To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Current overall leader

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Re: Current overall leader

Post by Ruth_NZ »

@ Gallas

I guess that quite a bit of this comes down to the old form v fixtures thing. I tend to look at fixtures and fixture blocks, maybe too much.

Anyway, I want regular PMs next season from your talent scouting operation please. Who knows, maybe I could offer some longer-term strategic stuff in return. :)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

thesilkworm wrote:It's his first season, and he seems to be part of a few leagues run by fantasy sites, including FFS.

I'm only speculating, but my guess might be that he was a new player who didn't know about the first wildcard, got very lucky in the first part of the season, and then started taking it more seriously once he realised how well he was doing.
If he's in the FFS community there's a fairly good chance the FFS runners will hoodwink him into an interview I'd say. Will be interesting to see if it is his first season or whether it's a new account for this season.

If anyone wants to try to ask questions - he appears to have a twitter account here complete with fpl updates (only 25 followers):

https://twitter.com/dimitrin23

(Obviously not verified and only in existence 3 weeks).

There's quite a few good captaincy options this week so we might see final week last second swings, but an 18 point lead from 1 wildcard less if pretty remarkable. I mean, I tend to agree with Finisher1, that has to go down as a noticeable mistake - even if it was just used to change bench players for GW19/20 - but that would have just made his lead even bigger. :D

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Ruth_NZ wrote:@ Gallas
I guess that quite a bit of this comes down to the old form v fixtures thing. I tend to look at fixtures and fixture blocks, maybe too much.
Anyway, I want regular PMs next season from your talent scouting operation please. Who knows, maybe I could offer some longer-term strategic stuff in return. :)
Wasn't there a proposal of someone to "sacrifice" his account and offer his team to the forum to be run as a "democracy" team?
(because of course double teams are not allowed by FPL rules...........)
i.e. decisions were to be debated, then sumbitted to a forum poll to which outcome the team owner would be bound to stick with his moves

that way we'd put ALL of our insights and skills to work together...
I think there was on TV in several countries a reality about managing an amateur football club that way, the viewer's vote decided 3 of the starting XI, and then maybe even the subs live... :?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

MoSe wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:@ Gallas
Wasn't there a proposal of someone to "sacrifice" his account and offer his team to the forum to be run as a "democracy" team?
(because of course double teams are not allowed by FPL rules...........)
i.e. decisions were to be debated, then sumbitted to a forum poll to which outcome the team owner would be bound to stick with his moves

that way we'd put ALL of our insights and skills to work together...
I think there was on TV in several countries a reality about managing an amateur football club that way, the viewer's vote decided 3 of the starting XI, and then maybe even the subs live... :?
Ever heard what a camel is? A horse designed by a committee. :)

Would be quite fun to do. But one person would have to be making the final decisions, otherwise the arguments would be endless. If we can figure out a structure and there is an interest then I reckon I can find a team to use. :wink:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Ruth_NZ wrote:But one person would have to be making the final decisions, otherwise the arguments would be endless.
the poll outcome would be the final decision
discussions are only in preparation for the final poll
of course what to poll for is another matter....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”