To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW24 Transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
mr.stanishev
Treebeard

Re: GW24 Transfers

Post by mr.stanishev »

Notned wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Notned wrote:
mr.stanishev wrote:Ok, I seriously need some help here - as you can see, I insist on having Aguero, Kane & Lukaku as my attack force. Moreover, I want Cresswell to replace Dann as WHU fixtures are great imo and CRY are terrible currently. This leaves me with no option but to search for a replacement for KDB.

So I am left with 5.3 to get that mid but cannot really choose from the list.. Albrighton was an option, I thought - but then I looked at LEI's fixtures. Dembele is good at 5.2 but I already have 3 TOT players.. Can anyone give me some advise how to proceed from here on - I feel I may be rushing a bit but Aguero's price will get higher and higher if not acted fast.
Not sure on the losing KDB part or necessarily the strategy in general, but if that is your limit then Albrighton could still be a good shout, in my opinion. The next three fixtures aren't the best (although I'd argue Liverpool at home is a good one) but crucially they have plum home ties in GW27/30 when several of your other players will have a blank.
Are you looking for a 4th or 5th midfielder or do you plan to rotate. As a fifth midfielder Albrighton is a good shout; if you don't mind doubling up on West Ham attackers Antonio is also a good shout.

Alternatively you could delay your plan for a couple of weeks (not sure how many transfers you are planning to make it must be more than 2) and look to downgrade one of your defenders and free up a bit more cash. It also means you have KDB for the Sunderland match (and possibly for a double after that).
That was my initial thought too, but I get the impression he is bringing Aguero in this week? The post doesn't really make it that clear. If he already has Aguero that is absolutely the best bet in my opinion.

Either way Mr Stanishev, your spend is a bit high in defence, so I'd be looking to downgrade Dann to a Collins/Simpson/Targett type to realease funds.
My bad I didn't mention that I did Ighalo --> Aguero and Dann --> Cresswell. So the screenshot was made after those 2 transfers (that's why I am hit with -4).

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:
Tall Paul wrote:Trippier was for sale, there was a clause in his contract if the Clarets were relegated.

I daresay Keane will be gone in the summer if we don't win promotion, but he won't be going anywhere this month - barring a silly money offer from somebody (and I know Spurs don't like spending silly money).
Hmmmm, unless of course they have £90 million burning in a hole in their pockets to spend on bargains like Soldado. :roll:
...plus they just banked £12m for Townsend...would Burnley really turn down an offer of around £15m for Keane?
That probably qualifies as silly money, so no. Not gonna happen though.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

You're right. They are saving up to get Bale back. :mrgreen:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Will wait for news on De Bruyne, but it doesn't look good. If the prognosis is bad, he's probably my likely transfer out after the weekend's cup games. To either Silva or Sanchez, depending how soon the DGW is.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

I haven't got KDB but am now mighty tempted by Stirling or Silva as their playing time will increase.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Vsz wrote:I haven't got KDB but am now mighty tempted by Stirling or Silva as their playing time will increase.
Delph and Fernando are fit and fighting for game time with Fernandinho, which means Toure may be pushed forward (it's apparent he doesn't really like doing that defensive stuff) and competing with Sterling and Silva (and Navas) so I would not bet on their Premier League playing time increasing significantly, particularly with all the competitions that Man City are still in.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

It has to be KDB to a Man City mid of their double is in GW25, but if not then I think Payet as his fixtures are good, including 27 and 30.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

BobMem wrote:It has to be KDB to a Man City mid of their double is in GW25, but if not then I think Payet as his fixtures are good, including 27 and 30.
Payet.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

All hinges around when the DGW is, who starts for City this weekend and how Sanchez looks if he plays v Burnley.

Still going to wait until Tuesday.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Looks like KDB :arrow: Silva

V1CAR
FISOhead
FS Record: TFF 12th 2009/10

Post by V1CAR »

gallus wrote:Looks like KDB :arrow: Silva
That's the way i've gone also.

