To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Roberto Firmino

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Roberto Firmino

Post by MPTree »

Thought he might like his own thread. I didn't see the game today but read he was impressive. Struggled to get regular minutes since joining, but does that seem likely to change? Is he on anyone else's radar?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Roberto Firmino

Post by From4corners »

He's been on my radar since he joined Liverpool, I've been a big fan of him ever since I saw him play for Hoffenheim various ago. I'd love for him to showcase in the PL what he did in Germany.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

i wonder if he would continue to play at striker

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Klopp is a genius. He is somewhat similar to SAF in his ability to take a bunch of mediocre players (even in a struggling team) and pull a fabulous rabbit out of a hat.
He'll play a different formation and tactics against every single opponent, frustrating them as Lpl did yesterday to MCI.
Thus... it is far from being guaranteed that Firmino will play every game (unlike Coutinho if uninjured).

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Having watched the game, he literally could and should have scored 5 goals! I would guess it will be a different story in home games though when teams sit back.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Ironfist wrote:Klopp is a genius. He is somewhat similar to SAF in his ability to take a bunch of mediocre players (even in a struggling team) and pull a fabulous rabbit out of a hat.
He'll play a different formation and tactics against every single opponent, frustrating them as Lpl did yesterday to MCI.
Thus... it is far from being guaranteed that Firmino will play every game (unlike Coutinho if uninjured).
Mirrors my thinking exactly. Would love to have punted on Firmino's explosiveness, but in the end I opted for Coutinho. Just seemed 'safer'. (Provided of course the injury was just a bit of cramp, as suggested)

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

He's not a deadly finisher, and he showed that, missed some great opportunities. He's played as main striker for Brazil a couple of times and didn't do to well.
Firmino got more points in the end but the real star was Coutinho. He and Firmino had a very good link, it will be interesting to see how it goes with Benteke.
I think Firmino will be in a support role more often than not. He'll probably have more assists than goals. Coutinho looks the safest bet right now but should Firmino prove to be the best choice it's a very easy swap.
Ref. the injury, it seemed like a niggle that led to a precautionary sub. Didn't look like anything serious, most managers would probably treat him on the pitch and try to make him keep playing, but Klopp is more intelligent than the average manager and subbed him right away.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Le Red wrote:He's not a deadly finisher, and he showed that, missed some great opportunities. He's played as main striker for Brazil a couple of times and didn't do to well.
Firmino got more points in the end but the real star was Coutinho. He and Firmino had a very good link, it will be interesting to see how it goes with Benteke.
I think Firmino will be in a support role more often than not. He'll probably have more assists than goals. Coutinho looks the safest bet right now but should Firmino prove to be the best choice it's a very easy swap.
Ref. the injury, it seemed like a niggle that led to a precautionary sub. Didn't look like anything serious, most managers would probably treat him on the pitch and try to make him keep playing, but Klopp is more intelligent than the average manager and subbed him right away.
Every word of that is a re-assuring read, having chosen Coutinho and pulled the trigger already!

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

gooberman wrote:Having watched the game, he literally could and should have scored 5 goals! I would guess it will be a different story in home games though when teams sit back.
He won't be up against Joe Hart every week. He made a few decent saves from Firminio and 6 overall according to FPL.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Calvin1979 wrote:
gooberman wrote:Having watched the game, he literally could and should have scored 5 goals! I would guess it will be a different story in home games though when teams sit back.
He won't be up against Joe Hart every week. He made a few decent saves from Firminio and 6 overall according to FPL.
Decent being the key word here. Those weren't world class saves and other keepers in the PL could have done the same. Firmino's to blame for those misses, the chances were clear cut and proper strikers wouldn't have given the keeper a chance.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

Maybe but Hart is good at anticipating the situation, reacting quickly and making a decent opportunity look wasteful. Also you'd possibly forgive Firmino for a lack of match sharpness.

owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Post by owenclass »

He could be a good option but im thinking of Coutinho instead

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

7.7m now. A brace last week and starts again today (presumably up front?). One to watch.

