To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW14 Transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Re: GW14 Transfers

Post by PitchBookMaker »

Ruth_NZ wrote:Myhill Hennessey
Johnson Williams Evans Moreno Kolarov
Bolasie Mahrez KDB Sanchez Surman
Aguero Kane Lukaku

It's not too bad and it has the advantage of all my budget being utilised, I have 0.0 in the bank. Next transfer (GW15) will probably be Kolarov out for Alderweireld or Vertonghen, I need players that will be nailed on over Xmas (plus Spurs have an ace fixture run from GW15). But really I could do with some extra FTs, I'm itching to switch Sanchez for Hazard and I'm not sure about KDB either. Maybe when Walcott returns it will rejuvenate Sanchez. I hope so. :|
Interesting to read how your strategy changed, and interesting thought process. I like your team and have a similar lineup, although I've managed to keep Ozil in the midfield as well. defence is far from ideal, but like you, I'm favouring a strong front-7 now with so many attacking options available and performing well. Despite poor returns recently, I actually think Sanchez and KDB played well this past week, as evidenced by their relative BPS and also my personal observations.

Are you leaning towards Lukaku for GW14 captain?

Bao
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Bao »

Aguero, Coutinho and Kane price push my hand to:

Pelle -> Aguero
Vardy -> Kane
KDB -> Coutinho
Evans -> Wollschield
(-8)

Reluctant to sell KDB -> Coutinho and Pelle -> Kane (4 point hit) last week cost me a lot of point different and 8 point hit due to price rise. It is annoying to see Kane and Coutinho score last week.

epik
Red & Blue Braces

Post by epik »

McCarthy Myhill
Simpson Alderweireld Kolarov Dier Souare
De Bruyne Mane Sanchez Ayew Westwood
Vardy Lukaku Ighalo

Vardy -> Giroud

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
PitchBookMaker wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
Incrediblewoody wrote:I need a further .3 to enable my transfers so can either do:

De gea :arrow: any 5.1 or below goalkeeper
Rojo :arrow: any 5.1 defender or below
Lloris is worth considering if you want a 5.1 GK. Spurs have stellar fixtures from GW15 to GW25 and no EL for most of that time.

Rojo was apparently benched only because of long-distance travel and late return in the international break. I think his place is still probably pretty secure. But if you wanted to switch him out Moreno could be a good shout.
Agreed, I still like Rojo too, although Blind's versatility can threaten anyone other than Smalling or DDG. Ruth, what changes have you made? I've brought in Aguero... obviously... :wink:
Well... Aguero's quick return - even if it was a forced one because Bony was injured - really screwed up my plans. I was all set to go without Aguero till after Xmas, my planned transfer this week was Pelle to Benteke. But Benteke was benched yesterday for the 2nd time in 3 weeks - not encouraging - and Aguero returned and scored which means his price will rise steadily and quite fast. I really didn't expect him back that quickly.

Pelle had to go and I couldn't see any other striker I wanted with Benteke uncertain. So last night I bowed to the long-term perspective and did a double transfer for a hit - Azpilicueta :arrow: Moreno and Pelle :arrow: Aguero. It's a pain losing Azpi ahead of Chelsea's great fixtures but Mourinho benched him yesterday and if he's to be rested in easier fixtures he's no use to me - his 2 minute performance for 1 point missed the Chelsea clean sheet and denied me Johnson's 7-pointer on my bench.

Anyway, at least Moreno will give me a bit of the Liverpool action, they look like a fast-improving team. Had Benteke started yesterday I would have stuck to my plans but he's evidently not nailed on for Klopp. Ah well. I don't expect much from Aguero right now and I certainly won't be captaining him till GW18. Truthfully that makes him bad value - 13.0 for someone you won't be captaining can never deliver value. But at least I will have Aguero at 13.0 when I want him after Xmas (injuries permitting).

Unfortunately all that means my planned return to 4-4-2 will now be delayed till after Xmas, my other forwards are Kane and Lukaku and I'm not shifting either of them anytime soon. So my squad is not in the shape I'd ideally like it to be in but it was a pragmatic decision really.

Myhill Hennessey
Johnson Williams Evans Moreno Kolarov
Bolasie Mahrez KDB Sanchez Surman
Aguero Kane Lukaku

It's not too bad and it has the advantage of all my budget being utilised, I have 0.0 in the bank. Next transfer (GW15) will probably be Kolarov out for Alderweireld or Vertonghen, I need players that will be nailed on over Xmas (plus Spurs have an ace fixture run from GW15). But really I could do with some extra FTs, I'm itching to switch Sanchez for Hazard and I'm not sure about KDB either. Maybe when Walcott returns it will rejuvenate Sanchez. I hope so. :|
Doesn't this totally contradict everything you were banging on about in the Aguero thread? :lol:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

PitchBookMaker wrote:Interesting to read how your strategy changed, and interesting thought process. I like your team and have a similar lineup, although I've managed to keep Ozil in the midfield as well. defence is far from ideal, but like you, I'm favouring a strong front-7 now with so many attacking options available and performing well. Despite poor returns recently, I actually think Sanchez and KDB played well this past week, as evidenced by their relative BPS and also my personal observations.

