To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Anyone bringing in Sanchez?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Re: Anyone bringing in Sanchez?

Post by Ruth_NZ »

DanCaek wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
DanCaek wrote:I'll probably run ozil and Sanchez, anyone else?
I don't get the general obsession with Arsenal midfielders, it seems that for some managers having 2 is the norm.

Sanchez comes nowhere near my team unless Giroud or Özil is injured. When they are both playing it negatively affects Sanchez from a FPL perspective.
I'm not too sure what you mean, there is no obsession. Ozil has been a great pick and I have no immediate plans to remove him. Sanchez is an incredible footballer. His ppm this season is almost identical to last season when he topped 200. Maybe it's a week early right now but it seems a legit move.
When I said "general obsession" I meant general. :)

It seems that many managers are ready to double-up on Arsenal midfielders where they wouldn't for any other club. That's what I was talking about.

Whether Sanchez is currently a worthwhile FPL asset at his price is another question. I think not but I won't rehash the reasons why here. I agree that he's an excellent footballer. It's just that being an excellent footballer and an excellent FPL asset are not one and the same thing.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Considering his price...

The thing is, this season value matters less than ever! With playing base price keepers, barely any performing premium defenders, and enablers like Alli, Ighalo, Vardy and Mahrez scoring well, money is pretty easy. I have a low team value, but with Alli and Ighalo starting I can pretty much fill my other 5 attacking spots with the players I like. Agüero, Kane, Sánchez, KDB, Özil; Kane and KDB may not represent value, but it's doubtful whether there are cheaper players that we would expect to do better.

The current champions, Chelsea, had their players priced highly; the fact that Chelsea players such as Costa and Hazard are not worth considering right now is meaning there is less competition between the premiums.

Furthermore I actually think Sánchez is one of the top two players for points potential.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Considering his price...

The thing is, this season value matters less than ever! With playing base price keepers, barely any performing premium defenders, and enablers like Alli, Ighalo, Vardy and Mahrez scoring well, money is pretty easy. I have a low team value, but with Alli and Ighalo starting I can pretty much fill my other 5 attacking spots with the players I like. Agüero, Kane, Sánchez, KDB, Özil; Kane and KDB may not represent value, but it's doubtful whether there are cheaper players that we would expect to do better.

The current champions, Chelsea, had their players priced highly; the fact that Chelsea players such as Costa and Hazard are not worth considering right now is meaning there is less competition between the premiums.

Furthermore I actually think Sánchez is one of the top two players for points potential.
I disagree on the last point whilst the Özil/Giroud axis is in place. I also disagree that Costa isn't worth considering, he's far higher up my shopping list than Sanchez as would Kane be if I didn't already have him. Aguero certainly is value because of captaincy.

You are absolutely right about Alli and Ighalo, if you have them in your team Sanchez is easy. But I don't want Ighalo, I want Aguero/Kane/Lukaku and when I replace Lukaku it will probably be Costa. And I don't want Alli either.

So...when I said "at his price" it wasn't value that I was talking about as such. It was relative value to having someone like Costa instead. The only thing that might swing me is if I bring Vardy in around GW27 but even then I doubt it would be Sanchez that I'd use the cash on.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:the fact that Chelsea players such as Costa and Hazard are not worth considering right now
You're mad if you think Costa is not worth considering.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

I'll probably bring Sanchez in for KDB at some point. Not sure you can fit both with Aguero, Kane, Lukaku etc even with people like Alli, Mahrez and Stanislas it's a struggle.

mmikkeelee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mini league winner 2014\2015

Post by mmikkeelee »

Ozil :arrow: Sanchez done.....

The lad is warrior great to watch and goals are never to far away.

I seen enough in 30 mins against Chelsea to put straight back in my team

I'm hoping most will exchange KDB for sanchez as Kevin has been quiet of late the quality is obviously there
Although with aguero back and hitting form could possibly affect Kevin , hopefully not.

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
DanCaek wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
I don't get the general obsession with Arsenal midfielders, it seems that for some managers having 2 is the norm.