Curwinkle
FISOhead

Post by Curwinkle »

Yes he's up front and looking quite lively.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

He certainly deserves a run in the team, benteke is in 1 minute and then out, and when coutinho is back somebody will drop out, and firminho deserves to be in ahead of lallana.
Just depends if you think he will be consistent. Can see him being a frustrating player where he will have plenty of 2 point game spells

pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pdhmobile »

ive have brought him in for Oscar just now. Playing up front and clearly Klopp doesnt fancy Bentekkers. Good differential Im hoping!!!!

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

With his fixtures, I have taken a punt on him in place of Arnautovic. Nothing much to lose really.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Isn't the big issue with Firmino that Klopp appears to favour Benteke for the easier games when they expect to dominate possession and don't need that extra 'midfielder'?

The games Tekkers has been benched for in the last couple of months have been (che, mci, wat, LEI, ARS, MUN), and he's started all the easier ones (PAL, SWA, new, WHU, sun, whu).

Firmino's been immune to missing out recently even when Benteke played, but I'd guess that's more down to Coutinho being out. Beforehand there seemed to be a striker rotation policy going on with them depending on the style they wanted, in turn depending on opposition. Granted, the recent contrasting performances of both may have given Firmino the impetus, but I can't help feel this has got a Whiff of the Walcotts about it - an OOP striker one week and on the bench the next (if everyone's fit). :?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Stemania wrote:Isn't the big issue with Firmino that Klopp appears to favour Benteke for the easier games when they expect to dominate possession and don't need that extra 'midfielder'?

The games Tekkers has been benched for in the last couple of months have been (che, mci, wat, LEI, ARS, MUN), and he's started all the easier ones (PAL, SWA, new, WHU, sun, whu).

Firmino's been immune to missing out recently even when Benteke played, but I'd guess that's more down to Coutinho being out. Beforehand there seemed to be a striker rotation policy going on with them depending on the style they wanted, in turn depending on opposition. Granted, the recent contrasting performances of both may have given Firmino the impetus, but I can't help feel this has got a Whiff of the Walcotts about it - an OOP striker one week and on the bench the next (if everyone's fit). :?
Good point. I guess this lessens the temptation to bring him in based purely on an easy fixture run, in a kind of perverse way. As suggested by Ruth on another thread, and briefly considered by myself, maybe the slightly dullard pick of Henderson is the most viable way in to their midfield?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Notned wrote:dullard
Notned wrote:Henderson
Are you casting aspersions on Jordan's mental capabilities? :wink:

Re: Firmino, I agree with Stem's assessment that he has "a whiff of the Walcotts" about him. Klopp has previously favoured Benteke for the so-called easier games. Whether this will continue is another question. Firmino is showing some good form and Benteke has been utter dogshit. Coutinho's return from injury could put his starting place in further doubt.

I've been looking at Firmino as a potential buy-in for the (potential) DGW, but I think Coutinho or Henderson might be safer options. I feel those jumping on now may be jumping too soon.

One to monitor.
Last edited by Pirlo's Beard on 18 Jan 2016, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Stemania wrote:Isn't the big issue with Firmino that Klopp appears to favour Benteke for the easier games when they expect to dominate possession and don't need that extra 'midfielder'?

Sturridge is the bigger worry for me along with Coutinho possibly taking his place during the (likely) DGW.

Liverpool injury news

Philippe Coutinho
Injury: Hamstring Strain.
Estimated return date: Early February.

Divock Origi
Injury: Knee Surgery.
Estimated return date: Mid-to-late February.

Dejan Lovren
Estimated return date: Mid-to-late January.

Joe Gomez
Injury: Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury.
Estimated return date: Ruled out for the season.

Danny Ings
Injury: Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury.
Estimated return date: Ruled out for the season.

Jon Flanagan
Injury: Knee Cartilage Injury.
Estimated return date: Lacking Fitness. January / February 2016.

