To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW24 Transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
KTBFFH
FISOhead
FS Record: 636th (2014/15)

Re: GW24 Transfers

Post by KTBFFH »

scarletjim wrote:
KTBFFH wrote:It's painful to watch KDB fall while the 7 players I want to replace him with rise. But, even without the weekend games, I have no clue right now what I would do. Gotta hold out :|
Ditto. Really annoying how so many people are making transfers now, and therefore making other people make transfers, and so on, when there is so much than can happen at the weekend. I'd love it if a couple of those players picked up fortnight-long knocks this weekend... :?
Likewise. I'm praying for a (hard) Firmino knock!

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: RE: Re: GW24 Transfers

Post by liquidfootball2 »

KTBFFH wrote:
scarletjim wrote:
KTBFFH wrote:It's painful to watch KDB fall while the 7 players I want to replace him with rise. But, even without the weekend games, I have no clue right now what I would do. Gotta hold out :|
Ditto. Really annoying how so many people are making transfers now, and therefore making other people make transfers, and so on, when there is so much than can happen at the weekend. I'd love it if a couple of those players picked up fortnight-long knocks this weekend... :?
Likewise. I'm praying for a (hard) Firmino knock!
Let's face it the reason so many are moving this early is that they know the FA Cup is just another name for the 'let's play the reserves or anyone who hasn't played for a while' cup. If the tea lady can go in goal then all the better.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Was planning to transfer out Yaya "Laziness" Touré, but now KdB is injured, I don't think that would be the right call. So I guess I'm banking this one.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Let's face it the reason so many are moving this early is that they know the FA Cup is just another name for the 'let's play the reserves or anyone who hasn't played for a while' cup. If the tea lady can go in goal then all the better.
Hmmm yes fair point. Could it not impact the timing of the DGW though? (I'm a bit behind strategy-wise since Christmas... :oops:)

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

scarletjim wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:Let's face it the reason so many are moving this early is that they know the FA Cup is just another name for the 'let's play the reserves or anyone who hasn't played for a while' cup. If the tea lady can go in goal then all the better.
Hmmm yes fair point. Could it not impact the timing of the DGW though? (I'm a bit behind strategy-wise since Christmas... :oops:)
Yes any replays will make dgwk25 impossible for the teams that have them. So that concerns the ties featuring Everton, Liverpool and City. There could be a dgwk25 for City for example but not Liverpool or Everton. Early transfers are often being made to bring in Aguero, Payet, Firmino and Sanchez so are not totally because of the possibility of a dgwk.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

...and I guess that could easily happen, especially for Liverpool or Everton... I suppose you'd have to expect City to win at Villa, but even then, with a heavily changed side who knows... No, I'm gonna wait, not being affected by KdB's drop tonight makes it sufferable I guess. Annoying to see so many rising though.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

scarletjim wrote:...and I guess that could easily happen, especially for Liverpool or Everton... I suppose you'd have to expect City to win at Villa, but even then, with a heavily changed side who knows... No, I'm gonna wait, not being affected by KdB's drop tonight makes it sufferable I guess. Annoying to see so many rising though.
Yes Jim not advocating moving now at all, just really offering a possible explanation why others aren't bothered about the fa cup matches. Not forgetting that prices are in the main dictated by the masses and not by those who frequent FPL sites.

It would therefore follow that most transfers are being done by managers who have no idea about a possible dgwk anyway let alone any future blank gameweek for certain teams.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Payet in for KDB done before the rise/drop (which would've scuppered future plans).

Hoping Sanchez's price stays stable until after FA Cup, and we know about the DGW. If it's DGW then Mahrez becomes Silva, if not he becomes Sanchez.

Hazardous
Kevin and Perry

Post by Hazardous »

De Brunye :arrow: Firmino. Must be done to avoid awkward price rise/fall

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

Hazardous wrote:De Brunye :arrow: Firmino. Must be done to avoid awkward price rise/fall
Did yesterday. One FT to go and 2.4m (iirc) in the bank. I might get Sanchez or Silva for Özil.

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Geri »

After De Bruyne injury and after losin 0.2 selling value :roll: I am preapering myself for the DGW
I have four options:
1. Sanchez and Barry (Almost no DGW influence because I'm not sure I would even play Barry)
2. Silva and Barry (City have great fixtures in DGW and I wouldn't have only Aguero as cover)
3. Wijnaldum and Barkley (Two DGW players and Alli on bench)
4. Firmino and Wijnaldum (Same as 3)

I only have Aguero Lukaku and Moreno so 1 doesn't look good
Any Opinons?

Edit: I don't know how I didn't think about it before but there is also a 5. Sanchez and Firmino/Wijnaldum/Barkley (This leaves Ozil out of my team but it doesn't sound bad with Sanchez coming in)

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

any word when the DGW is? I might do KDB>Sanchez... If the DGW is in a few weeks then I'll do KDB>Silva

It's sad that KDB got injured he was so pivotal in them reaching the C1C Final. Loved having him on my team for his huge hauls.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Remember when Dgws used to be fun! :lol:

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Fed up losing team value and with more changes possible in the coming days, think I'll pull the trigger tonight on :

Ozil :arrow: Sanchez
KDB :arrow: Silva

Two free transfers.

Was considering Payet as Villa at home is a good fixture but it's followed by a tougher Southampton away while Silva has two decent fixtures in Sunderland (A) and Leicester (H). In that Sunderland game City could easily score 3-4 goals.

