To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Kane or Vardy?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Kane or Vardy?

Post by gallus »

If money wasn't an issue, who would you pick for long term from this GW on? The other two strikers would be Kun and Lukaku.

Notned
FISO Knight

Re: Kane or Vardy?

Post by Notned »

Kane, if money was no issue. As it is though, with money tight with Aguero's return imminent, Vardy is hard to overlook at that price. Glad I own him, and no imminent plans for that to change in the near future.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Kane. I have him already. Tempted to join your strike force (already have Vardy could swap for Kun depending on today's game)

Seems weird though thinking of ditching a guy who has 10 straight bpl games all with goals

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

cesc408 wrote: Seems weird though thinking of ditching a guy who has 10 straight bpl games all with goals
That's the thing, it seems weird to sell him but surely he can't keep scoring? If he keeps this up he'll score 40 goals this season!

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

gallus wrote:
cesc408 wrote: Seems weird though thinking of ditching a guy who has 10 straight bpl games all with goals
That's the thing, it seems weird to sell him but surely he can't keep scoring? If he keeps this up he'll score 40 goals this season!
Who says that can't happen? As RvN stated today:

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

It's been very exciting to watch Leicester and their climb to the top, but let's not forget they only faced two top sides so far, Spurs and Arsenal, both at home, and they only got one point, conceding 6 goals. It's true Vardy got a brace against Arsenal but the second goal was really lucky.
I wish them all the luck in the world from now on but reason says goals will be fewer in the next (tough) fixtures. It is yet to be seen for how long can Vardy play 90 minutes every match in this electric rhythm.
So many questions but would any gambler expect Vardy to continue his scoring average? Definitely not.

PokerGod1900
FISOhead

Post by PokerGod1900 »

I am planning on holding Vardy for United at home and Swansea away. He definitely has the potential to score big points at Swansea.

Then it's Vardy to Kane for GW16 ready for Newcastle at home.

CupidStunt000
FISOhead

Post by CupidStunt000 »

Le Red wrote:It is yet to be seen for how long can Vardy play 90 minutes every match in this electric rhythm.
So many questions but would any gambler expect Vardy to continue his scoring average? Definitely not.
I don't think anybody would be betting that he'd keep up scoring at the rate he has been but even if he did drop off and start scoring once every 2 games for the rest of the season he would still be great value for money.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

CupidStunt000 wrote:
Le Red wrote:It is yet to be seen for how long can Vardy play 90 minutes every match in this electric rhythm.
I don't think anybody would be betting that he'd keep up scoring at the rate he has been but even if he did drop off and start scoring once every 2 games for the rest of the season he would still be great value for money.
That is true. Vardy is a good value enabler. The problem is he blocks one of the three most important slots in the squad.

If better strikers for better teams with better fixtures weren't in form then he'd be a great value player to have. But they are. Kane and Lukaku are tearing it up and have fantastic fixtures, they are probably the only captain options you need for the next 4-6 weeks.

So that leaves Aguero. If you think the premium midfielders (Sanchez, KDB, SIlva, Hazard) will out-perform Aguero in the next 4-6 weeks then Vardy is a good enabler for them. If you think Aguero will come out better then Vardy has to go and the enablers (Barkley/Bolasie/Lanzini/Mahrez/Willian and so on) need to be found in midfield.

Shareef Babu
Treebeard

Post by Shareef Babu »

Kane ==> Aguero
Pelle ==> Lukaku

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

PokerGod1900 wrote:I am planning on holding Vardy for United at home and Swansea away. He definitely has the potential to score big points at Swansea.

Then it's Vardy to Kane for GW16 ready for Newcastle at home.
I might do something similar. Planning on Pelle :arrow: Aguero this week which would give me Aguero, Lukaku and Vardy up front.

I don't think I've ever taken out a player in similar form to Vardy, although Kane's form is better maybe. Kane was in my first team and if he can get close to last season's form then he's still a bargain at 9.5.

I currently have KDB, Sanchez and Kolarov on my 'thin ice' list (do we have a proper phrase for that?) so my current thinking is seeing how they do over the next GW or so then downgrade one to do Vardy to Kane. Feels quite conservative but hey, that seems to be how I play.

Incrediblewoody
Wideboy

Post by Incrediblewoody »

I would go with Kane if money is no option.

I just can't see how Leicester's form can continue with there fixtures.

Either that or we need to start treating them as top 4 material.

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

I'm afraid to be 'priced out' of Kane by GW16. I can do the following right now, just.

Schmeichel :arrow: Hennessey
Vardy :arrow: Kane (-4)

0.0 itb. There's not much between Kane's (CHE, wba) and Vardy's (MUN, swa) and if I waited, I might need to take a hit by downgrading somewhere else anyway. Long term, it should be worth it for Spurs' fixtures from 16 to 25.

Hennessey, McCarthy
Kolarov, Bellerín, Moreno, Evans, Targett
Sánchez, KdB, Barkley, Mahrez, Surman
Agüero, Kane, Lukaku

But it still feels a bit wrong to take out the leading forward in the game and the league's top scorer right before the fixture he scored 21 points in last season. :o

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I made up my mind. KDB :arrow: Eriksen & Vardy :arrow: Aguero, will be done after the CL games.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”