Martin Skrtel
Estimated return date: Early-to-mid February.

Daniel Sturridge
Estimated return date: Close. Assessed daily.

Jordan Rossiter
Injury: Hamstring Strain
Estimated return date: Mid-to- late January.

Not too worried about Benteke taking his place after the brace he netted against Arsenal and the decent shift he put in against United. Anyway, Klopp will probably drop Lallana first as the guy never scores or gets an assist.

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

RidleyMTB wrote:With his fixtures, I have taken a punt on him in place of Arnautovic. Nothing much to lose really.
Without going off the point of discussion (Firmino) is this pick instead of Payet or is Mahrez to Payet going to happen in due course?

Is money not a factor either?

I like the Firmino move but on a personal note I can't have Firmino and Payet. Alli and Firmino/Payet is fine, not sure I would want to not own Payet given how central he is to WHU post this week's fixture.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Resonare wrote: Sturridge is the bigger worry for me along with Coutinho possibly taking his place during the (likely) DGW.
Sure, there's definitely lots of reasons to be deterred by Firmino.

If he was fit for any potential double then Sturridge is probably their most dangerous player, just such a stupendously big 'if'. He should really get the following line tatooed about his person somewhere as it appears to be his natural state:
Resonare wrote: Estimated return date: Close. Assessed daily.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Stemania wrote:
Resonare wrote: Sturridge is the bigger worry for me along with Coutinho possibly taking his place during the (likely) DGW.
Sure, there's definitely lots of reasons to be deterred by Firmino.

If he was fit for any potential double then Sturridge is probably their most dangerous player, just such a stupendously big 'if'. He should really get the following line tatooed about his person somewhere as it appears to be his natural state:
Resonare wrote: Estimated return date: Close. Assessed daily.
(On social media)
*Daniel Sturridge shows off his new back tatoo"

Hours later...
*Daniel Sturridge is ruled out due to a back injury*

:?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

The conversion rate for our shots to "on target" and to actual goals is laughable, but having said that we have been making a lot of chances. Coutinho is often criticised for shooting on sight which doesn't help the stats, but even without him the last two games the conversion numbers have been really poor.

I think some team or other is going to suffer when it clicks and Liverpool might well run up 4 or 5 goals in a game, but there doesn't seem to be an obvious candidate that you can put in at the moment and be sure of playing the lions share of those 4 or 5 games.

Overall, I think right now Firminho is a gamblers choice, and I'd find it hard to justify putting him on over the likes of Payet at similar prices.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:The conversion rate for our shots to "on target" and to actual goals is laughable, but having said that we have been making a lot of chances. Coutinho is often criticised for shooting on sight which doesn't help the stats, but even without him the last two games the conversion numbers have been really poor.

I think some team or other is going to suffer when it clicks and Liverpool might well run up 4 or 5 goals in a game, but there doesn't seem to be an obvious candidate that you can put in at the moment and be sure of playing the lions share of those 4 or 5 games.

Overall, I think right now Firminho is a gamblers choice, and I'd find it hard to justify putting him on over the likes of Payet at similar prices.
I know it's dull, but how do you rate Henderson as a potential DGW punt, Mav?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Personally I think he's been too deep and not getting in the box enough nor creating enough chances. I'd pass on him, on the basis that 5 outfield doublers would be enough and 3 city, Moreno and Lukaku would cover it better.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:Personally I think he's been too deep and not getting in the box enough nor creating enough chances. I'd pass on him, on the basis that 5 outfield doublers would be enough and 3 city, Moreno and Lukaku would cover it better.
Yeah, fair call. I guess 5 is more manageable in terms of the blank which follows, at least.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Firminho is worth a DGW punt I'd guess if it happens (I'm not sure I'd trust him for a run of several games).

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Firmino could be explosive in a DGW potentially, but I think I'd be concerned about his likelihood of starting both matches in the unlikely event everyone is available.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”