To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The second wildcard is coming! (Double Gameweek Planning)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Re: The second wildcard is coming! (Double Gameweek Planning)

Post by Vsz »

Stemania wrote:The Villa v United Friday game (the day before most GW2 games) was part of GW2 so if we did have another Friday game it seems to me very likely that the gameweek deadline will be moved forward to the Friday, 1 hour before kickoff, and the Friday game included in the following weekend's gameweek. Still quite unlikely that we'd need a Friday game though.
Agreed - this is what would happen.

t88
Treebeard

Post by t88 »

I think we have 2 wildcards over the whole PL season like it was last season?
I can see with Nickchild's script anyone in my ML who has used or not used their wildcard. As we're already in the 2nd half of the season, can I assume that anyone who hasn't used their 1st wildcard has now automatically lost one of their wildcards?

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

t88 wrote:I think we have 2 wildcards over the whole PL season like it was last season?
I can see with Nickchild's script anyone in my ML who has used or not used their wildcard. As we're already in the 2nd half of the season, can I assume that anyone who hasn't used their 1st wildcard has now automatically lost one of their wildcards?
FPL site wrote:When can I play a wildcard?
The Wildcard chip can be used twice a season, once in the first half of the season (before 28 Dec 14:00) and once in the second half of the season.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

The Villa Man U game didn't set a precedent as it was planned for a Friday right from the start.

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

Stoke players look the way to go right now, we know they will definitely play in GWS 27, 28 and 30 and their fixtures in general look fine. Leicester have good guaranteed fixtures in 27 and 30 but their next 2 are bad and they might lose their plum fixture in GW 28. Southampton's fixture in 27 isn't great and they might lose their game in GW 28.

That GW 30 could quite easily be reduced to 3 games. Any more than 5 looks unlikely.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Will Swansea have fixtures all the way through if Arsenal beat Hull and Everton beat Bournemouth in the FA cup?

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

Starting to get annoyed with this DGW - had my side very well prepared with LIV/EVE/MCI coverage playing the percentages and probability of a MCI v LIV final and now with no games confirmed at all, working around filling gaps for GW27 and potentially GW30 is very anticlimatical!

The DGWs in 34 +37 (most likely) may not work out either especially as most haven't used their WC yet and I expect a lot of teams to look very similar, at least the potential GW25 DGW could have gained some of us an edge.

Very frustrating!

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Valeron wrote:Stoke players look the way to go right now, we know they will definitely play in GWS 27, 28 and 30 and their fixtures in general look fine.
Agreed. It's just a shame that you can't rely on Hughes selecting any of the Stoke attackers, and you just can't rely on the Stoke defence. :wink:

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Edited for reasons of bullshit
Last edited by Le Red on 03 Feb 2016, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

payetme wrote:
Bobby Chopps wrote:
payetme wrote:just a bunch of people creating false hope for a dgw in gw25... causing hysteria throughout the fpl community. Just wait until they announce it..simple
Yeah absolute "hysteria". I don't know about you but I woke up most nights in a panic. Either that, or people put forward some information based on sound logic and reasoning as to the possibility of a DGW, which doesn't appear to have materialised, and has caused you to overreact?
all that for nothing.... how am i overreacting? I'm cool over here. Get over it
If thorough planning and endless discussions that turn out to nothing are not your thing, maybe you're in the wrong forum :)

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Ruth_NZ wrote::arrow:
Why have you deleted so many of your posts?

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Finisher1 wrote:
Will be unfortunate if he's decided to stop providing his insights because certain people can't resist an "i told you so" when some of them turn out the other way.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

eastcentral1 wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:
Will be unfortunate if he's decided to stop providing his insights because certain people can't resist an "i told you so" when some of them turn out the other way.
Personally, I warmly welcome all kinds of opinions and I respect them all, especially if they are well rationalized. I hope everyone respects my opinions too.

Unlike some people, I have never said I wouldn't respect someone's opinions here.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

eastcentral1 wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:
Agreed; not seen so much of it on here but I have on other sites even when he doesn't post on those sites.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:Agreed; not seen so much of it on here but I have on other sites even when he doesn't post on those sites.
That sounds very bitter and childish!

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Finisher1 wrote:
eastcentral1 wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:
Personally, I warmly welcome all kinds of opinions and I respect them all, especially if they are well rationalized. I hope everyone respects my opinions too.

Unlike some people, I have never said I wouldn't respect someone's opinions here.
Well, the warm and respectful tone didn't quite come through in your recent Leicester post aimed at ruth_nz.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

eastcentral1 wrote:Well, the warm and respectful tone didn't quite come through in your recent Leicester post aimed at ruth_nz.
What about his post where he said he doesn't appreciate my points?

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: The second wildcard is coming! (Double Gameweek Planning)

Post by eastcentral1 »

Finisher1 wrote:
eastcentral1 wrote:Well, the warm and respectful tone didn't quite come through in your recent Leicester post aimed at ruth_nz.
What about his post where he said he doesn't appreciate my points?
It all sounds a bit unfortunate. Anyway, let's leave it. Like ruth, i appreciate your opinions and that you're not afraid to make them.

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

What have I missed? Ruth is deleting his posts because his prediction didn't come true? Really??! I hope not, I found those posts really informative

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Bobby Chopps wrote:What have I missed? Ruth is deleting his posts because his prediction didn't come true? Really??! I hope not, I found those posts really informative
If this is the case then that's a shame. Ruth_NZ always put a lot of thought into his posts and was generally a helpful poster, even if he was wrong sometimes (isn't everyone) and if I disagreed with many of his ideas.

I don't think he really liked his conclusions being disagreed with (probably because he put a lot of effort into coming to them) but "I told you so" isn't an intelligent response in a game largely down to chance.

I hope that he's just on a break and comes back with a hardened attitude to some of the banter because I'd rather read a well researched and thought out Ruth_NZ post than an "I told you so" post any day of the week.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

If he wants to come back just to tell me "I told you so" re Baines, that's fine by me!

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Or on Siggy in my case. I thought that was a poor transfer at the time.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Turned out to be inspired. Bet he's kicking himself for folding in and getting Payet.

Paul_Football
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Paul_Football »

Ruth had a lot of good posts but he seemed to take it a little too seriously. Hopefully he's just taking a breather and will come back without putting so much pressure on himself.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

I'll echo what's being said here about hoping that Ruth_NZ returns to the forum, but I still can't get over the incongruity of the name "Ruth" being followed by pronouns like "he" and "his".

I was so much less conflicted when I thought he was a woman. :lol:

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:I'll echo what's being said here about hoping that Ruth_NZ returns to the forum, but I still can't get over the incongruity of the name "Ruth" being followed by pronouns like "he" and "his".

You must have real problems with "Babe" Ruth then... :P

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Mr Clarinet wrote:You must have real problems with "Babe" Ruth then... :P
None at all actually, because he doesn't post on FISO. :wink:

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I miss his posts too. Well researched, well written, and always encouraged discussion, which is what this place should be all about. If he's reading this, I hope he'll consider coming back.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:I'll echo what's being said here about hoping that Ruth_NZ returns to the forum, but I still can't get over the incongruity of the name "Ruth" being followed by pronouns like "he" and "his".

Your binary attitude to gender is sooooo 2014....

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

eastcentral1 wrote:Your binary attitude to gender is sooooo 2014....
I'm still not over the shock of hearing the Johnny Cash song "A Boy Named Sue".

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”