Are you leaning towards Lukaku for GW14 captain?
Yes, the only realistic alternative to the way I went was Pelle :arrow: Costa and no hit. But Costa has caused me too much heartache and I don't think he's playing well, I watch Chelsea a lot and he hasn't been getting into goalscoring positions in the same way as last season.

Lukaku captain - yes. Unless Bolasie plays very well tonight, he has Newcastle (h) next and could be considered. The 3rd option is Sanchez @ Norwich but I wouldn't consider him unless I knew Walcott was back and would start.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
Doesn't this totally contradict everything you were banging on about in the Aguero thread? :lol:
I don't think so. It means I made a pragmatic decision on the basis of current facts.
Ruth_NZ wrote:The FFS article lists all his returns from injury but they aren't relevant. It also lists how long it was before he scored which also isn't relevant - a goal is a goal whoever scores it, Aguero doesn't get more points for his. You need to be looking at injuries when he has been out for a month or more, unable to train fully and losing match fitness. And you need to look at scoring rates afterwards, not when the first goal came.

Here are the injury spells that count:

19/8/13 to 23/9/12 - he then scored 2 goals in 5 PL games
24/2/13 to 30/3/13 - he then scored 2 goals in 5 PL games
14/12/13 to 15/1/13 - he then scored 2 goals in 2 PL games before getting injured again
29/1/14 to 2/3/14 - he then scored 2 goals in 5 PL games
6/12/14 to 10/1/14 - he then scored 2 goals in 5 PL games

All of which suggests that what my eye tells me is true - he tends to take a while after a longer layoff to get match sharp (as most players do). And that is the reason I'm in no rush to remove players like Kane and/or Lukaku earlier than I want to in order to accommodate Aguero. I will watch closely and I will move earlier if I feel it's necessary. But it is no default decision for me to get him back as soon as he's available again.
"Banging on about" is pejorative by the way. Maybe you don't like me posting here?

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Not at all, but you did go to a lot of effort to make others feel like bringing Aguero in early was a silly decision and weakened other areas of their team.

You can post what you like when you like, I have absolutely no problem with you what so ever, but don't get your back up when someone points out your actions are contradictory to your previous advice and plans.

And you made much more of an argument than that one post you quoted. ;)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

No, I made the case that bringing Aguero in early was not a default decision and had drawbacks. I still think so. There are potential risks and benefits either way and having Aguero in my team when I am highly unlikely to captain him till after Xmas is not a value move.

My arm was twisted by 3 things: Aguero back earlier than I expected, scoring and about to rise in price, Pelle suspended and Benteke benched again. So I made a pragmatic decision based on being on the right side of price movements. Had it been Vardy sitting in my team instead of Pelle I wouldn't have moved.

The underlying argument I made about Aguero I still stand by. But that doesn't stop me from making a pragmatic decision.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Mane :arrow: Willian
Mata :arrow: Alli
Pelle :arrow: Aguero
Vardy :arrow: Lukaku

-8!

Madness for me to take an -8 hit especially so early in a European week but the swing in value would've been crazy.

I'm also now left with the dream frontline of Kane, Lukaku and Aguero 8-) as well as a suspended Alli :lol:

llama
Grumpy Old Man

Post by llama »

Pelle :arrow: Aguero
De Bruyne :arrow: Coutinho

Both transfers done on Saturday night for a -4

I still have Azpi who needs to go - if he looks like dropping this week I will take another -4, hopefully not though.

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

Pellé :arrow: Aguero
Yaya :arrow: Stanislas

Both FTs done on Saturday night, which left me with 0.1 ITB.

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

I'm probably the only one not bringing Aguero in. There is no way that I really want to do this and keep/get the players I want for less than an 8 point hit. Given I do not want to captain Aguero for the next 2 gameweeks at least, I am struggling to see how this hit would pay off. Obviously it means Aguero will cost me more when I do get him in, but I am vainly hoping, that Pelle, Mane and KDB/Sanchez can cover. Probably the wrong decision but the way this season has been going not much else can go wrong.

So will probably be going with a Williams :arrow: Palace defender (souare or Ward) depending on tonight's game to free up 0.5m of cash and get someone in who actually has the possibility of a clean sheet

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

helmethead wrote:I'm probably the only one not bringing Aguero in. There is no way that I really want to do this and keep/get the players I want for less than an 8 point hit. Given I do not want to captain Aguero for the next 2 gameweeks at least, I am struggling to see how this hit would pay off. Obviously it means Aguero will cost me more when I do get him in, but I am vainly hoping, that Pelle, Mane and KDB/Sanchez can cover. Probably the wrong decision but the way this season has been going not much else can go wrong.