I'm surprised that Yaya hasn't been more popular as it looks like he's being transferred out quite heavily. Is there an injury I'm unaware of?

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Help me here - does the Liverpool 0-0 against West Ham mean that both Liverpool and Everton will now not be able have a DGW in GW25, and will therefore have it after their blank GW27?

If so, then presumably suddenly Firminho and Barkley / Lukaku etc become much less attractive in the short term... :?:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

scarletjim wrote:Help me here - does the Liverpool 0-0 against West Ham mean that both Liverpool and Everton will now not be able have a DGW in GW25, and will therefore have it after their blank GW27?

If so, then presumably suddenly Firminho and Barkley / Lukaku etc become much less attractive in the short term... :?:
Yeah it's unlikely, as presumably that will be the week the Liverpool-West Ham cup replay will be allocated. Still probably best to hold off on any transfers another couple of days where possible though, as I guess City and Newcastle could still theoretically have the double that week.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Still trying to decide between Antonio and Firmino. Firmino would be a short-term punt for the next 3 games. Antonio would usefully cover GW27. Both obviously have really good fixtures. Not worried by City dgw as would only want 1 more player and can bring them in next week.

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

MartyBhoy7 wrote:
I'm surprised that Yaya hasn't been more popular as it looks like he's being transferred out quite heavily. Is there an injury I'm unaware of?
I'm surprised too. Is it likely Yaya will be pushed further forward?

If so i'd probably bring him in for De Bruyne and Sanchez in for Ozil.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

It's possible as Delph could go in cm but we only have wk24 to find out and maybe no dgw anyway

gingafalcao
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL : 121th
FPL : 2018/19 : 1st Belgium

Post by gingafalcao »

The unavailability of long-term Vertonghen gives Wimmer as guaranteed starting alongside Alderweireld.
£ 4.6 can it be a bargain? Decommissioning Alerweireld could be a great differential and a way to put money in the bank ?

Ozïl :arrow: Sanchez
Kdb :arrow: Silva

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

liquidfootball2 wrote:It's possible as Delph could go in cm but we only have wk24 to find out and maybe no dgw anyway
I'm torn between doing the previously mentioned (for -4) or just simply switching KDB out for Silva. Sanchez becomes unattainable without a downgrade somewhere else if that's the way I play it.

I rapidly need to weigh up whether Yaya & Sanchez will outscore Ozil & Silva in the long term.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

gingafalcao wrote:The unavailability of long-term Vertonghen gives Wimmer as guaranteed starting alongside Alderweireld.
£ 4.6 can it be a bargain? Decommissioning Alerweireld could be a great differential and a way to put money in the bank ?
Perhaps Dier will play as a centre back?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Deja vu seems the best bet right now. :lol:

Many news sources are apparently now running with Pochettino having said Wimmer will be the Vertonghen replacement, e.g. goal.com. Hard to be absolutely certain as the actual quotes in all the articles are really just Potch praising Wimmer, but I guess they come from a press conference and the wording of the question isn't shown.

That said, perhaps "If [new players who haven't played much like Wimmer] deserve to play, you need to give them that possibility. Like in this moment" is a fairly clear hint.

gingafalcao
Red & Blue Braces

Post by gingafalcao »

Joccki_10 wrote:
gingafalcao wrote:The unavailability of long-term Vertonghen gives Wimmer as guaranteed starting alongside Alderweireld.
Pochettino said Wimmer would be the replacement for Vertonghen. As you point Dier could be repositioned at center-back alongside Alderweireld. I still reluctance about this option. Dier was very consistent in a defensive midfielder and although Tottenham recovered from a wound Chadli already in rhythm, I doubt Pochettino modified his midfield too.

I think the team should remain unchanged, Wimmer replacing Vertonghen, Walker and Rose side competing / rotation with Trippier and Davies and Lamela balanced Chadli.

-----------------------------------Llloris-----------------------------------
Walker/Trippier Alderweireld Wimmer Rose/Davies
------------------------------Dier Dembele------------------------------
--------------------Lamela/Chadli Alli Eriksen--------------------
-----------------------------------Kane
----------------------------------

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

gingafalcao wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
Pochettino said Wimmer would be the replacement for Vertonghen. As you point Dier could be repositioned at center-back alongside Alderweireld. I still reluctance about this option. Dier was very consistent in a defensive midfielder and although Tottenham recovered from a wound Chadli already in rhythm, I doubt Pochettino modified his midfield too.

I think the team should remain unchanged, Wimmer replacing Vertonghen, Walker and Rose side competing / rotation with Trippier and Davies and Lamela balanced Chadli.

I agree.

As a side note, I'm always surprised how little game time Son gets. I'd be starting him ahead of Lamela and Chadli, if it were up to me.

gingafalcao
Red & Blue Braces

Post by gingafalcao »

Notned wrote:
gingafalcao wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:

I agree.

As a side note, I'm always surprised how little game time Son gets. I'd be starting him ahead of Lamela and Chadli, if it were up to me.
you do well to remember that the Son is part of the team, I had almost forgotten. :D

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

KDB > Sanchez, done.

Hamish Jaaskelainen
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: great record tbh

Post by Hamish Jaaskelainen »

Arnautovic :arrow: Payet

Fonte :arrow: Joel Ward

was thinking to put Sanchez in but can see Ozil benefiting from Sanchez re-appearance maybe a few assists here and there.

West Hams fixtures look decent, so Payet seems a good choice

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

£107M here I come!

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

2FTs

Looking at: