To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Will Darlow Be NEW's No:1?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Will Darlow Be NEW's No:1?

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Probably a question best suited to our NEW supporters, but Darlow just made a successful return to the reserves this week and picked up a CS in the process, so at 3.9mil I'm interested to know if he's likely to soon take the first team No:1 spot from Elliot in the near future?

From what I've read online he seems to be the older, better, and more experienced keeper, but this doesn't necessarily mean he'll be first choice.

Any advice?

Demi
Cheetah

Re: Will Darlow Be NEW's No:1?

Post by Demi »

Darlow was the deputy to Krul, before both got injured and Elliot got the job. Looks as though it's Elliot's to lose, with Darlow ready to step in as soon as he has a bad game or two: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/fo ... e-10498029

Triggy
Treebeard

Post by Triggy »

Forest fan here so I know all about Darlow and he really looks to be the business and one of the next wave of keepers with claims on the "England's next number 1" title (along with Butland in particular). He really is that good but he isn't experienced in the Premier League. What is in his favour is his future potential and that MacLaren has worked with him before. He's a good shot-stopper, confident in the air and can command his box. Give him the rest of the season and my money would be on him displacing Krul. Mess him about with Elliott and he may go looking elsewhere for a job...

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Demi wrote:Darlow was the deputy to Krul, before both got injured and Elliot got the job. Looks as though it's Elliot's to lose, with Darlow ready to step in as soon as he has a bad game or two:
That would be my assessment too, although as a fan I'd much prefer Darlow to just slot straight in. Can't see him replacing Krul when he returns though - but this is Mike Ashley so there's a high chance Krul will just be sold as soon as Darlow looks vaguely competent...

...or we get relegated.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Thanks for the replies.

So it sounds like he's rated better than Elliot and could get his chance in a couple gw's?

I'm contemplating bringing him in at some point, as a Butland :arrow: Darlow move will allow me to do Cook :arrow: Alderweireld.

Just nervous about having a Hennessey/Darlow combo with both not yet guaranteed.

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

We're getting relegated regardless of who stands in goal be it Darlow or Neuer. Owners are absolute twits who filled the 3rd rate one-time wonders and expect the club's name to suffice in carrying them forward.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”