To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New players

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Finisher1
Dumbledore

New players

Post by Finisher1 »

FPL have now added Iturbe (BOU) 5.7 and Kirchhoff (SUN) 4.3.

Have they ever before added any player with a price that is not divisible by 0.5?

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Re: New players

Post by Curmudgeon »

4.3 divided by 0.5 is 8.6 . . .

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

*In multiples of 0.5 :P

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Wow - they've never added players not in multiples of 0.5m before as far as I know. Maybe it's a sign that next season the starting prices will be more tailored?!

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

Haha. This is so random.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

It's strange but I think they are just reflecting the current market aren't they?

Mike James
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1,067th in FPL 2007-2008

Post by Mike James »

I'm not sure why but it doesn't feel right not adding a new player as .0 or .5!

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

It suggests a certain level of accuracy that I don't think exists in their decision-making process!

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I idly wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that their "filter by price" options change throughout the season too. Anyone wondered about that?

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

I'd actually find it interesting if they adopted that practice since the beginning. We've grown used to the .0/.5 system but is there a real good reason not to be different?

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Benik Afobe will be one to watch. Wolves' loss is very much Bournemouth's gain.

:(

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

sstaffsw wrote:Benik Afobe will be one to watch. Wolves' loss is very much Bournemouth's gain.

:(
Afobe + Iturbe at Bournemouth, surely thats very bad news for Stanislas (and Josh King).

TheChairLeg
Red & Blue Braces

Post by TheChairLeg »

I imagine it is so Kirchhoff falls in line with the other Sunderland defenders, such as O'Shea.

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

Iturbe came in at the same price as Gradel and Gray is the same price as Kante.

At a guess they are being matched due to relative positions and squad status

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

Afobe (BOU) 6.1
Pinto (NOR) 4.3

There's no other striker at 6.1, so I'm not sure how they come to that figure for Afobe.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Rivers wrote:Afobe (BOU) 6.1

There's no other striker at 6.1, so I'm not sure how they come to that figure for Afobe.
Easy - since breaking into the Wolves team Afobe has scored 22 league goals in 46 league games - combining last season's and this season's tallys. Normalising to a 38 game PL season that gives us 18.17 goals, which we must of course round down to 18 as you can't have 0.17 goals.

Let's compare with the current go-to FPL player Aguero to calculate what Afobe's relative FPL cost should be. Well, this season Kun has been injury ravaged so it makes sense to look at his stats from last season instead (rather than this season's small sample size). It's simple - Aguero scored 26 league goals last season so when we take away Afobe's goal tally of 18, this leaves us with a goalscoring coefficient of 8 for Afobe. This figure of 8 obviously corresponds to 8m in FPL money, but I'm sure you're wily enough to have spotted the major problem with this argument...

...Exactly, Afobe's goals were scored in the Championship, not the PL - a different level of football. So again we must normalise, but by what? Protocol dictates we must really use as our yardstick the player who encapsulates goalscoring in the Premier League - the only striker ever to win a Ballon d'Or in the PL, Micheal Owen. To normalise we need to work out how much a PL goal is worth in millions. It's well known that including wages and transfer fee, every one of Owen's goals for Newcastle cost the club approximately £1.2m.

So, now the rest is obvious. We must divide Afobe's goalscoring coefficient of 8 by this 1.2m, giving us approx 6.67. But, don't forget that 0.17 goals left over from before. It would be an easily mistake to make to just add that 0.17 back on again, but luckily it does appear FPL know what they're doing - they remembered that Afobe's stats were taken over two seasons but Aguero's only one, so we must add on 0.17 x 2; that is, 0.17 for each season. This gives Afobe a final PL goalscoring coefficient of 6.67 + (0.17 x 2) = 7.01. We must round this to the nearest 0.1m as we work with these coarse increments in FPL pricing. So we're left with 7.0m in relative FPL cost

Finally, remember the whole point of calculating this relative FPL cost was that so we could compare Afobe with Aguero's price - well, Kun costs 13.1m in the game at the moment, and so 13.1m minus 7.0m is 6.1m, bang on. Well played FPL. 8-)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Rachel Riley would be proud :)

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Rachel Riley.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Stemania wrote:

Easy - since......Well played FPL. 8-)
You have ignored the "Falcao factor"....

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Pinto (NOR) 4.3

Pinto at 4.3m could be interesting. A good attacking full back apparently, and could indirectly push 3.9m Bennett out of the starting eleven..

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I see Bournemouth have also signed Lewis Grabban from Norwich. I guess the acquisitions of him, Afobe and Iturbe have to at least raise question marks over the starting prospects of Stanislas and King.

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

Notned wrote:I see Bournemouth have also signed Lewis Grabban from Norwich. I guess the acquisitions of him, Afobe and Iturbe have to at least raise question marks over the starting prospects of Stanislas and King.
I echo the same thoughts, Stanislas as a starting enabler doesn't look a good move at all.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

LAMPS27 wrote:
Notned wrote:I see Bournemouth have also signed Lewis Grabban from Norwich. I guess the acquisitions of him, Afobe and Iturbe have to at least raise question marks over the starting prospects of Stanislas and King.
I echo the same thoughts, Stanislas as a starting enabler doesn't look a good move at all.
As per my reply in another thread, I don't have an 'enabler' as of now, but I think if/when I do go that way it will be Watson I look at now..

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

King is struggling with injury, Stanislas will lose minutes but I think he's safe for the next 2 games at least. Iturbe will probably be eased in somewhat for the first few games

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

Newcastle United have completed the signing of Senegalese international Henri Saivet from Bordeaux.

The 25-year-old central midfielder has put pen to paper on a five-and-a-half-year deal at St. James' Park, arriving for an undisclosed fee.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160111 ... 70_5266658

I think he started his career as a forward or winger and has now been playing as a central midfielder. New Gouffran?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

nufctoon wrote:Newcastle United have completed the signing of Senegalese international Henri Saivet from Bordeaux.

The 25-year-old central midfielder has put pen to paper on a five-and-a-half-year deal at St. James' Park, arriving for an undisclosed fee.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160111 ... 70_5266658

I think he started his career as a forward or winger and has now been playing as a central midfielder. New Gouffran?
That guy was a Football Manager wonderkid, indeed, as a striker.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Finisher1 wrote:FPL have now added Iturbe (BOU) 5.7 and Kirchhoff (SUN) 4.3.
We could have found that information out on the FPL website, what's the point in posting it here?

:wink:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Tall Paul wrote:
We could have found that information out on the FPL website, what's the point in posting it here?

:lol:

Because I thought it deserved its own thread. Not every FFS tweet deserves an own thread, but some do.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Tall Paul wrote:

:lol:

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Looks like we have an extra striker dilemma for the next weeks: Charlie Austin to Southampton.
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ky-sources
And as a Saints fan I am very happy :mrgreen:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”