To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Jamie Vardy

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Jamie Vardy

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

He's been a revalation this season, and keeps scoring even when many people who have picked him think it wont happen again.

When do we think, his time will come to an end? (not death, obviously) will we be dropping him when Leicester have a significantly difficult run of fixtures?

Do we think he is fixture proof as a cheap alternative similar to Bony and Austin in the past?

Or is he now close enough in price to the mid-rangers such as Benteke, Pelle etc that we are comfortable about upgrading?

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Jamie Vardy

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Stays until his form dips, fixtures are irrelevant to him ATM IMHO

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Pffft, overrated. :P

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Dropping him GW16 for Kane

TheChairLeg
Red & Blue Braces

Post by TheChairLeg »

He's form will drop with Leicester's. It will be quite apparant when we need to drop him.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

It may be just a non-owner's point of view, but I think everyone is aware of his threat and he'll fatally recieve more attention from defenses. Against Crystal Palace he was pretty much neutralized and only scored because of a massive Hangeland eff up and a brilliant Mahrez assist. Still took his chance brilliantly as well, though, confirming his confidence.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I don't care so much about his returns. As long as his underlying numbers don't drop too dramatically (shots on target, shots in box etc.), he'll still represent excellent value over time, especially if you bought low.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

He's probably done his job for most of us anyway by going up a price point. One of Mahrez or Vardy is probably going to be a good value pick in an Aguero team so they are kind of fighting against eachother.

If Mahrez starts most games, with pens and set pieces, he'd seem the safer (and he's cheaper too). The flips side is that there are a few sensible alternatives to Vardy, but not really on Mahrez so injuries are more easily dealt with if you take Vardy.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Vincent Black Shadow wrote:He's been a revalation this season, and keeps scoring even when many people who have picked him think it wont happen again.

When do we think, his time will come to an end? (not death, obviously) will we be dropping him when Leicester have a significantly difficult run of fixtures?

Do we think he is fixture proof as a cheap alternative similar to Bony and Austin in the past?

Or is he now close enough in price to the mid-rangers such as Benteke, Pelle etc that we are comfortable about upgrading?
I don’t have Vardy and I don’t have any wish to bring him in whatsoever. Leicester’s fixtures are awful. The next 3 are OK on paper though WBA and Watford are good defensive teams. After that the fixtures are about as bad as you could get between now and Xmas.

I wouldn’t see removing Vardy as an immediate priority if he was in my team but if it was for Bony, Kane, Lukaku or the likes with a FT then I wouldn't hesitate. I have Mahrez who can stay 3 weeks more. Then he’ll be gone and that's the latest I'd hold Vardy as well.

If Vardy is this season’s Kane then I’ll be proved wrong. But I don’t think he is, and more to the point I don’t see Leicester as more than a mid-table team who happened to have a good start to the season.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

I'm thinking along the same lines as Ruth and want to drop Vardy for Bony, but just finding it so hard at the moment.

Every time I go to hit the transfer button, some invisible force holds me back. This process has been on repeat for the past 3 days now. :?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

NoEyeDeer wrote:I'm thinking along the same lines as Ruth and want to drop Vardy for Bony, but just finding it so hard at the moment.

Every time I go to hit the transfer button, some invisible force holds me back. This process has been on repeat for the past 3 days now. :?
Leicester next 6: wba WAT new MUN swa CHE; FFix projects 9 goals for Leicester in those 6 games (1.5 per game)
City next 6: NOR avl LIV SOT sto SWA; FFFix projects 15 goals for City in those 6 games (2.5 per game)

Even if Vardy scores a bigger percentage of Leicester's goals than Bony does of City's you'd expect to come out ahead with Bony, wouldn't you? In addition, Leicester's next 3 fixtures after that are eve liv MCI. So it's only a matter of time isn't it?

Just trying to help. :) But seeing I don't have him I don't have the decision to make and I know how difficult it is to drop an in-form striker.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Thanks Ruth that's some great info to consider.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I think Leicester are a bit one dimensional and managers will start to set up better against them, particularly the defensive sides, might end up with Ranieri tinkering. :lol:

I own neither of Mahrez or Vardy, but am much more worried by Vardy; if I were a Vardy owner there would be very little chance I'd be spending a transfer to take him out right now even with some more difficult fixtures.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Well to be honest, from the fixtures Ruth showed above, I think MU is the only real tough one there, with WB potentially being another. In saying that, LEI will always take confidence against MU after that epic 5-3 win I think it was from memory.

I no longer consider CHE a tough fixture for anyone.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

It would come as a pretty big surprise to most of us if Bony played for another 6 PL games I think. There's still a realistic chance he'll only get another 2 on the lowest end of the original injury estimate. :shock:

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

I doubt Aguero will be rushed back until he's 110% ready given his record.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

NoEyeDeer wrote:I doubt Aguero will be rushed back until he's 110% ready given his record.
I'm sure he won't, but he has an extra 2 weeks of International Break to recover and doesn't have to travel (not in squad). I would imagine everyone is hoping/aiming for the Liverpool game in GW13.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Stemania wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote:I doubt Aguero will be rushed back until he's 110% ready given his record.
I'm sure he won't, but he has an extra 2 weeks of International Break to recover and doesn't have to travel (not in squad). I would imagine everyone is hoping/aiming for the Liverpool game in GW13.
I don't think there's even an outside chance of him starting that game but there you go.

