To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Liverpool Midfielders

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Notned
FISO Knight

Liverpool Midfielders

Post by Notned »

Obviously depending on anything else arising this week, I'm looking at possibly getting in a Liverpool midfielder next week as part of the Aguero plan.. How do we assess them now?

Coutinho is obviously the standout option, but as I'll most likely be downgrading Mane I can't stretch that far. Any of the others worth a shout? Lallana? Milner? Henderson would be my first choice, but he isn't due to return to full training until next week, and after so long out is probably unlikely to go straight back into the team? Anyone with any useful snippets on that front?

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Liverpool Midfielders

Post by cesc408 »

I wouldn't go near anybody like Lallana or Firmino purely based on minutes and guaranteed selection. Coutinho is the obvious goal threat but if budget is a problem, Milner I can see being a 2 pointer most weeks. May be best to wait on Hendo until he is back on the pitch.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

cesc408 wrote:I wouldn't go near anybody like Lallana or Firmino purely based on minutes and guaranteed selection. Coutinho is the obvious goal threat but if budget is a problem, Milner I can see being a 2 pointer most weeks. May be best to wait on Hendo until he is back on the pitch.
Pretty much my thoughts too. Coutinho aside, Henderson is clearly the best option to my mind when playing (largely due to his set piece involvement), but obvious concerns over his fitness. My issue is that I would have to move next week if I wanted Aguero in as planned. With 4 decent defensive fixtures, I guess it wouldn't be disastrous taking the risk though, with the possibility of going 4-3-3 for a week if he didn't make it.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

It's hard to make assumptions on Henderson and Firmino's potential, but what we do know is that Coutinho is on great form, looking more of a goal threat than before, and looks confortable and confident in the free roaming role Klopp has chosen for him. He's the most rational pick from Liverpool right now.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Le Red wrote:It's hard to make assumptions on Henderson and Firmino's potential, but what we do know is that Coutinho is on great form, looking more of a goal threat than before, and looks confortable and confident in the free roaming role Klopp has chosen for him. He's the most rational pick from Liverpool right now.
Agreed. But also the most expensive.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

I'll probably be getting in Benteke instead of one of their midfielders in the coming weeks.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

math! wrote:I'll probably be getting in Benteke instead of one of their midfielders in the coming weeks.
The only problem with Benteke is that his competition are Kane and Lukaku...

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

but they are also part of my plans. A front three of those three instead of Aguero.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

math! wrote:but they are also part of my plans. A front three of those three instead of Aguero.
I had the same front 3 lined up, (Benteke for Vardy this GW) however I don't think I can ignore Aguero.. !

Gagagogo
Treebeard

Post by Gagagogo »

Coutinho. Hes the key to unluck defence and nowadays available to score some goals aswell.

Altough Milner has more FPL potential than we have seen so far.

Gagagogo
Treebeard

Post by Gagagogo »

Firmino might be a good option aswell ^^

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Gagagogo wrote:Firmino might be a good option aswell ^^
Yeah, both look great today. My only slight doubt with Firmino is that Coutinho is probably slightly more nailed? They both should be, but difficult to see where they both fit in when Benteke and/or Sturridge are fully fit?

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Klopp says the Coutinho injury is more likely to be cramp rather than a hamstring problem.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

swadd1er wrote:Klopp says the Coutinho injury is more likely to be cramp rather than a hamstring problem.
Well that clears things up ffs, dunno what to do.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

MartyBhoy7 wrote:
swadd1er wrote:Klopp says the Coutinho injury is more likely to be cramp rather than a hamstring problem.
I've risked it. Drunken me persuaded me.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Notned wrote:
MartyBhoy7 wrote:
I've risked it. Drunken me persuaded me.
I've went Deolefeu for -4, all the best my friend, only a game.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Copied from a transfer hub post - but the poster is pretty well informed normally - I don't have details of his source yet. - maybe Ffs haven't checked

Philippe Coutinho has been diagnosed with a minor hamstring strain following a scan on the injury he suffered in Liverpool's stunning 4-1 demolition of Manchester City.

The Brazil international limped off midway through the second half of Saturday's triumph at the Etihad.

Reds medical staff opted to give it 48 hours to settle down in the hope that it was just cramp but the decision was taken to send Coutinho to Newton-le-Willows for him to be scanned on Monday evening.