So will probably be going with a Williams :arrow: Palace defender (souare or Ward) depending on tonight's game to free up 0.5m of cash and get someone in who actually has the possibility of a clean sheet
Not bringing in an 13 mill player I wont captain for the next 4-5 GWs myself.

I have Lukaku - Kane - Vardy and they will do for the next 2 GWs atleast. Will revalute after that.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

snakzz wrote:
helmethead wrote:I'm probably the only one not bringing Aguero in. There is no way that I really want to do this and keep/get the players I want for less than an 8 point hit. Given I do not want to captain Aguero for the next 2 gameweeks at least, I am struggling to see how this hit would pay off. Obviously it means Aguero will cost me more when I do get him in, but I am vainly hoping, that Pelle, Mane and KDB/Sanchez can cover. Probably the wrong decision but the way this season has been going not much else can go wrong.

Not bringing in an 13 mill player I wont captain for the next 4-5 GWs myself.

I have Lukaku - Kane - Vardy and they will do for the next 2 GWs atleast. Will revalute after that.
I'm still sticking by my original plan to bring him in some time after GW18. Going to stick with Lukaku - Vardy - Ighalo this week and then bring in Kane (probably for Vardy) and bench Ighalo. The only downsides that could cause a change of mind is the continued inability of Sanchez and KDB to score point and a prolonged absence for Coutinho.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Kompany + Costa to Wollschied + Aguero, got the exact money will have to do it later today

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

I notice people talking about Coutinho - he went off holding his hamstring

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

Probably Pelle :arrow: Aguero and Kolarov :arrow: Wollscheid for a -4.

Hopefully I'll be able to do it after the European games, but I need to monitor Pelle, Aguero and Wollscheid's prices quite carefully.

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Not getting Aguero yet either, I will be 1-2 weeks behind the early adopters....got Lukaku Saturday for Pelle, obvious move - but again 2 weeks behind.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

bigcliff2 wrote:I notice people talking about Coutinho - he went off holding his hamstring
Klopp suggested after the game it may have just been cramp, and Coutinho didn't seem particularly downhearted on the touchline, so I'm hoping the news is positive. Got my fingers crossed anyway, having been forced into taking the risk early due to impending price changes.

gallowayalex

Post by gallowayalex »

De Bruyne --> Barkley done FT
Pelle --> Aguero to do tomorrow FT
Considering a -4 of either:
Mahrez --> Willian
Mane --> Coutinho

Rest of mid/forwards: Sanchez, Cabaye, Mahrez, Ighalo, Lukaku

Views?

Roger Ramjet
FISOhead

Post by Roger Ramjet »

Looking like Pelle :arrow: Lukaku

Or

Somehow get Aguero in but it'll take a 4 point hit :?

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

should we invest more in a more well rounded bench for the christmas period? A backup plan for players who might get rested and rotated?

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

payetme wrote:should we invest more in a more well rounded bench for the christmas period? A backup plan for players who might get rested and rotated?
Not for me. I play 343 and often will have 1 useless GK, 1 useless defender and 1 useless midfielder all benched. I tend to have 4 defenders who play, rotating and selecting 3, leaving 1 benched & to come in should a player in my startong 11 be injured or rested.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Also Sanchez dropped earlier in the week, guessing due to people jumping on Aguero and needing funds. On 43% towards another drop. Yellow flagged.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

Did KDB and Pelle to Aguero and Stanislas earlier in the week.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Probably my last big hit of the season:

Mane :arrow: Anya (Mane good riddance, but will probably score a hat-trick now in spite of me)
Kolarov :arrow: Moreno (the hardest transfer to make, but feeling slightly better about it now with City's defensive issues and Clichy's return in the CL)
Dier :arrow: Wollscheid (so annoying he is now a doubt :evil: )

-8pt hit all to raise 6mil ITB for Aguero.

I was contemplating a 12pt hit to do Vardy :arrow: Aguero, but it now looks like Vardy will rise whilst Aguero may not until after deadline, so may hold on that transfer until next gw, as a 12pt hit could backfire miserably now with both Sanchez and Wollsceid flagged. :roll:

Having to play Vardy, Mahrez and possibly Simpson against United is of huge concern to me now though, not to mention possibly Anya off the bench for Sanchez. Could be a horror gw now. :cry:

PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Post by PitchBookMaker »

NoEyeDeer wrote:Probably my last big hit of the season
Fellow junkie here... I told myself the same thing! :lol:

bentapp
FISOhead

Post by bentapp »

Pelle out, Aguero in - was planned anyway but the ban makes it even more of a no brainer :)

ryan1044
Treebeard

Post by ryan1044 »

having a woeful season so have gone

pelle into giroud

I now have giroud , sanchez , ozil. To many from arsenal but there next games are easy for a while and I am taking a gamble that they will start scoring a heap of goals in which case I'd be near nailed on to have the assist and the goal each time!

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

PitchBookMaker wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote:Probably my last big hit of the season
Fellow junkie here... I told myself the same thing! :lol:
Taken "my last big hit of the season" too...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”