Dragon!Mullet
Treebeard

Post by Dragon!Mullet »

Probably KDB -> Silva, followed by Ozil ->Firmino the week after that. Not making any transfers before Monday though.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

I'm torn. I have two FTs & just enough in the bank to do KDB/Mahrez to Payet/Sanchez, which was always the long-term plan. I can't afford any rises/drops, and Payet goes up tonight. However, this would mean I go without Silva for the potential DGW25. I'd have one transfer free before GW25 so I guess Sanchez could then become Silva, but that seems counterintuitive.

What would you do?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Nailer6245 wrote:I'm torn. I have two FTs & just enough in the bank to do KDB/Mahrez to Payet/Sanchez, which was always the long-term plan. I can't afford any rises/drops, and Payet goes up tonight. However, this would mean I go without Silva for the potential DGW25. I'd have one transfer free before GW25 so I guess Sanchez could then become Silva, but that seems counterintuitive.

What would you do?
pull the trigger. we don't even know when the DWG will be.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

So hard to decide between Silva and Sanchez.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Stemania wrote:All I'm saying is we don't know for sure who will fill in for Vertonghen - I would guess Dier (though think Wimmer is certainly foreseeable).
Actually I have just been looking at a popular Spurs blog and they seem to think it will be Wimmer. :? They also think that buying a CB could definitely be on the cards now, especially if they can shift the one-paced Fazio out.

There are so many contradictory indications about this that it's hard to know what the end result will be. Dier seems logical to me but I guess it depends how important a role Pochettino thinks he is playing at CM and whether he feels more comfortable adjusting the midfield or just putting Wimmer in.
Ruth_NZ wrote:I don't think it's "hard to say" what Pochettino is likely to do...
...is therefore not as true a statement as I thought it was when I wrote it. :!:

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

Is Zouma still nailed on for Chelsea?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Stemania wrote:All I'm saying is we don't know for sure who will fill in for Vertonghen - I would guess Dier (though think Wimmer is certainly foreseeable).
Actually I have just been looking at a popular Spurs blog and they seem to think it will be Wimmer. :? They also think that buying a CB could definitely be on the cards now, especially if they can shift the one-paced Fazio out.
Yeah, I'm sure I'd heard something about Fazio possibly leaving too. I think what you said earlier about Pochettino not liking to rotate his CBs was true though - so if it does turn out to be Wimmer who replaces Vert then he could be a fantastic option @ 4.6m up until the wildcard - as you say, with all the other games Spurs have to play the fullbacks and Dier (if he stays in CM) might be prone to missing the odd game - the CBs would presumably be fairly safe from this. :D

Dier at 5.3m would be a reasonable choice if he moved to CB I suppose, but not in the same ballpark of value. I doubt he'd be much of an attacking threat either - I'd guess Alder would be the bigger BPS magnet of the CBs too - so maybe then sticking with a punty fullback might not be too much worse. Here's hoping Kevin wimms the battle for the place then....

(I'll get my coat)

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Tricky, too tricky right now.

Currently have 3 City, 1 Liverpool and 1 Everton player now. Looking good for the DGW, *unless* it is after the blank GW27.

What I was thinking was replacing the injured KDB with Yaya and upgrading Richards to Baines (for maximum DGW25 players, if such will really happen), but this is exactly the wrong move to make if the DGW is post GW27 (since then I won't be able to field a full squad for the GW27 blank). Argh.

What to do? Just play it safe and transfer KDB to Sanchez? I have enough money to do this with one free transfer.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Roope wrote:Tricky, too tricky right now.

Currently have 3 City, 1 Liverpool and 1 Everton player now. Looking good for the DGW, *unless* it is after the blank GW27.

What I was thinking was replacing the injured KDB with Yaya and upgrading Richards to Baines (for maximum DGW25 players, if such will really happen), but this is exactly the wrong move to make if the DGW is post GW27 (since then I won't be able to field a full squad for the GW27 blank). Argh.

What to do? Just play it safe and transfer KDB to Sanchez? I have enough money to do this with one free transfer.
Just play it safe and wait until after the weekend before doing anything. We should have at least an inkling of when the double will be by then. Moving early is likely to backfire either way.

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Notned wrote:
Roope wrote:Tricky, too tricky right now.