It doesn't matter in some ways because I'll bring him back when he's fit and firing (which doesn't mean as soon as he hits the pitch). But it matters in terms of planning. You can plan for a GW13 return and that limits what you do with the Aguero funds. It also makes Bony less attractive. Or you can plan on a later return (personally I think GW16 will be the earliest) and give yourself more flexibility in the meantime with Bony as an option for 5-6 games.

I'm happy to back my appraisal. Others will have to back theirs.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote:I'm thinking along the same lines as Ruth and want to drop Vardy for Bony, but just finding it so hard at the moment.

Leicester next 6: wba WAT new MUN swa CHE; FFix projects 9 goals for Leicester in those 6 games (1.5 per game)
City next 6: NOR avl LIV SOT sto SWA; FFFix projects 15 goals for City in those 6 games (2.5 per game)

Even if Vardy scores a bigger percentage of Leicester's goals than Bony does of City's you'd expect to come out ahead with Bony, wouldn't you? In addition, Leicester's next 3 fixtures after that are eve liv MCI. So it's only a matter of time isn't it?

Just trying to help. :) But seeing I don't have him I don't have the decision to make and I know how difficult it is to drop an in-form striker.
Well, if you use numbers from the season thus far and those estimates you end up with 0.83 goals per game involved for Vardy and 1.0 for Bony (Vardy has been involved in 55% of goals while on the pitch this season, Bony at just 40%). However, Vardy plays more minutes per game as he has been subbed off just once all season while Bony has been subbed in 3 of his 4 starts. Even if the sub is just 10 minutes, that decreases Bony's output by 10% and thus to about 0.9 goal involvement per game. Add in the increased likelihood of bonus for Vardy (due to fewer goals scored and fewer CS to compete with) and I think it's likely to be about even based upon those assumptions.

Of course, to have that kind of confidence in these types of numbers is foolish, but it's still an interesting calculation nonetheless.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

BTW, I think Vardy is a ridiculously excellent value. He's numbers backup his production, especially when you add in penalties (will be interesting to see who takes the next pen with both he and Mahrez on the pitch after Mahrez missed tonight). At his price, he is a bargain even if he goes through a bit of a downturn.

I chose Ighalo instead of Vardy several weeks back and, while Ighalo has done fine for the money it has been a poor decision.

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Was considering transferring him out, but his underlying stats look very very good. (as you might expect for the PL top scorer) still concerned about playing westbrom away though

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

West Brom have conceded 3 goals in three of their 5 home matches so far, I think I read. Not saying it will happen again, but perhaps they aren't quite as solid as they appear?

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Yup. However, those matches were against City, Chelsea, and Everton.

And the baggies did have quite a few injuries and an unsettled back line, which seems to have calmed down a bit in the last few matches.

Also considering the Vardy issue for me, would be about exchanging him for someone with an easy fixture (i.e. Bony, Pelle, Or Kane), so there's also that

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

It looks like Vardy has 3 more games for most of us as:

wba/WAT/new

is followed by

MNU/swa/CHE/eve/liv/MCI

patrickdrd
Treebeard

Post by patrickdrd »

I'm not sure if this is the biggest problem (e.g. is chelsea the worst fixture with their defence form lately? really?? ) as could be the return of uloa :roll:

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Yup 3 more games for me before I switch to Kane

Paul_Football
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Paul_Football »

I don't have Vardy and wasn't interested in bringing him into my team. I went for differential with Berahino and got average returns. (29 points in 5 matches: 5.8 avg). My issue with Vardy is his exposure and fatigue. He's going to be playing a lot of matches for Leicester and England and I think his form will drop off completely by December due to fatigue or injury. I could be completely wrong and keep missing out on massive points but I'm willing to take the risk. I also have a bad feeling about doubling up on Leicester.

Mahrez will probably sit in my team for a while before I remove him. Not even concerned about his fixtures. If he returns 10 points in 5 matches then I'll shift him for someone else but at the moment he's earned my patience even through his tough fixtures. Confident he'll pop up with the occasional goal and assists all season.

CupidStunt000
FISOhead

Post by CupidStunt000 »

I'm not sure about deciding to transfer either Vardy or Mahrez out just yet. If they carry on playing like they are then transferring either of them out would be a mistake IMO regardless of fixtures. Not saying they will carry on playing like this but it's a wait and see for me.

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

He already put two past both Arsenal (sure, Arsenal defended lazily with the confident lead) and Southampton (away). I'm in no rush to transfer him out even with those fixtures. Chelsea only have two clean sheets this season (yet I'm still stuck with Azpi), Everton and Liverpool haven't exactly been perfect at the back either. He tends to get more assists (10 last season vs. a mere 1 so far this season) than he has had this season as well (and the numbers posted above suggest he perhaps should – Pelle has 5 assists with less chances created).

Not saying there's not an argument for transfering him and Mahrez out, which I might, but it's probably not top of the list at the time. I'll see how it plays out, but won't take it as a given. Vardy is on three yellows already though so that might be a factor.

CupidStunt000
FISOhead

Post by CupidStunt000 »

They're both starting to look like must haves regardless of fixtures.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”