To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW24 Transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Re: GW24 Transfers

Post by dino1980 »

KDB to Alli & Walker to Ivanovic done.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Isalla wrote:
bigcliff2 wrote:
Isalla wrote:Why is everybody ditching Özil all of the sudden? If Sanchez is back, doesn't that mean a) one more target for Özil to aim at, and b) defenders probably prioritising Sanchez over Özil?
His points have dried up (2 x 3 in his last 3) and just to freshen up the team a bit, Ozil became a bit of a non-event recently. Feels like he's peaked.
It was Liv and Stk away, and Che home they were a man down. On the other hand, prior to his injury, Sanchez had 2,3,2,2,4.
It was Newcastle at home and Liverpool away (a game they scored 3 in and he got 2 points). He missed Stoke game.

I'm not saying everyone should take him out, just giving you my reasons for doing so.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

Jumped early on the KDB -> firmino chain in anticipation of the double. Guess that backfired a bit. I have one more free, is Ramsey -> Sanchez worth it or is that just a complete punt and i should roll the FT instead?

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

slyger wrote:Jumped early on the KDB -> firmino chain in anticipation of the double. Guess that backfired a bit. I have one more free, is Ramsey -> Sanchez worth it or is that just a complete punt and i should roll the FT instead?
I still haven't pulled the trigger on getting Ramsey out, I'm thinking of rolling him myself. I'd rather have 90 mins of a fully fit Rambo that 60 of an out of practice Sanchez... I think...! :cry:

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Any word on Arnautovic?

If he's playing I'm keeping, if he doesn't im swapping for Ali for a -4

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

KDB to Payet done. Rolling over my second free.

Leaves the possibility of Sanchez in for Ramsey next week.

@JVRB48, I am keeping Arni and just benching him this week (although I would have done regardless). His fixtures are great from next week on, and he has two very favourable match ups in the blank weeks. Although I guess it hinges on the strength of your fifth mid.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotstepper »

Notned wrote:KDB to Payet done. Rolling over my second free.

@JVRB48, I am keeping Arni and just benching him this week (although I would have done regardless). His fixtures are great from next week on, and he has two very favourable match ups in the blank weeks. Although I guess it hinges on the strength of your fifth mid.
It makes sense to bench. My concern is my back up players were all dropped last week and it's made me nervous about ending up with 9 or 10 players. Without Arni, I need two of Nyom, Ogbonna, Bennett and Josh King to play. Bennett almost certain to not, the others all maybes. Ideally I'd gamble on playing Arni, and then have subs come in to replace him. Nyom and Ogbonna both played in what looked like first choice back 4s otherwise in the fa cup, both teams getting clean sheets, so I'm hopeful. King played and scored, and there's a Stanislas sized hole in that team tgat King has a shot at filling. Bennett a dead duck. Oh I'm stuck.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

JVRB48 wrote:

It makes sense to bench. My concern is my back up players were all dropped last week and it's made me nervous about ending up with 9 or 10 players. Without Arni, I need two of Nyom, Ogbonna, Bennett and Josh King to play. Bennett almost certain to not, the others all maybes. Ideally I'd gamble on playing Arni, and then have subs come in to replace him. Nyom and Ogbonna both played in what looked like first choice back 4s otherwise in the fa cup, both teams getting clean sheets, so I'm hopeful. King played and scored, and there's a Stanislas sized hole in that team tgat King has a shot at filling. Bennett a dead duck. Oh I'm stuck.
Hmmm, tough call really then. I'm quite lucky in that I have Alli as 'fifth' mid, so wasn't in a position where I'd have been starting him anyway, and still have decent bench cover in Walker and Moreno to cover any other no shows. Not sure what I'd do in your case, but I think the -4 and his upcoming fixtures would veer me towards keeping still. It's easy to say when I'm not the one making the decision though, and Alli as your potential replacement obviously has a very decent fixture himself.
Last edited by Notned on 02 Feb 2016, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotstepper »

Notned wrote:
JVRB48 wrote:

