To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Who will you be replacing Payet with

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
bentapp
FISOhead

Re: Who will you be replacing Payet with

Post by bentapp »

gallus wrote:Coutinho done. He is averaging 2.5 shots in the box per game, Ozil is averaging 0.8 shots in the box per game. I really don't understand why everyone is picking Ozil.
...because he's averaging about 6.5 points a game, leading assister by miles and is getting shedloads of bonus points maybe? :) Also, Coutinho can have good games but is very inconsistent. If Ozil's form drops after a while I can get rid, probably for a nice profit, but currently he's very hard to ignore and Arsenal have some nice upcoming fixtures too. This is coming from a Spurs fan too!

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Beware Cabayé's on four yellows - maybe better to wait until he's served the one match ban
Thanks, hadn't realised that. Makes the decision harder as the next two fixtures for them are great.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

bentapp wrote:
gallus wrote:Coutinho done. He is averaging 2.5 shots in the box per game, Ozil is averaging 0.8 shots in the box per game. I really don't understand why everyone is picking Ozil.
...because he's averaging about 6.5 points a game, leading assister by miles and is getting shedloads of bonus points maybe? :) Also, Coutinho can have good games but is very inconsistent. If Ozil's form drops after a while I can get rid, probably for a nice profit, but currently he's very hard to ignore and Arsenal have some nice upcoming fixtures too. This is coming from a Spurs fan too!
So you think he can keep it up? Because stats suggest that he can't.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

The Toon Man wrote:Image

Rather go for Puncheon personally. Underperforming FPL points wise compared to previous seasons, but stats still suggesting points will happen. An ease in fixtures and playing with a striker as Ruth states will help.

What site is that?:)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

snakzz wrote:What site is that?:)
http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

everyone who picked Deulofeu made a horrible mistake

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: RE: Re: Who will you be replacing Payet with

Post by liquidfootball2 »

gallus wrote:everyone who picked Deulofeu made a horrible mistake

[img]http://s18.postimg.org/wgi284lop/lolevrton.jpg[/img]
Must admit gallus the stats don't lie, I flirted with him but there are definitely better options and in the end i chose a different strategy anyway.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Should we be guessing what each of those stats are gallus? :wink:

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

gallus wrote:
bentapp wrote:
So you think he can keep it up? Because stats suggest that he can't.
What stats? Presumably not a "shots per game" stat when considering a player who primarily gets assists?

Key passes Ozil oustcores Coutinho 44 v 12

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Stemania wrote:Should we be guessing what each of those stats are gallus? :wink:
Sorry :D first is shots in the box, 2nd att. rating, 3rd chances created, 4th shot acuracy.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

I brought in Ozil.

Some time ago I advised against Ozil, as it wasn't unlike him to have a couple solid weeks and then fade into oblivion.

Well I think he's proven me wrong now, and finally is showing that RM form and consistency.

I have no problem admitting I was wrong, and won't allow my stubbornness to stop me from jumping on a form player because he 'can't possibly keep this form up.' :)

I've edited my original post as it was apparently reported. :shock:

Are we really that sensitive here people? :lol:
Last edited by NoEyeDeer on 11 Nov 2015, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Ozil for me too, looks easily the best pick with those four fixtures next up. He's also impressing me every time I see him just looks an assists machine.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Ozil for me too, looks easily the best pick with those four fixtures next up. He's also impressing me every time I see him just looks an assists machine.
Would you consider Ozil as a serious captain consideration over Sanchez in those next 4 liquid?

I respect your input here so am interested in your opinion. :D

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Yes especially as there seems to be some speculation as to when Sanchez takes a rest. In his current form he's certainly a contender even if Lukaku and Vardy seem more likely this week.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Yes especially as there seems to be some speculation as to when Sanchez takes a rest. In his current form he's certainly a contender even if Lukaku and Vardy seem more likely this week.
Yeah I'm thinking the same. Vardy and Lukaku are hard to ignore this gw, but WBA have also hardly been in inspiring defensive form lately.

I can see 2 or 3 away goals for ARS and think Ozil will be involved.