Sanchez comes nowhere near my team unless Giroud or Özil is injured. When they are both playing it negatively affects Sanchez from a FPL perspective.
I'm not too sure what you mean, there is no obsession. Ozil has been a great pick and I have no immediate plans to remove him. Sanchez is an incredible footballer. His ppm this season is almost identical to last season when he topped 200. Maybe it's a week early right now but it seems a legit move.
When I said "general obsession" I meant general. :)

It seems that many managers are ready to double-up on Arsenal midfielders where they wouldn't for any other club. That's what I was talking about.

Whether Sanchez is currently a worthwhile FPL asset at his price is another question. I think not but I won't rehash the reasons why here. I agree that he's an excellent footballer. It's just that being an excellent footballer and an excellent FPL asset are not one and the same thing.
Fair enough. I think after 1/2/3 starts everyone will be scrambling for Sanchez. Time will tell.

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

KDB seems to have been pushed out wide and a lot less effective, hence I am thinking a move for Sanchez is the best option.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

flare2 wrote:KDB seems to have been pushed out wide and a lot less effective, hence I am thinking a move for Sanchez...
...who has been pushed wide and is less effective there. :?

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

Difficult to judge when it was only 10 men? I was very impressed with how sharp Sanchez looked when he came on!

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

:arrow:
Last edited by Ruth_NZ on 03 Feb 2016, 02:19, edited 1 time in total.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

Sanchez is the sixth highest performing midfielder based on PPG and has unarguably underperformed. With money to shuffle around and a want for explosive points I'll be getting him in sooner rather than later.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Last edited by Ruth_NZ on 03 Feb 2016, 02:18, edited 1 time in total.

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

LAMPS27 wrote:Only if KdB gets injured or Ozil.

No intention to remove either by choice unless dramatic drop in form and Sanchez really hits the ground running.
God damn it!

Alexis is a prime suspect for me now.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Calvin1979 wrote:Sanchez is the sixth highest performing midfielder based on PPG and has unarguably underperformed. With money to shuffle around and a want for explosive points I'll be getting him in sooner rather than later.
"Explosive points"... what does that even mean?

The capacity to score big in a single game is only relevant for a captain. For any other player what is relevant is aggregate points scored divided by the number of games he stays in your squad.

If you like "explosive points", however, you might want to look at who was playing as striker when Sanchez got his 3 hauls this season. :|
This.

Although if you captain the same player (e.g. Aguero) every week then explosive points cease to matter it is aggregate points that matters.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Calvin1979 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:If you like "explosive points", however, you might want to look at who was playing as striker when Sanchez got his 3 hauls this season. :|
How is that relevant to any of my post?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Calvin1979 wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:If you like "explosive points", however, you might want to look at who was playing as striker when Sanchez got his 3 hauls this season. :|
I think it is. Others may not. :)

Sanchez with Walcott as starting striker: 54 points in 6 games (average 9 ppg)
Sanchez with Giroud as starting striker: 22 points in 8 games (average 2.75 ppg)

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Calvin1979 wrote:

Sanchez with Giroud as starting striker: 22 points in 8 games (average 2.75 ppg)
Certainly food for thought.

Obviously Sanchez isn't your out-ball for KDB, who you considering? Silva?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Me too but only bringing in Sanchez after the Saints game IF he plays at least 60 minutes with promise 8-)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

The Toon Man wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote: Sanchez with Walcott as starting striker: 54 points in 6 games (average 9 ppg)
Certainly food for thought.

Obviously Sanchez isn't your out-ball for KDB, who you considering? Silva?
I have a number in mind but it depends on what happens with DGWs and in the FA Cup this weekend. But it's unlikely to be any City midfielder whether they get an early DGW or not.

I can take a 0.1 drop on KDB without losing value so I'm in no rush.

PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Post by PitchBookMaker »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Calvin1979 wrote:

This is very interesting but could also be the result of other factors (fixtures, schedule, etc). Sanchez also had poor FPL returns during the first 6 matches of the season despite excellent underlying stats. I think it would be most telling to see how his shots, key passes, big chances, and other data have varied throughout the Walcott/Giroud rotation...

Any insight on that?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Last edited by Ruth_NZ on 03 Feb 2016, 02:17, edited 1 time in total.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Calvin1979 »

Ruth, I think we all get the point that you don't rate Sanchez's output when Giroud plays. Can you PLEASE stop clogging up the thread with your repetition. You go your way, we'll go ours. Thank you.

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

Yeah, you make really sounds points, but Sanchez is my future husband, and he is going to tear it up.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Calvin1979 wrote:Ruth, I think we all get the point that you don't rate Sanchez's output when Giroud plays. Can you PLEASE stop clogging up the thread with your repetition. You go your way, we'll go ours. Thank you.
Sure. But I was asked for some background and I gave it. It's easy enough to skip over a post.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Even having missed 8 and a bit gameweeks Sanchez is still at the top or near the top of many of the key attacking stats for midfielders (joint 1st for shots in 6yrd box, 2nd for shots in box, 3rd for penalty area touches, joint 5th for total shots, joint 4th for big chances) so he definitely should be in the KDB replacement conversation. Two things worry me slightly with him though:

1) His shots accuracy has been poor this season, less than 30% - 17 shots on target from 57 total shots is very poor compared with, say, Mahrez who has 28 on target from the same number of attempts. Mahrez, KDB, Payet, Wijnaldum etc have all had accuracy nearer 50%, Firmino, Eriksen 40%. Sanchez' shooting stats have a bit of the Coutinhos about them this season. He's now outside the top 10 for shots on target (though, sure, he's missed a lot of games).

2) My biggest concern - he hasn't been a good chance creator this season (he's down by over 30% compared to last season's rate). Probably this is tied into point (1) - he seems to like to shoot when he can rather than look to pass. He's only created 24 chances, which incredibly is right down at around 47th for midfielders. Even Westwood and Emre Can have created more! If he's not scoring he doesn't have much to fall back on.

He still may have enough firepower to warrant a place when he's on form, but there are more than a few question marks imo - then again, there aren't many midfielders without at least slight question marks right now. :-D

PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Post by PitchBookMaker »

Calvin1979 wrote:Ruth, I think we all get the point that you don't rate Sanchez's output when Giroud plays. Can you PLEASE stop clogging up the thread with your repetition. You go your way, we'll go ours. Thank you.
Speak for yourself. I for one really value Ruth's insight and the level of thought/detail he puts into his posts. Like his opinions or not, his contributions to the forum deserve a bit more credit, especially as he often presents contrarian views that spark further thought/discussion.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I can't really see how Sanchez isnt one of the best candidates to replace KDB (assuming that there is no DGW in 25).

His presence maintains a squad structure and flexibility (admittedly less important with the wildcard coming up) and he also gives you a genuine captaincy option.

His stats might be better with or without certain players, but what other midfielder has a genuinely better chance of more points?

The only fly in the ointment is whether he really is the best premium option, and whether you might be better with Costa over Lukaku for instance.

Personally though, I don't have the luxury of free transfers to contemplate which is the better option and payet aside I can't think of too many players I'd rather have than a fit (and hopefully slightly rested) Sanchez in the midfield.

A DGW will force me to reconsider my options of course, and with Stanislas injured too I could potentially try to run a more flexible squad up until the wildcard in that scenario.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Last edited by Ruth_NZ on 03 Feb 2016, 02:16, edited 1 time in total.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Arnautovic >= Sanchez, in terms of odds of scoring FPL points over an 8/9 game period? I think that's crazy to be honest.

If that really is the case then the analytics guys will be all over it, but I suspect Sanchez will be near the top of the projections charts over that (or any) period.

Alli maybe and I like Payet (but already own him). To be honest, I'm thinking of Alli in for Stanislas and then do what I can with the rest of the budget.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”