To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Anyone bringing in Sanchez?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Anyone bringing in Sanchez?

Post by cesc408 »

Notned wrote:I'm now pretty much set on bringing in Sanchez for Ramsey this week.

The question is which of my blank GW27 players do I remove for the 0.3m I am short by... Moreno, Jags or Lukaku? Any suggestions?
Moreno has 2 decent fixtures, if selected. If you had him for ages like me then your want to play him and hope for 2 clean sheets, and ditch after.

Everybody it seems is chucking out Lukaku (including me) With a drop last night and another drop tonight, possibility of being injured this weekend and a blank in GW27 this seems the best option if you have a striker in mind

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

cesc408 wrote:
Notned wrote:I'm now pretty much set on bringing in Sanchez for Ramsey this week.

The question is which of my blank GW27 players do I remove for the 0.3m I am short by... Moreno, Jags or Lukaku? Any suggestions?
Moreno has 2 decent fixtures, if selected. If you had him for ages like me then your want to play him and hope for 2 clean sheets, and ditch after.

Everybody it seems is chucking out Lukaku (including me) With a drop last night and another drop tonight, possibility of being injured this weekend and a blank in GW27 this seems the best option if you have a striker in mind
Yeah that's my thinking now too, having seen that his price is dropping and that he may only now play once in the next three weeks. May just bring in Vardy a couple of weeks early, as he was nailed on as my transfer in for GW27 anyway.

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Who are your other strikers....?
FPL link!

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

tommyk7 wrote:

Who are your other strikers....?
FPL link!
Aguero and Kane.

Current front 8 is:

Ramsey(Sanchez)/Payet/Mahrez/Arnautovic/Alli
Aguero/Kane/Lukaku

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Agree Lukaku to Vardy is a good idea unless a you have your eye on a cheap defender like Simpson/Daniels. You may also be able to fund the Sanchez purchase with a cheaper GK (Schmeichel). But I know we are all looking at fixtures for these upcoming transfers.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

tommyk7 wrote:Agree Lukaku to Vardy is a good idea unless a you have your eye on a cheap defender like Simpson/Daniels. You may also be able to fund the Sanchez purchase with a cheaper GK (Schmeichel). But I know we are all looking at fixtures for these upcoming transfers.
Yeah it would have been Simpson/Huth in for Jags most likely, but the respective price swings are pushing me toward Vardy a couple of weeks earlier instead. I have a strong enough midfield to cover the tough pair of fixtures for Leicester if I decide I don't want to double up on them. Leaves me open for a Leicester or even Saints/Stoke/Chelsea defender next week instead.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

So... Anyone see the game today? What's your assessment?

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

MPTree wrote:So... Anyone see the game today? What's your assessment?
Don't bring in Sanchez 8-)

He's not fit enough yet and the Giroud-Ozil combo is keeping him on the periphery a lot. Granted he could score at any time in any game but he's an expensive punt for now. It's also worth noting Arsenal have Leicester (H), Man Utd (A) and Spurs (A) in the next 4 games.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

It's been a weird season in that patience hasn't often been rewarded and bandwagon jumping has often been the best course, however his next three games are actually reasonable IMO (LEI, man, SWA), and with blanks and other issues, it is a little difficult to remove him. This week showed a little that sometimes a bit of patience is still the right call (Ozil, Lukaku) so I'd hold for a while if you have him.

I'd maybe be more inclined to swap him out a little further down the line on the assumption that GW30 gets cancelled, but right now only really Alli appeals and that would be in GW27 (and would mean reversing the decision I made when bringing Sanchez in for what effectively amounts to a bit of points chasing).

It is frustrating, but sometimes you just have to pick quality players and wait.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I bought him in this week as I was convinced he would explode, so naturally I'm disappointed. As Mav says, he's probably a hold if you have him, but I wouldn't be rushing to buy him if I didn't.

Think there's definitely something in Ruth's theory in that Giroud up top rather than Walcott hampers his involvement a bit. Should have maybe had a re-read of his posts on the matter before pulling the trigger on him, especially as it also required losing Lukaku a couple of weeks early.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

To be fair, Sanchez scored a shed load of points last season when Giroud started over 20 games.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Mav3rick wrote:It's been a weird season in that patience hasn't often been rewarded and bandwagon jumping has often been the best course, however his next three games are actually reasonable IMO (LEI, man, SWA), and with blanks and other issues, it is a little difficult to remove him.
I think your assessment of Arsenal's fixtures is a little off. I think his next two games are very tough. Swansea at home is decent, sure, but after that it's Tottenham away.

I brought him in this week basically as a one-week punt, and I'm kind of wishing I hadn't. I've seen nothing in the last two games to suggest that he's better value than Özil, who remains central to everything Arsenal do and looks to be getting back into form.

With those fixtures, I don't think the double-up is wise. I'll likely swap Sánchez out for Sigurðsson this week.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

The problem with a swap for a player like Siggy is that Arsenal are good enough to dominate against most teams. Sure, Siggy is more central to Swansea's play and has been scoring well recently but generally I think it's better (when money is no object) to go for the Man City, Spurs or Arsenal players who play for teams that (generally) dominate and can rack up 3, 4 or 5 goals in any single game.

Leicester at home, despite the form, is a game that a team like Arsenal should (and presumably are) looking to make a statement in. I doubt anyone is starting their Leicester defenders away at Arsenal, and the early odds have Leicester at third least likely to keep a clean sheet next GW.