Only makes the captaincy all the more harder this gw I suppose.

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

owenclass wrote:Im trying to decide which player to transfer in for Payet I think Mane could be a good option or maybe Barkley
Already did Mané yesterday. Was between him and Tadic really but got a feeling Mané's due to take up the baton for Southampton. He's looked good without really igniting just yet and he's got too much in his locker for that to last.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

gallus wrote:everyone who picked Deulofeu made a horrible mistake

Lies, damn lies, and ...

I am guessing those are stats per game? I expect you get a different picture if you exclude matches where the player had less than 30 minutes game time. Heck, Deulo has 3 games in there when he was on the pitch for less than 10 minutes.

If (and, granted, it's a big if) you think he will get decent minutes going forwards, then you need to consider his early season stats accordingly.

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

NoEyeDeer wrote:I brought in Ozil.

Some time ago I advised against Ozil, as it wasn't unlike him to have a couple solid weeks and then fade into oblivion.

Well I think he's proven me wrong now, and finally is showing that RM form and consistency.

I have no problem admitting I was wrong, and won't allow my stubbornness to stop me from jumping on a form player because he 'can't possibly keep this form up.' :)

Did you do so for Sanchez?

Marioloso
Cheetah

Post by Marioloso »

Guys sorry to go off topic but I'm in a draft type league with my friends and loosing payet made me think of getting a striker since top midfielders are pretty much gone. Ayoze vs Leicester or deeney vs Man U?
Thanks in advance

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Vincent Black Shadow wrote:

No mate, I brought Ozil in for Payet. Is that what you meant?

This will give me the hopefully soon to be fit Bellerin, Sanchez and Ozil for the next 4 fixtures in particular which look very promising for Arsenal's attacking assets.

Hope that clarifies.

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
Vincent Black Shadow wrote:

No mate, I brought Ozil in for Payet. Is that what you meant?

This will give me the hopefully soon to be fit Bellerin, Sanchez and Ozil for the next 4 fixtures in particular which look very promising for Arsenal's attacking assets.

Hope that clarifies.
Ah yeah great thanks. I sort of meant did you also get rid of Sanchez. (Basically asking if you were going with two Arsenal mids)

I'm considering something similar, though mata is tugging at me..

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

I like Mata but it seems he can still be at risk of a half time sub if LVG decides to tinker. He should be fairly nailed on, but with that kind of risk still hovering over his head I think he becomes a little pricey.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Well that's one game down for Bolasie. Played the full 90 against Burundi, and presumably came through unscathed. Scored, too.

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

I actually think I might take Deufleou ... I need a differential and a mid under 8.0

I don't know about crystal palace options

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

deulofeu just scored 2 goals for spain u21

edit: hat-trick

he has a very high ceiling

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

image (1).jpg
Actually i went for Ozil :D :D

(This link doesn't show in tapatalk but it's just the details of the Spain U21 match and Gerry D's hat-trick)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

maybe I was too quick to judge him :D Still, it's against Georgia U21. Every PL player should look great against Georgia U21. :wink:

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Who will you be replacing Payet with

gallus wrote:maybe I was too quick to judge him :D Still, it's against Georgia U21. Every PL player should look great against Georgia U21. :wink:
They'd possibly give Villa a game though, not that i have Gerry but i think the prospect of Everton turning Villa over have improved especially with Amavi's serious injury. Then there's Bournemouth straight after that.

I've gone more for proven quality and more security in Özil but can see why Gerry could be an ideal Kun enabler.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

I went with Ozil too, he looks a solid long term bet as a third midfielder.

Ozil up again tonight, Payet halfway towards a second drop. I'd say that will be a 0.4m swing at least, 0.5m for those who made the move before Ozil's first rise.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

FPL getting so that you have to move fast or miss out, those that wildcarded early and bought Mahrez for example way ahead, I already had Ozil so did Payet to Tadic, Im not thinking Aguero atm - just trying to improve from the millionaires lounge, in fact I have a good team and but for Butland whos been gold for those that have him I could have made some ground, just been missing the bus time after time this year.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”