To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Is Aguero's price locked?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Is Aguero's price locked?

Post by PitchBookMaker »

Seeing as the red flag just came off today, curious if his price is locked for a while?

FFFix have him at 0% whilst FPLStats already at 49%... Which is correct?

Thanks.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: RE: Is Aguero's price locked?

Post by liquidfootball2 »

PitchBookMaker wrote:Seeing as the red flag just came off today, curious if his price is locked for a while?

Thanks.
It wasn't a 0% red flag but actually a 25% chance of playing flag. There will be no protection.

PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Post by PitchBookMaker »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
PitchBookMaker wrote:Seeing as the red flag just came off today, curious if his price is locked for a while?

Thanks.
It wasn't a 0% red flag but actually a 25% chance of playing flag. There will be no protection.
A bit dodgy, seeing as he's been out for over a month with no chance of playing during that time...

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: Is Aguero's price locked?

Yes but that was why it was so ridiculous to put him on a 25% flag a week or so ago as it steadily became more and more apparent that his chances of featuring this weekend were far better than that. If we all seemed to know that how didn't they?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

liquidfootball2 wrote: It wasn't a 0% red flag but actually a 25% chance of playing flag. There will be no protection.
I believe that transfers will be reset to 0 when the yellow flag comes off though. So FPLS' 49% will be irrelevant if he features tomorrow.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

I may be wrong but i think Aguero was reset earlier today when the flag was removed and the 57% is since then. I think the totals are reset when the flag is removed not when he next plays, although the two can often coincide.

PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Post by PitchBookMaker »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote: It wasn't a 0% red flag but actually a 25% chance of playing flag. There will be no protection.
I believe that transfers will be reset to 0 when the yellow flag comes off though. So FPLS' 49% will be irrelevant if he features tomorrow.
I don't remember if he was most recently on a yellow, orange, or red flag actually. Do you know for sure.

Also Ruth, since you seem to understand this well, could you please summarize all the flag rules? Would appreciate it; thanks in advance.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: RE: Is Aguero's price locked?

PitchBookMaker wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
I don't remember if he was most recently on a yellow, orange, or red flag actually. Do you know for sure.

Also Ruth, since you seem to understand this well, could you please summarize all the flag rules? Would appreciate it; thanks in advance.
25% orange flag definitely and I think it was reset when it was removed earlier today. Whether he plays or not now makes no difference as he is available as shown by no flag.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

PitchBookMaker wrote:Also Ruth, since you seem to understand this well, could you please summarize all the flag rules? Would appreciate it; thanks in advance.
I'm not sure I do actually. What I know is when a player comes straight off a red to no flag they should get 8 days' price protection. But there have been discrepancies even with that as far as I recall.

When a player comes off yellow to no flag all transfers in or out accrued should be reset to zero. I don't know when Aguero's flag was removed but the rate of transfers in showing on FFF wouldn't allow him to get to +50% in just a few hours.

Trouble is that some of these things seem to be done manually at FPL Towers and they don't seem consistent. Pedro is a prime recent example, his price protection seemed to last for weeks on end and he didn't rise despite considerable transfers in. He then got a small injury, a yellow flag, transfers were reset and after that it was all transfers out. All Pedro owners got (and I wasn't one of them) were price drops. A bit unfair on them really.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

I'm not certain it was reset on FPL stats although his percentage was negligable before the flag was removed so it will make little material difference anyway, 76.3% now so it looks as if he's going up at a prodigious rate and is likely to be well over 100% by 11.45 am never mind tonight.

Pedro was completely inexplicable and as that happened there must always be a doubt as to whether what actually happens and what is expected to happen are the same.
Last edited by liquidfootball2 on 21 Nov 2015, 07:50, edited 1 time in total.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

I still can't believe so many people are chucking him straight in. Each to their own but I would think it would be wiser to watch the Liverpool game and the midweek champs game before committing. Just my opinion. I guess a lot of people have kept the funds aside for this very moment #Preyingheblanks

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”