To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Roberto Firmino

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: Roberto Firmino

Post by Joccki_10 »

Notned wrote:Firmino could be explosive in a DGW potentially, but I think I'd be concerned about his likelihood of starting both matches in the unlikely event everyone is available.
I'd pass on him, because of this.
It doesn't make him a straight DGW punt anymore and then I'd come to the same conclusion as Mav': it's hard to justify putting him on over the likes of Payet at similar prices.

Les_Gomiserables
Treebeard

Post by Les_Gomiserables »

I liked Firmino when I saw him in Germany last season and was really looking forward to him coming over and he has slightly been a let down.

However, we've all seen what he can do on a few occasions now. Have toyed at getting him in, however just don't think you can do it with Liverpool being so crazy ATM.

That being said Liverpools upcoming fixtures are fantastic.

Personally prefer Willian and Wijnaldum who are a bit cheaper but if you think Liverpool might find some consistency he could be a good POD.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Nice early returns for those that took a punt.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Yeah, bandwagon will reach full steam now. Especially if they and/or Everton get through in the league cup. Doubt I'll be able to stretch though. He's bound to rise before then pricing me out, but I'd like to wait until things are clearer regarding any potential DGW before making any transfers this week.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I don't know about that still. I've got the cash ready for Firminho or Coutinho if the DGW is confirmed but liverpool don't look good and apart from a somewhat lucky shot, theres not much being shown by any Liverpool attacker.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Yeah, true. Liverpool don't look particularly appealing generally at the minute, if not for the fixtures/potential double. I'd still be slightly concerned about him playing 2x 90 minutes in a DGW too, I think.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

I'm still not quite sure either. But my thoughts about him are tempting to turn, so if he keeps playing as a striker, I think I might transfer him in faster than expected.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Good choice for anybody who went for him

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Mav3rick wrote:I don't know about that still. I've got the cash ready for Firminho or Coutinho if the DGW is confirmed but liverpool don't look good and apart from a somewhat lucky shot, theres not much being shown by any Liverpool attacker.
Well, he obviously read my criticism at half time. Probably what spurred him on.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:I don't know about that still. I've got the cash ready for Firminho or Coutinho if the DGW is confirmed but liverpool don't look good and apart from a somewhat lucky shot, theres not much being shown by any Liverpool attacker.
Well, he obviously read my criticism at half time. Probably what spurred him on.
I've a list of ten players I'd be more than happy for you to criticise, if this is the case :lol:

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

too much of a risk to bring him in before that stoke game even if he rises .3m by then

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

All this talk of not nailed is now surely put to bed? Triple rise this week?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

so who are you selling, Mahrez or Payet?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

RidleyMTB wrote:All this talk of not nailed is now surely put to bed? Triple rise this week?
He's certainly staking his claim, and I'd say a triple rise is a possibility. I probably can't stretch in a single move though (unless a lose a 'premium'), so may have to stretch for the duller Henderson alternative. If any.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

RidleyMTB wrote:All this talk of not nailed is now surely put to bed? Triple rise this week?
Does he actually make the team when Coutinho & Sturridge are fit, and a new signing is here (e.g. Teixeira)? And even if so probably not as a striker, right?

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Personally, In the 433 Klopp plays Id see Ibe missing out for Coutinho. If Sturridge was fit ( :lol: ) Id see Milner drop back to replce the GodAwful Can and Firmino still up in the front three. I dont know anything about Texeira.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Stemania wrote:
Does he actually make the team when Coutinho & Sturridge are fit, and a new signing is here (e.g. Teixeira)? And even if so probably not as a striker, right?
Sturridge will play the cup game and will get injured again. :lol: After his performance today I probably would say Firmino is now nailed to the strikers' position for at least a few weeks.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

This will be a tricky one to get right, I think. Could smash it up in a DGW, but not without an element of risk.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Points haul aside, how well do people think Firmino actually played today?

Poison Idea
Treebeard
FS Record: Decent

Post by Poison Idea »

Hard to diss a guy with two goals and an assist. At least two key passes (Milner should've scored) and one shot on target more.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Worrying about whether he will keep his place when Sturridge is fit is pretty pointless really

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Doing nothing until I see how the League Cup goes.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Beerfuelledman wrote:Doing nothing until I see how the League Cup goes.
Likewise.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Points haul aside, how well do people think Firmino actually played today?
Looked sharp on MOTD it has to be said, but then the defending for both goals was poor too.

Just seen his last four goals have come from four shots on target, too. Not sure what to make of that really... A positive due to his accuracy and 100% conversion rate, or unsustainable?

Either way, I don't think Leicester's defence will be quite so forgiving next gameweek.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

This is one of those cases where you don't want to knee-jerk and recognise that he could be good for the dgw (if it happens) and yet a rapid price rise together with potential falls of your existing players makes one tempted to bring him in early.

Bravely resisting until Tuesday at least and hoping he doesn't go up twice between now and then.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Notned wrote:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:Points haul aside, how well do people think Firmino actually played today?
Looked sharp on MOTD it has to be said, but then the defending for both goals was poor too.

Just seen his last four goals have come from four shots on target, too. Not sure what to make of that really... A positive due to his accuracy and 100% conversion rate, or unsustainable?

Either way, I don't think Leicester's defence will be quite so forgiving next gameweek.
I've watched every minute he's played this season and can safely tell you he is extremely accurate. He doesn't shoot anywhere near as much as say Coutinho does but when he does he is always close and is unlucky to have hit the woodwork on more than one occasion this season.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: RE: Re: Roberto Firmino

Post by Stemania »

Beerfuelledman wrote:Personally, In the 433 Klopp plays Id see Ibe missing out for Coutinho. If Sturridge was fit (Image) Id see Milner drop back to replce the GodAwful Can and Firmino still up in the front three. I dont know anything about Texeira.
Interestingly, Klopp referred to Lallana as "usually a fixed lineup player" in the BBC post game interview, suggesting perhaps that he sees him as pretty first choice if fit. Just to add to the picture.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: RE: Re: Roberto Firmino

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Stemania wrote:Interestingly, Klopp referred to Lallana as "usually a fixed lineup player" in the BBC post game interview, suggesting perhaps that he sees him as pretty first choice if fit. Just to add to the picture.
By "picture" you mean "confusion"?

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

Put Firmino in as there always seems to be goals in Liverpool Norwich games and the fixtures are good with potential DGW.

There's no way Klopp will be dropping Firmino for Benteke any time soon. They are far more potent with him in the side.

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

It's Sturridge as well though. I reckon this Firmino is a decent player, but a flash in the pan fantasy wise. Could be wrong, but I'm skipping this one.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”