To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Pelle/Mane (Un)Appreciation Thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Notned
FISO Knight

The Pelle/Mane (Un)Appreciation Thread

Post by Notned »

Would love to open some detailed, in depth discussion, but my thoughts on the matter can be perfectly summarised in two words...

Good riddance.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Re: The Pelle/Mane (Un)Appreciation Thread

Post by NoEyeDeer »

I don't really like saying this about people, and very rarely do, but..............

I HATE MANE! :evil:

PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Post by PitchBookMaker »

NoEyeDeer wrote:I don't really like saying this about people, and very rarely do, but..............

I HATE MANE! :evil:
Channel that anger towards Koeman instead this week...

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

I had Pelle last year for a short period and he did nothing. I bought him in for this mini good run, luckily scoring vs b mouth to return me some points, However he soon went. Never going back there again

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Yep, I've said it before, Mane is a total troll and should be avoided. He trolled my season last year. Ive noticed a pattern that whenever there are internationals, he is always benched the next league game. It seems to happen everytime.

Cant critisise Pelle though. Since I brought him in, Ive had scores of 8, 14, 2, 2, 6, 1, 1 which averages out at almost 5ppg which is acceptable. With his suspension now, Im toying with the idea of selling him for Lukaku for -4, although after his suspension, Southampton have Villa at home where I can see him scoring.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I always felt forced into owning Pelle by the fixtures, price movement and lack of alternatives when Aguero got injured. I'm glad to be rid of him, but at the time he was the only choice so I'm not annoyed with him.

Mane is one of those players that you just have to pick and hold IMO. I guess the problem is that he always looks the most expendable whenever a Coutinho or Eriksen hit form.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I've been waiting to make this thread a while now, but this is the first chance I've really had chance to get rid. They're just so frustrating to own. Both seem to do really well throughout the season, just never when I own them.

As Mav says, Mane's explosiveness is very unpredictable and probably requires a little patience (hard when he's getting outscored by similarly priced options most weeks though),so he will no doubt destroy a team in the next couple of weeks. And Pelle will inevitably turn into Pele again. Just the way it seems to roll with those two for me.

mitchyg1980
FISOhead

Post by mitchyg1980 »

Last season I had Pelle when he was in form and he pretty much won me my super leagues, alongside 2 Soton defenders

This season I missed his big points hauls and have only had a couple of 1 pointers from him so guess over 2 season average I'm 'even' - perhaps I should be thankful, or perhaps not. Either way, he's gone and will be re-visited next season, perhaps.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

With Pelle his recent form should not come as any surprise at all - this is still the same striker who managed just 6 goals in the final 30 PL games last year. He's a donkey and his early stats in terms of goals and involvement (being part of 10 out of Soton's 13 goals) were unsustainable. Unfortunately, with his good fixtures, for most of us he was still at the time on paper the best bet (of a bad bunch).

Mane on the other hand - just wow. He looked so fundamental to his team and so dangerous before this recent spell of deadness. I feel for his owners, who imo made a good choice. :shock:

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

Brought Mane in this week for Payet. I knew there was a risk of being rested but took it. I was expecting at least 45 mins though, and with Soton loosing 1-0 at half time it would have made sense.
Decent call on paper beforehand but it turned out crap as all other options i could have gone for (Barkley, AYew, Countinho, Ozil....) have scored well.
Next game away at City, can't say i'm too optimistic about Mane's point return.

umistboy
Treebeard

Post by umistboy »

Not reliable enough for me. On the first day of the International break I took the risk and shifted Mane and Pelle out for Ozil and Lukaku (C) turning 2pts into 32. Happy days.

My perception of Southampton is that they play passing, possession football but don't score enough.

Dragon!Mullet
Treebeard

Post by Dragon!Mullet »

I am pretty frustrated with Mane myself. He never scores when he's in my team, except for that late goal against Liverpool when he got sent off. Same story last season as well. The only player I find even more frustrating to own is Barkley. He is also prone to explosive performances every once in a while, but is rarely (besides a couple of through passes and some long shots) a real attacking threat in most games. Seriously, screw this guy :(

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

Dragon!Mullet wrote:I am pretty frustrated with Mane myself. He never scores when he's in my team, except for that late goal against Liverpool when he got sent off. Same story last season as well. The only player I find even more frustrating to own is Barkley. He is also prone to explosive performances every once in a while, but is rarely (besides a couple of through passes and some long shots) a real attacking threat in most games. Seriously, screw this guy :(
Exactly the same for me. This goddamn troll cost me mucho dinaro.

White Tiger
Grumpy Old Man

Post by White Tiger »

gooberman wrote:Yep, I've said it before, Mane is a total troll and should be avoided. He trolled my season last year. Ive noticed a pattern that whenever there are internationals, he is always benched the next league game. It seems to happen everytime.

Cant critisise Pelle though. Since I brought him in, Ive had scores of 8, 14, 2, 2, 6, 1, 1 which averages out at almost 5ppg which is acceptable. With his suspension now, Im toying with the idea of selling him for Lukaku for -4, although after his suspension, Southampton have Villa at home where I can see him scoring.
Those last 5 are the gameweeks he's been in my team, so I have a different viewpoint. He's gone now, good riddance.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Dragon!Mullet wrote:I am pretty frustrated with Mane myself. He never scores when he's in my team
I'm fed up with Mane as well, for the same reason as above, but will probably keep him for the Villa game. The only thing that is bound to happen is him getting double figures away at Manchester City, while sitting on my bench, and then doing f' all again against Villa at home.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Got rid of mane this week. He has eff me so hard after I got him in.

First week he made me bench Mahrez (15 p) and after that it has just gone downhill...

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Yes, Mane did that. What a "troll".

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

hancockjr wrote:Yes, Mane did that. What a "troll".
:lol:

Sadio Mané forced me to change my captain from Barkley to Sánchez last week. He's so mean.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Mané convinced me to avoid Özil because, "he can't possibly keep assisting at the same rate". Thanks a bunch, Sadio.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Mane made me ignore Mahrez on my GW2 wildcard. bustard.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Mané told me my shoes were untied and then ran away.

On closer inspection, I was wearing loafers.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Anyone?

PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Post by PitchBookMaker »

From4corners wrote:Anyone?
I was just thinking of all those "Thanks, Obama" memes... :lol:

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Obama hates them.

And blames Mané for starting them.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mane forced me to read this pointless shitty thread and to post another pointless post in it.

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

Agree with the sentiment that Pelle just isn't that good while you just have to stay patient with Mane. No international breaks until March. This weekend is his hardest game of the season but I have no hesitation in fielding him. He's totally stitched me up this season so far.

The Dazzler
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 9th overall in FPL 2005/06, 50th 2010/11, 288th 2014/15

Post by The Dazzler »

Mane will presumably play up front this week in the absence of Pelle.
Time to shine Sadio! :)

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Shane Long would seem the most likely candidate to lead the line.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Pelle forced me to get Aguero before I wanted him. :roll:

I did captain him for 15 points last season though. Unfortunately that was the week Tadic scored 23 and Aguero scored 21 (I had neither of them).

PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Post by PitchBookMaker »

Ruth_NZ wrote:Pelle forced me to get Aguero before I wanted him. :roll:

I did captain him for 15 points last season though. Unfortunately that was the week Tadic scored 23 and Aguero scored 21 (I had neither of them).
Bwuahahahah... comedy!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”