To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Will you be picking any Chelsea players for the Norwich game

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Will you be picking any Chelsea players for the Norwich game

Post by owenclass »

I know you would never pick a Chelsea player the way they are playing at the moment but at home to Norwich i do fancy them to win Well they should win

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Re: Will you be picking any Chelsea players for the Norwich game

Post by Ruth_NZ »

owenclass wrote:I know you would never pick a Chelsea player the way they are playing at the moment but at home to Norwich i do fancy them to win Well they should win
Chelsea have been playing fairly well for some weeks now so I disagree on that. I have Azpilicueta already so I obviously disagree on that too. And if you want to give me an extra FT I'll be happy to switch out Sanchez for Hazard. :mrgreen:

dabezzz
Treebeard

Post by dabezzz »

Costa is in my team so he'll play this weekend (granted he does not get dropped for Remy). Next week, he'll be shipped out regardless, for Kun Aguero.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
owenclass wrote:I know you would never pick a Chelsea player the way they are playing at the moment but at home to Norwich i do fancy them to win Well they should win
Chelsea have been playing fairly well for some weeks now so I disagree on that. I have Azpilicueta already so I obviously disagree on that too. And if you want to give me an extra FT I'll be happy to switch out Sanchez for Hazard. :mrgreen:
+1

I have Azpi, and were Sanchez ruled out I would have bought Hazard and most likely captained him. Just the former for now, though.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

I fancy NOR in this one. Best to pick the stronger team that's higher on the ladder. :lol: :P :lol:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

NoEyeDeer wrote:Best to pick the stronger team that's higher on the ladder. :lol: :P :lol:
Hmmm... I just checked again. Chelsea are the 4th highest ranked team in Europe on the UEFA coefficient with 125.7 points, behind RM, Bayern and Barca. Arsenal are the next highest ranked English team with 94.7 points in 10th place. Would that be the ladder you are referring to?

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote:Best to pick the stronger team that's higher on the ladder. :lol: :P :lol:
Hmmm... I just checked again. Chelsea are the 4th highest ranked team in Europe on the UEFA coefficient with 125.7 points, behind RM, Bayern and Barca. Arsenal are the next highest ranked English team with 94.7 points in 10th place. Would that be the ladder you are referring to?
I'm presuming he means the PL table, which orders the teams by points gained from football matches - no coefficient knackers :lol:

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

I think Ruth has a point re the UEFA coefficient, but then Norwich won the League Cup (twice) some decades ago, so I'd say it's about even.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Nope. :D
The Toon Man wrote:
I'm presuming he means the PL table, which orders the teams by points gained from football matches - no coefficient knackers :lol:
That's correct. The ladder that actually means something and most people know about. :D :P :lol:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

The Toon Man wrote:I'm presuming he means the PL table, which orders the teams by points gained from football matches - no coefficient knackers :lol:
The UEFA coefficient is gained by success in football matches against the top European opposition.
NoEyeDeer wrote:That's correct. The ladder that actually means something and most people know about. :D :P :lol:
It is the very poor performance of English teams apart from Chelsea (and to a lesser degree Arsenal) as measured by the UEFA coefficient that threatens the 4th Champions League place currently awarded to the PL. England have already slipped below Germany and are now in 3rd place on the country coefficient. Italy are very close behind in 4th place. If Italy overtake England (which could happen this season) then England will be down to 3 CL spots while Italy will get 4.

It means something alright. :|

patrickdrd
Treebeard

Post by patrickdrd »

nah, they're bullshit already, if they don't get serious I won't be considering them even if they play against bredford at home :D

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

I haven't seen Chelsea play one single good match this season and I watched a good share of them. Their campaign in the UCL so far is mediocre as well so I don't know where that coefficient comes from but if the FIFA national teams ranking is anything to go by the last thing I'd look at to determine a team's quality is this coefficient. I don't think Chelsea will drop points in this match but I also don't expect to see a football masterclass.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”