To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Bellerin

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Shiv7
Kevin and Perry

Bellerin

Post by Shiv7 »

Wenger said he's gonna miss the game against Spurs, keep him or swap for Monreal?

flippetyflop
Kevin and Perry

Re: Bellerin

Post by flippetyflop »

Depends who your 4th def is imo

Hazardous
Kevin and Perry

Post by Hazardous »

Keep him for sure. Waste of a transfer if he is going to be back next week. You should have at least 4 playable defenders. If not, I suppose you could transfer out or play all out attack chip.

ste667
Kevin and Perry

Post by ste667 »

A really welcome 6th flagged player in my team (including both goalkeepers) :roll:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

It's got to be a hold for now, would just be annoying if you signed him early this week.

Do we have any idea how serious his injury is?

umistboy
Treebeard

Post by umistboy »

This now means I won't be keeping my FT for the international break.

Finally gonna do Targett :arrow: Moreno a little earlier than planned.

Bellerin defo one to keep. Just hope people don't knee jerk and cause a drop in value.

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

Mav3rick wrote:It's got to be a hold for now, would just be annoying if you signed him early this week.

Do we have any idea how serious his injury is?
Hold for sure. Wenger said “I don’t think Bellerin will be available for Sunday but there is a small chance.”

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Well he was going to be on my bench so no need to use a transfer for me. Expect him back after the international break.

Adelante
Treebeard

Post by Adelante »

Scuppered my plans to hold onto my FT till after the international break.

Was going to be playing my AoA chip anyway as Darmian/Martin both suspended.

With Bellerin out I either go with a man down or bring someone in to replace Martin (possibly Cedric).

Now need to think again about my Aguero strategy. Might need to take a -4 hit for that! :(

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

This forces me to play Evans against Man U - maybe not such a bad thing!

19Yorke
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15/16: 11k
16/17: 7k
17/18: 2766

Post by 19Yorke »

With Bellerin out, does this make Kane an even more tempting option for the weekend?

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Is he 100% ruled out? May as well start him if Wenger has said theres a 'small chance' he could play. Huth first sub if not.

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

The Toon Man wrote:Is he 100% ruled out? May as well start him if Wenger has said theres a 'small chance' he could play. Huth first sub if not.
Daft question but this is normally an ok tactic for us FPL managers isn't it? I'm also tempted to play him since I have an ok 4th defender. Can't see why Wenger would bring him on for a cameo but I guess sometimes we get burned by an injury and a defender coming on for 1 or 2 points.

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

19Yorke wrote:With Bellerin out, does this make Kane an even more tempting option for the weekend?
Why so? Bellerin is very good going forward and has great recovery pace, I wouldn't say there's too much difference between him and Debucy though defensively, except for perhaps rustiness, and I'd give the edge to Mattheiu at the back

This is of course, assuming Chambers doesn't start.

So I'd say Bellerin out makes us a slightly less potent attacking threat (Debucy is good at going forward himself), but more solid defensively

19Yorke
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15/16: 11k
16/17: 7k
17/18: 2766

Post by 19Yorke »

You may be right. I just saw the result from yesterday's match without Bellerin and started pondering. Although I guess the attacking force of Spurs is not necessarily comparable with that of BM...

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

i think being without Koscielny yesterday made a larger difference than Bellerin. From what i read Koscielny was on the bench, and pretty much just rested because of a minor hip problem.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Thats two playing defenders for me then, not worth the hit IMO.

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

Anyone had any news on his injury? His price has dropped recently, and I now have

Rojo
Moreno
Bertrand

In my team with Bellerin benched

I don't intend to play 4 at the back, though considering holding onto Moreno long term as I picked him up for 4.7, only 2m more than an acceptably priced bench option.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

No news but I'm guessing he will be back come the WBA game. Don't think it was too serious.

PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Post by PitchBookMaker »

Multiple reports surfacing over the last couple of days that Bellerin should be back after the international break, plus he wasn't called up by Spain so should get plenty of rest:

http://www.squawka.com/news/reports-wen ... eak/514450

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

The boss on Coquelin: "I'm always cautious. It will be at least two months but I don't want to speculate more than that." - https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/668772112660865024

bad news for Arsenals chances for clean sheets, wenger indicated in the press conference that he might give Chambers a chance in the position, beside that there's Flamini and Arteta that can come out of the retirement home. Anyway 1 of them really have to step up, to get clean sheets at the same rate. If it doesn´t work out i could see Wenger revert back to no real DM and play Ramsey alongside arteta/cazorla.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Yep, Coquelin's absence could be a big dent to the points potential of the Arsenal defenders. Big miss, especially with the likes of Chambers/Flamini/Arteta as potential replacements. Chambers at 4.7m could represent decent value if he could nail down the spot and prove to be better than he has been though, I guess.

If they go without the DM as outlined above, that would bring Ramsey potentially back onto my radar. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it that box to box role in which he's excelled in the past?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

If Ramsey back in the centre does happen then it's the Ox that could potentially become the pick to have as he'd presumably start RW. I'm sure we'll see rotation with Arteta/Flam though.

I'd have thought Ozil's potential could be slightly damaged by Ramsey moving to the middle too actually.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Planned on getting rid of Bellerin next week to fund my next planned transfer. His attacking returns are good but I can't see us being as strong defensively without coq.p
Next 3 games...
Norwich A
Sunderland H
Villa A

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Stemania wrote:If Ramsey back in the centre does happen then it's the Ox that could potentially become the pick to have as he'd presumably start RW. I'm sure we'll see rotation with Arteta/Flam though.

I'd have thought Ozil's potential could be slightly damaged by Ramsey moving to the middle too actually.
The Ox could be a shrewd pick in that case, but wouldn't it be equally as likely (possibly more so) that Walcott would get the RW spot, allowing Giroud to continue to lead the line?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Notned wrote: The Ox could be a shrewd pick in that case, but wouldn't it be equally as likely (possibly more so) that Walcott would get the RW spot, allowing Giroud to continue to lead the line?
Based on the Chariy Shield and the games the Ox has played this season I think you'd have to guess no. When was the last time Giroud & Walcott both started together in a PL game? I honestly can't think of such a game - before Walcott's injury last season perhaps?

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

yes, i think we will just have to wait and see how this affects everyones role in the team. Before his partnership with Coquellin, cazorla was mainly played on the wing when Özil was fit.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Do we think Bellerin might be very expendable all of a sudden?

The injuries have made Arsenal a little weaker defensively imo, and their next ten or so fixtures actually look quite mixed to me from a defensive perspective.

Plus, I may have imagined it but it seemed to me that without Ramsey in front tucking in there appears less space for Bellerin to get forward into. I haven't checked the stats from the last few games, but Campbell seemed to be staying wider than Ramsey would when I watched, restricting the space.

Are there better cheaper options for a while in, say, Zouma, a Spurs defender or someone else?

Darkplace
Treebeard

Post by Darkplace »

Stemania wrote:Do we think Bellerin might be very expendable all of a sudden?

The injuries have made Arsenal a little weaker defensively imo, and their next ten or so fixtures actually look quite mixed to me from a defensive perspective.

Plus, I may have imagined it but it seemed to me that without Ramsey in front tucking in there appears less space for Bellerin to get forward into. I haven't checked the stats from the last few games, but Campbell seemed to be staying wider than Ramsey would when I watched, restricting the space.

Are there better cheaper options for a while in, say, Zouma, a Spurs defender or someone else?
To be honest, I wish I had Bellerin in my team, so no, I think there are no better options to me, I read a stat today, Bellerin has created 7 unconverted clear cut chances, less than only Ozil and Mahrez.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Stemania wrote:
I think the fact that Campbell is left footed and constantly looking to work the ball onto his left and cut inside does nothing to dampen Bellerin's opportunity to overlap.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”