Perhaps I'm still playing by the wrong FPL rules (which would explain my appaling rank so really nobody should listen to me :mrgreen: ) but I still believe in backing the quality players in dominating teams.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

It's more the double-up that bothers me, Mav, as I already have Özil and simply don't trust Arsenal to score enough goals to justify owning both. I still think Özil is the pick of the Arsenal midfielders.

Regarding Sigurðsson, I think Swansea are more likely to have a game in GW30 than Arsenal. Not guaranteed of course by any means, but a bit more likely, so hopefully that's the way it works out.

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

I bought him in this week and captained him. Sad results and it's true that he's played a lot on the left wing. I'm happy to keep him though, such a player with explosive potential and low ownership is very rare so i'll keep him. Don't know who i would replace him with anyway.

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

I didn't think he was particularly dangerous today, but definitely keeping.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Apart from him tailing off completely at around 70mins, when he appeared to forget how to play football, I thought he was OK. Couple of decent shots, was nearly through one-on-one but for an incorrect offside flag, made a lovely run and cross into the 6 yard box that no-one was there to finish - his touch was just a bit off. It wasn't that easy a game anyway - Bournemouth had 17 shots to Arsenal's 10 and probably deserved a point imo.

Sanchez' stats were fine, but not great, and no Arsenal player played that well would be my assessment - Ozil didn't do a great deal either other than be in the right place at the right time for Giroud's knock back - his stats were also nowhere near last week.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Some good posts here, I think you're doing the right thing Mav picking quality players, rather than buying players on what is mostly the noise and randomness of very recent games. Been difficult this year, because Leciester players had a real step change, and Ighalo and Alli have both exploded; also there have been times when Agüero and Sánxhz have not delivered the points despite playing well.

I was talking to PB about Siggy earlier, and I think he will be my Oscar replacement, good chance of a GW30 fixture and non of the definite GW30 mids seem good options (Wijnaldum misses 27, Stoke and Southampton are rotated, and wanting Vardy blocks bringing in another Leicester player). In the last 6 GWs Siggy's well outperformed Mahrez and Alli, admittedly Mahrez had a few poor games in there, and I don't think Southampton will be too hard of a game with Wanyama suspended.

Sugnid
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Sugnid »

Useless once again.

Getting rid for Payet.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

He was pretty useless, but he had some decent chances. Keep for GW27 and sell after (assuming a blank in GW30) would be my thoughts.

Might affect my choices on covering GW27 though if players I bring in could become midfielder 4 (cheapie :arrow: Alli, Sanchez :arrow: cheapie for example).

Definitely one to muse on until after the cup games though.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

frustrating. had 2 good chances but apart from that was restricted closer to the wing feeding balls through to the guys who would be getting any assist points. far too expensive at that price i will need to sell soon but have to take care of injuries first so he will likely get 1 or 2 more weeks. far better options out there. when he brings his shooting boots he will get a 16pt gwk but it will be in between weeks of 2 and 3s

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Problem is nobody else jumps out. I have Sanchez Ozil Alli and Payet. Although Mahrez has killed me all season when he doesn't get points It often benefits me.

Probably a keep for me

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Shocking today, I thought. Gets a stay if execution what with the blanks and more pressing issues elsewhere, but I'd be seriously tempted to get rid if I had a transfer spare.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

I'm going to hold for a little longer. You've got to hope he explodes at some point. Maybe he's still not 100%

Other than a swap to Ozil I'm not sure what I'd do with him.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

cesc408 wrote:Problem is nobody else jumps out
Same here - a phat 11 mill and with De Bruyne out I'm not sure who else in the same price bracket has the form and fixtures (imminent blanks) right now to replace; I think the surplus money would just sitting there. So I think I'm holding even though I now have my wildcard in play. Suggestions for anybody I've overlooked welcome.. or bring on the overdue explosions!

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

I've got Sanchez Ozil Payet and Alli as my 4, would it be worth selling Alexis for Mahrez now? Leicester's fixtures turn great so he's a captain option, especially next GW.

Paul_Football
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Paul_Football »

man utd have an injury crisis in defence right now. I actually don't think we have a fit right back and that Paddy McNair will have to play there. I'm holding onto him this week

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Anyone bringing in Sanchez?

Post by eastcentral1 »

djskope wrote:
Same here - a phat 11 mill and with De Bruyne out I'm not sure who else in the same price bracket has the form and fixtures (imminent blanks) right now to replace; I think the surplus money would just sitting there. So I think I'm holding even though I now have my wildcard in play. Suggestions for anybody I've overlooked welcome.. or bring on the overdue explosions!
Why do they have to be in the same price bracket? Alli, Eriksen, Sigurdsson, for example, all look like better picks right now.

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

Patience is running thin but I'm so wary of his past form, look at earlier on the season where he had 4 blanks and then scored 46 in 3 weeks...

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

eastcentral1 wrote:
djskope wrote:
Why do they have to be in the same price bracket? Alli, Eriksen, Sigurdsson, for example, all look like better picks right now.
Well I'm pretty happy with the rest of my active wildcard squad and their immediate fixtures so I just don't like the idea of several million hard-earned squid sitting there doing nothing. But thanks for the ideas - maybe I'll go back to Eriksen or Siggy or maybe even Pedro who looked very sharp and OOP this weekend. Trouble is all 3 of them have burnt me already this season (esp Pedro!). The experiences were so traumatic I must have pushed them to the back of my mind! :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”