The results show that the damage is only minor. The 23-year-old is highly unlikely to feature in Thursday night's Europa League clash with Bordeaux at Anfield, but Liverpool believe he has an outside chance of being fit for the visit of Swansea City in the Premier League on Sunday.

Boss Jurgen Klopp will be desperately hoping that Coutinho makes a swift recovery. The former Inter Milan attacker has been in outstanding form in recent weeks and boasts four goals in the past three league matches.

He was the Reds' standout performer against Man City as he scored the second and created the third for fellow countryman Roberto Firmino.

Nihkasilma
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: I'm rubbish at most, some would say I am driven by heart over head..

Post by Nihkasilma »

I have taken a -4 hit and transferred in Firminio & Deolefeu - I now have Barkley, Deo & Lukaku. I watched both the Everton Match & Liverpool one. Firminio is going to be a PL star & Deolefeu was stunning. I cannot believe he received no BP it won't be long until his big haul!

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Copied from a transfer hub post - but the poster is pretty well informed normally - I don't have details of his source yet. - maybe Ffs haven't checked

Philippe Coutinho has been diagnosed with a minor hamstring strain following a scan on the injury he suffered in Liverpool's stunning 4-1 demolition of Manchester City.

The Brazil international limped off midway through the second half of Saturday's triumph at the Etihad.

Reds medical staff opted to give it 48 hours to settle down in the hope that it was just cramp but the decision was taken to send Coutinho to Newton-le-Willows for him to be scanned on Monday evening.

The results show that the damage is only minor. The 23-year-old is highly unlikely to feature in Thursday night's Europa League clash with Bordeaux at Anfield, but Liverpool believe he has an outside chance of being fit for the visit of Swansea City in the Premier League on Sunday.

Boss Jurgen Klopp will be desperately hoping that Coutinho makes a swift recovery. The former Inter Milan attacker has been in outstanding form in recent weeks and boasts four goals in the past three league matches.

He was the Reds' standout performer against Man City as he scored the second and created the third for fellow countryman Roberto Firmino.
Good news if true. Was worried it may be more serious and I'd have to take another hit to swap him out due to how early I moved. If it's likely to be one game at most I can just field 4-3-3 for a week. Not disastrous given decent fixtures for four of my defence.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

The fairly long and unpleasant sub-conversation about Rodgers and the Liverpool squad has been moved to it's own thread in the Football Talk area. None of that guff in this FPL subforum thank you very much.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Stemania wrote: None of that guff in this subforum thank you very much.
+1 to that, Stem.
sleuth wrote:do u want anymore evidence of my hatred from day 1 of this twit Rodgers, toon??
I don't think anyone comes on FISO looking for evidence of people's hatred of others. Plenty of other websites on the internet more suited to that kind of nonsense.

There's enough hatred in the world already. We don't need any more of it.

arv
Treebeard

Post by arv »

@DamianLFCpl has predicted the following lineup for tomorrow: Mignolet – Clyne, Škrtel, Lovren, Moreno – Can, Milner, Allen – Ibe, Lallana – Benteke.

He has previously got lineups right (see viewtopic.php?f=18&t=118980&hilit=%E2%8 ... l&start=30)

So no Coutinho and Firmino, if he's right again.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

So Coutinho vs Firmino seems to be a question again, are they both nailed?

Sugnid
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Sugnid »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:So Coutinho vs Firmino seems to be a question again, are they both nailed?
Rather than vs, might people be interested in going for both?

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Very true, especially with so many looking for 3 Liverpool players. Worth considering the merits of both.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

they are both certainly in Liverpools best team and I think Coutinho is their best player by some distance.

the decision for me is how Klopp manages his squad over what is a packed April and the fact I think they have an excellent chance of winning the Europa League, as opposed to no chance of the PL and only a small chance of top 4. I also worry about Coutinho's fitness and he seems the most likely to be protected.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Very true, especially with so many looking for 3 Liverpool players. Worth considering the merits of both.

Indeed. In fact I would certainly have both of them if budget were no issue. Unfortunately it is and I expect to go with Firmino (who I already have) and Milner. But I have to say that Liverpool's progress in EL concerns me too. If they reach the SFs they'll surely start to prioritise that competition (with a CL spot available) over the PL. Bilbao, Dortmund, Villareal, Prague, Shakhtar, Seville, Braga... Is there really an opponent there to frighten Liverpool? Dortmund will be favourites I'd imagine but with Klopp's knowledge of them are they a team Liverpool couldn't hope to beat? I don't think so.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”