Just play it safe and wait until after the weekend before doing anything. We should have at least an inkling of when the double will be by then. Moving early is likely to backfire either way.
Yeah that makes sense. KDB price drop means I can't do a straight swap for Sanchez though, although that can be compensated with the other free transfer if necessary. Best wait indeed!

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Same with me, I just made the transfer for Sanchez and a 0.0 bank today. I have two EVE and two ManC players which is a good DGW start if it happens early.

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

1 FT to use, KDB and Stanislas flagged. 3 DGW players (Moreno, Firmino and Agüero) as KDB is out. I would have liked to roll the transfer but now it's a wait and see if DGW is really happening at GW25.

What is the maximum amount of DGW players you'd go with as there are blanks coming at GW27?

Paul_Football
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Paul_Football »

KDB :arrow: silva

Regrettably as he was just starting to pick up some form.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

nufctoon wrote:1 FT to use, KDB and Stanislas flagged. 3 DGW players (Moreno, Firmino and Agüero) as KDB is out. I would have liked to roll the transfer but now it's a wait and see if DGW is really happening at GW25.

What is the maximum amount of DGW players you'd go with as there are blanks coming at GW27?
Either 5 or 6 I guess, depending on whether you have an extra free rolled over or not. Could probably get away with an extra one with a keeper too, if you have a playing alternative for the blanks.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

nufctoon wrote:1 FT to use, KDB and Stanislas flagged. 3 DGW players (Moreno, Firmino and Agüero) as KDB is out. I would have liked to roll the transfer but now it's a wait and see if DGW is really happening at GW25.

I have two frees and could do six doubles but seems senseless to me with 27 a blank week for some.

The most common ones are going to be Aguero Lukaku Silva Firmino and Barkley

Everton have tough fixtures stoke and Liverpool away so Barkley can be left

Leaves four and if you already have a Moreno or janmaat etc then five, a sixth could be a second keeper like Elliot but 27 blanks for the same teams (Newcastle, Everton, Liverpool, City) need to be kept in mind

So a 27 bench could be
Elliot, Aguero, Silva, (defender or Firmino or Lukaku)

Two of the defender plus Lukaku plus Firmino would have to go via transfers out for 26 and 27

All of this allows no flexibility for injuries etc which is why I think five outfield doubles plenty and wouldn't bother with Elliot but carry that transfer through if you have two frees now. If only one now then I'd lose a double and just have four outfield doubles.

The main points earner is going to be the Aguero triple captain chip if this dgwk25 comes off, all this isn't as important especially not the non-city players imo. Although Firmino may be worth it too but there are question marks now on whether Coutinho's return and maybe Sturridge could make him a lesser prospect.

If no dgw then KdB to Sanchez for those already with Payet looks good.
Last edited by liquidfootball2 on 28 Jan 2016, 20:44, edited 2 times in total.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Pulled the trigger early to avoid an inconvenient price rise: KDB :arrow: Firmino.

I'd rather have waited but that leaves me with exact money for Stanislas :arrow: Wijnaldum if the DGW is early. Stanislas will probably need replacing anyway and I didn't want to be priced out of that. If the DGW is later I'll take a different route.

My rationale on Firmino is that he probably won't play in the FA Cup so the risk of injury should be quite low. And he's a player I want no matter when the DGW is, I'll be happy to bench him in GW27.

KTBFFH
FISOhead
FS Record: 636th (2014/15)

Post by KTBFFH »

Notned wrote:
+1

It's painful to watch KDB fall while the 7 players I want to replace him with rise. But, even without the weekend games, I have no clue right now what I would do. Gotta hold out :|

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

so looks like i'll definately transfer out KDB, just waiting to see if anyone gets injured in the FA cup and if the GW 27 blanks will have their double before or after the blank.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

KTBFFH wrote:It's painful to watch KDB fall while the 7 players I want to replace him with rise. But, even without the weekend games, I have no clue right now what I would do. Gotta hold out :|
Ditto. Really annoying how so many people are making transfers now, and therefore making other people make transfers, and so on, when there is so much than can happen at the weekend. I'd love it if a couple of those players picked up fortnight-long knocks this weekend... :?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”