To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Dele Alli

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Re: Bamidele Alli

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

It seems to me that if you have Alli you now need to play him as your 4th midfielder. I've not got him yet and given his fixtures (3 6op 6 sides in the next 5 weeks) plus the potential blank in GW30, he's well down the pecking order at the moment. Bringing him in ahead of that lot feels like chasing yesterday's points.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Alli has been an absolute star for me since I brought him in. I have been trying a more flexible system since Christmas, with Mahrez, Alli and Arnautovic as rotatable 3rd/4th/5th mids and it's worked pretty well so far. I'm sure I'll be stung sooner or later but I've been getting away with it. Touch wood.

Alli is looking increasingly must have, and I would have no qualms whatsoever in 'promoting' him to a more regular fourth midfielder if I needed the funds elsewhere. More often than not I've beeen starting him of late anyway, but I do still think he is workable in a rotation despite the obvious risks, as his output seems to be much better away from home.

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:It seems to me that if you have Alli you now need to play him as your 4th midfielder. plus the potential blank in GW30, he's well down the pecking order at the moment. Bringing him in ahead of that lot feels like chasing yesterday's points.
He's a 4th MID in my side if I get him in.

The second point is interesting I fancy Spurs to see off a hapless Palace at home in the FA Cup so his GW30 is likely to be gone (avl).

I'm not sure it makes sense for me personally to remove Barkley now (potentially on pens now if Lukaku is injured) only for Alli to blank in GW30.

The prudent move looks like Barkley out for Alli in GW27- Spurs have SWA, Barkley has a blank. This also avoids mci away an unfavorable fixture.

Then maybe swap back the next week in GW28? Alli's next 2 fixtures would be whm and ARS before his GW30 blank whilst Barkley's has avl WHM sun, 3 tasty looking matchups.

This looks like my strategy at the moment hopefully there's no replay in the FA Cup tie to further complicate things. Likewise the Everton DGW needs announcing as well.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

LAMPS27 wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:It seems to me that if you have Alli you now need to play him as your 4th midfielder. plus the potential blank in GW30, he's well down the pecking order at the moment. Bringing him in ahead of that lot feels like chasing yesterday's points.
He's a 4th MID in my side if I get him in.

The second point is interesting I fancy Spurs to see off a hapless Palace at home in the FA Cup so his GW30 is likely to be gone (avl).

I'm not sure it makes sense for me personally to remove Barkley now (potentially on pens now if Lukaku is injured) only for Alli to blank in GW30.

The prudent move looks like Barkley out for Alli in GW27- Spurs have SWA, Barkley has a blank. This also avoids mci away an unfavorable fixture.

Then maybe swap back the next week in GW28? Alli's next 2 fixtures would be whm and ARS before his GW30 blank whilst Barkley's has avl WHM sun, 3 tasty looking matchups.

This looks like my strategy at the moment hopefully there's no replay in the FA Cup tie to further complicate things. Likewise the Everton DGW needs announcing as well.
I can see the wisdom in that if the rest of your side is in decent shape and you are not going to lose too much money in getting Barkley out and in again.

Dragon!Mullet
Treebeard

Post by Dragon!Mullet »

Pochettino gives update on Dele Alli ahead of Tottenham's clash with Watford

Seems fine for now. I got him earlier this morning, so I'm glad I didn't waste my transfer.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”