Hmmm, tough call really then. I'm quite lucky in that I have Alli as 'fifth' mid, so wasn't in a position where I'd have been starting him anyway, and still have decent bench cover in Walker and Moreno to cover any other no shows. Not sure what I'd do in your case, but I think the -4 and his upcoming fixtures would veer me towards keeping still. It's easy to say when I'm not the oe making the decision though, and Alli as your potential replacement obviously has a very decent fixture himself.
Cheers Notned, as helpful and decent as always. I think I sit on it, see if lady luck.shines on me

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

JVRB48 wrote:
Cheers Notned, as helpful and decent as always. I think I sit on it, see if lady luck.shines on me
No problem mate. Really tough call, but I hope it works out for you. If not immediately tonight then at least in the longer term.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

KDB :arrow: Sanchez done, and only several says and 0.2 too late :)

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Reluctantly did Mahrez to Payet. Hope it doesn't bite me on the arse with Leicester one of only a handful of teams with undisrupted fixtures for a while. In the short term though, it's about points; I have to hope Mahrez 'fails' in his next three and I can buy him back quite a bit cheaper than he is now. (as I've lost 0.6 profit on him!)

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Had nothing in my mind so went Baines (who I bought in last week but Everton can't defend for shit) :arrow: Cresswell

If Sanchez looks decent tonight he will be my next move

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Post by Robin Write »

NONE.

Completely forgot. :roll:

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

KDB to Sanchez done before relevant price rises

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Beerfuelledman (before lots of arguing ensued...) wrote:Wimmer
Ahem.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

cesc408 wrote:Had nothing in my mind so went Baines (who I bought in last week but Everton can't defend for shit) :arrow: Cresswell
Great call

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Are the Alexis "Quick, he's back from an injury, let's get him in" Sanchez owners happy with the CS point? :lol:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Really disappointed to get nothing from Payet today. Not a major issue though, as the alternatives in Sanchez and Silva didn't fare any better. Not sure I fancy him to outscore them both away at Southampton next week, mind.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

[quote="Beerfuelledman (picking up on the current "told you so" forum attitude...)"]Winner[/quote]

FIFY!

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Joccki_10 wrote:Are the Alexis "Quick, he's back from an injury, let's get him in" Sanchez owners happy with the CS point? :lol:
As apose to the other options such as silva, payet, firmino?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:Are the Alexis "Quick, he's back from an injury, let's get him in" Sanchez owners happy with the CS point? :lol:
No, as apose to having banked the transfer. :lol:

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Well I had 2FT, and Sánchez scored as many this week as Lukaku has since you got him in 2 gameweeks ago. :P

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
Well I had 2FT, and Sánchez scored as many this week as Lukaku has since you got him in 2 gameweeks ago. :P
That is correct and I did prefer making that transfer (Costa :arrow: Lukaku) one GW later or not at all. However, Lukaku didn't come back from an injury so that wasn't a jump on the panic boat transfer. :P

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
That is correct and I did prefer making that transfer (Costa :arrow: Lukaku) one GW later or not at all. However, Lukaku didn't come back from an injury so that wasn't a jump on the panic boat transfer. :P
To be honest Joccki_10, if you're only joking I don't mind, but there's a separate thread for match day banter so probably put your comments like this there.

The mocking of people who brought in Sánchez, and ideas that it had to be a bad or panicked move [particularly just making the point in hindsight] is a very weak post.

1) Many will have bought in Sánchez for De Bruyne [or other injured or badly performing players], and with the GW25 DGW not transpiring, I would guess he is one of the best options.
2) Even if it is too early to bring him in, it is a good use of a transfer if you do eventually want him, you can't make multiple changes to your team every week so transfers are usually long term.
3) The highlights and stats from the match suggest that it wasn't too early to bring him in, not only had he already done well against Burnley in the previous game, but he had 5 shots in the box with 3 on target and created 5 chances.

Özil created 10 chances, and had 2 on target shots in the box; Giroud had 8 shots in the box with 3 on target; all three could have got hauls.

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Fine with Sanchez scoring 3. I want him long-term and I beat all of the price rises/drops between him and KdB.

As CK noted, not many premium mids did very well this week anyway. The only double-digit MF scorers were Barkley, Lennon, Antonio, Eriksen, Sigurdsson and Alli.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”