... worse............... worse still.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Taking perfectly good players out after one or two bad weeks. Always do it and always screws me over.

Tootsie
Wideboy

Post by Tootsie »

For me, it's been pretty brutal. Pretty active in last few seasons and within top 50k more or less over last three. Currently out at 1.4m and actually that's progress for me in this season's terms. Was too optimistic on the Chelsea recovery and hazard in particular.

huey
Red & Blue Braces

Post by huey »

umistboy wrote:
Currently, I'm really proud of mine. This is my 9th FPL season but easily my most challenging. I've had numerous finishes higher than the 88k I'm currently at but this one seems to make me the proudest.

I have a horror first 4 weeks (GW4 was my 1st WC week and I had a GW rank of 2.9m!!! :roll: ) where absolutely nothing I did worked. I think after 4 weeks I had a grand total of 2 assists, 1 goal and 0 clean sheets.

Ever since I've quietly plodded away and am not 2pts off the top of my money league. I have 2FT's every week as I only use one and always carry one over for emergencies. I'm really loving this year and wondered if other FISOers were particularly enjoying what they are doing this terms as well.

:D
I had a rotten start too. I went from a rank of over 3 millionth up to 675k. Then down to 1.2m. I've now clawed my way up to 100k. All without ever owning Vardy.

I wish I could say I'm loving this season, but frankly it's been a roller coaster and I feel I could just as easily plummet again.

Gagagogo
Treebeard

Post by Gagagogo »

I had a pretty good start and has been top 40k at best.

Then i went travelling for some weeks and dropped from top 300k down to 1.4m!!!

The recent weeks i climbed like 100k every week and now i am at a modest position in about 900k.

Edit: ok i just checked my history... what happend at gameweek 14 to 17 (this is when i was travelling and i can see i went from about 300k to 1.4m in just three GWs!!). Was there anything particular going on theese weeks? :p
image.png

Edit 2: ok, the crucial gw's is 15,16 and 17, and now when i looken back i can see that Neither Coutinho, Aguero (c) or Sanchez (vc) scored at all and also Mahrez scored shitloads (i transferred him out before my vacation because i wanted to be cool).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Gagagogo on 26 Jan 2016, 19:35, edited 3 times in total.

Hamish Jaaskelainen
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: great record tbh

Post by Hamish Jaaskelainen »

I always make impulsive decisions three minutes before the transfer deadline, they never pay off.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Shocking start, but it's beginning to turn around nicely now with 6 green arrows in a row. The damage had already been done though, so my rank is still far from being anything to write home about. Making decent headway in the mini-leagues though, not that there's anything riding on any of them.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

my season history it's in my FPL Button

what you can't see there is this:
FPL MoSe 15-16 season comparison GW23.png
in red my last (and rookie) season
in blue the current one

only 3/18 red arrows, after GW5

last season I discovered FISO in september, and it helped me improve
this season I hoped I had learnt how to start better, instead all my efforts went into organising FISO Divisionals,
and almost none in analysing data to put together a decent XV
so I started even worse, horribly I'd say
I'd have NEVER thought tho I could redress that wreck to be better off now than last season at the same time
(and that by relying much much less on stats than I had done :o -- but I keep NOT watching football either :mrgreen: )

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

This is me.

A huge jump in GW8, then some small ups and downs ever since. A couple of calculated captaincy risks along the way that never paid off, and an ultimately unfulfilling season. I hope that I'll have a good rank to show by the end and that it will, in some small way, have been worth the amount of time I've invested.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

The run from getting 11-21 was easily my worst ever FPL run I've been playing ten years. Every chance went to wrong. It was a disaster.

Oddly the first ten weeks where probably one of my best, nightmare season and I somehow put myself into a great position.

Hopefully 21-38 will go well now and no horror runs again!

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

It's all in my history but in summary started very badly (2 CHelsea, 2 ManU incl Rooney, 2 Arsenal who all had dreadful starts and no Man City, Everton or Leic), dramatically improved after the first WC around GW5 or 6. Started to go wrong in GW10 to GW19 mainly through not having some key players (Ozil, Kosc, Ighalo, Butland), some poor and unlucky capatain choices, having too much money in the bank and not getting rid of Aguero all contributed. Last 4 weeks have been much better, Aguero captain has been very helpful plus Alli has been a nice differential.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Started slowly, climbed steadily to 235k in GW7.

Big jump in GW8 (Aguero 50 pts) and up to 16k in GW11.

Bad run in the Autumn (no Vardy, no Butland, sold Ighalo for Aguero too early) and down to 129k in GW17.

Steady gains since then and currently 29k (GW23).

Wildcard and 2 main chips still intact and hopeful of a good finish, currently 26 points outside the top 10k and 71 points outside the top 1k.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Slowish start in the first couple of weeks but a big GW4 took me up to about 400k. Having not used my wildcard I thought that I was well placed to push on from there, but 3 disastrous weeks including a 3m ranking in GW7 saw me drop outside the top million. A decent GW 8 followed and then a poor GW9 and I kind of yo-yo-ed around the 700k mark. By GW13 I was ranked 750k.

At this point, I'd finally learnt to stick with form over fixtures and a strong attack of Vardy, Ighalo and Lukaku followed by a series of decent captain points saw me climb over 400k places in 4 solid weeks. Since then I have again been subject to the old yo-you but an 89 pt haul in GW19 and a decent GW23 have seen me rise to a season's high 170k. Still harbouring hopes of a top 10k finish.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

something along the lines of....

:( :( :) :) :D :( :| :? :) :( :( :cry: :cry: :D :( :cry: :) :D :( :cry: :oops: :D :)

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

:evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :D

flare2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by flare2 »

Vsz wrote::evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :D
I can only assume its not your FPL link showing?

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

flare2 wrote:
Vsz wrote::evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :D
I can only assume its not your FPL link showing?
My FPL link is my team :P

was just showing my devilish tactics paying off :lol: 8-)

flare2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by flare2 »

Nice team - All out attack didn't work out so well though did it.... :? :wink: :twisted:

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

flare2 wrote:Nice team - All out attack didn't work out so well though did it.... :? :wink: :twisted:
Thanks mate.

Lol no, thanks to Mr Ozil hurting his poor foot or something like that :(

:evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :D

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

wish we could go back to the days when a player would be ruled out and you knew your work mate hadn't a clue. now there is no need to watch a game all season. all the stats and flags/news are there for us to see.

i think the days of a guaranteed top 10k finish for a good manager are long over. there is more banter in the office though and i still get a laugh out of asking guys who are doing well footie related questions that they cant answer - even the weekends results:)

the story of my season has been around the 2m mark....back in the top 500k now which has me doing well in a lot of my leagues. would like to get into the top 100k by the end of the season for some sort of achievement but its hard when there is no edge anymore :(

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

umistboy wrote:
Untitled.png
could you maybe update your current pts-rank?

by your post timestamp, gw23 figures were clearly sunday morning intermediates... :mrgreen:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”