To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Goalkeeper options

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Goalkeeper options

Post by djskope »

The ghost of Speroni may not be a ghost, allegedly
Any sources for this please?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

djskope wrote:
Speroni has had a long term injury. There is no given (ho ho) that those two will feature in every CP match to the end of the season.

They may well do, but but they may not..

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

djskope wrote:
Speroni has apparently played a couple of Under-21 games recently.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I can't be bothered digging, as I'm OK for GK's, but I believe that they were a litlle while ago and he has disappeared again.

My point is simply that CP have 3 not 2 GK's and posted the following above:

If I were WC'ing then Hennessy would be in the frame, but I don't follow CP well enough to know about Speroni. What I do remember is that when they bought Hennessy there was uproar re Speroni being a crowd favourite and Hennessy didn't get match time. Weird as he did well at Wolves(?) and not many rubbish GK's get to the Euro's - well unless they were hosts (Hello Chesney) and\or until half of Europe qualified :wink:

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Hennessy is now 60% pg returns / 20 points in 5 games / Av 4.0 ppg
I think that's excellent for a 3.9m keeper.
I noticed a lot of people are transferring him in so I will need to buy before the price rise (prob tomorrow).
But do his 3 clean sheets in 5 games mean that he is essentially nailed over Speroni now? Any Palace fans on here? What's the feeling?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I don't think he's nailed on, but he's safe for now. Not a palace fan but IMO it's his place to lose at the moment, and he will stay in at least until he makes a mistake or two.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

I think he has to be nailed on now. The only major change in defence has coincided with one of the best defensive runs CP have had in a long while. I brought him in this gw so I could afford Bony. Whilst the Bony transfer didn't work out, I was aware of the risk that Hennessey could only be in for a short time, but I'm feeling more confident now that he could be second GK season keeper.

It helped that keeping Butland worked out for me. One of the only gw highlights for me. :(

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Thanks for the advice!

Note to any others considering: Guys! Don't buy him this week.. he has Liverpool (away) next and will most likely blank or get hammered. Let's all agree to buy him after 08/11 then we can all get him in for 3.9 instead of 4 . Hold fast! Transfers are trickling in at 0.1% per hour so he won't rise this week unless we knee jerk :wink:

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Does anyone know who the Newcastle keeper in Krul's absence is, how nailed on they are, and if there's any other relevant information?

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Does anyone know who the Newcastle keeper in Krul's absence is, how nailed on they are, and if there's any other relevant information?
Jaanmat.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Does anyone know who the Newcastle keeper in Krul's absence is, how nailed on they are, and if there's any other relevant information?
I'm pretty sure Stemania said it was Darlow, who is currently injured, with Elliot (also now flagged/injured) as third choice. Woodman was recalled from loan recently, presumably as cover once Krul and Darlow became injured at the same time.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Mav3rick wrote:
I'm pretty sure Stemania said it was Darlow, who is currently injured, with Elliot (also now flagged/injured) as third choice. Woodman was recalled from loan recently, presumably as cover once Krul and Darlow became injured at the same time.
Yes, this is what seemed most likely - Darlow appeared the number two in preseason. Unfortunately now Elliot has picked up a thigh injury and is a doubt for next week. In addition he apparently has a problem with his shoulder which may need surgery that he is currently playing through the pain barrier with.

It may be that 18 yr old Woodman makes his debut next week, though McClaren has said the club are exploring the emergency loan market just in case Elliot is not looking great. Darlow is still a few weeks away I think.

Amazing that Newcastle only got in a third keeper after finding themselves with the first two injured for a month last season, and now all three might be injured. :shock:

My advice would be to steer clear for now (at least until Darlow is fit again) as Elliot could break down at any minute. A Newcastle keeper at sub 4m looks a bargain, but it's not really one to gamble on now imo.

Instead, Hennessey and Palace have a good run of fixtures soon enough and I think I'll be jumping off Butland to him in a couple of weeks when Stoke's fixtures go bad - maybe Hennessey is a better bet atm. Long term Palace and Newcastle rotate pretty well so Hennessey/Toon GK look a cracking sub 8m investment long term when the situation becomes clearer. :D

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Jack Butland does it again. One of the few really good decisions I have made so far. Probably indicative of the way my FPL season is going that my budget keeper is my most consistent points returner right now, mind...

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

Another jammy haul for Butland owners, didn't he get an assist earlier in the season? He was a bad keeper to play today, they were big underdogs and he probably should have been sent off late on. Surely that's his luck done for the season.

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

Another jammy haul for Butland owners, didn't he get an assist earlier in the season? He was a bad keeper to play today, they were big underdogs and he probably should have been sent off late on. Surely that's his luck done for the season.

Potters82
Treebeard

Post by Potters82 »

Valeron wrote:Another jammy haul for Butland owners, didn't he get an assist earlier in the season? He was a bad keeper to play today, they were big underdogs and he probably should have been sent off late on. Surely that's his luck done for the season.
What a load of rubbish, well played jack!.

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

Are anyone else who only have Myhill as a starting goalkeeper concerned about Ben Foster returning?
If nothing else comes up im concidering using my 2nd free transfer on a Mccarhy to Hennessey move,
another option is transfering Myhill to someone with better fixtures, but i only really want to do that if i was certain Myhill doesn't keep the spot long term.

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

Interestingly mCCarthy has more owners than Hennesy at this point..I have both, plan on keeping them long term unless Speroni comes back OR I have enough spare funds elsewhere and I will swap out Rojo for a cheaper defender (Simpson maybe) and bring in DDG for McCarthy.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Already have McCarthy, thinking about Myhill > Hennessey this week for a hit. Doubling up on a pair of Palace guards.

Wouldn't normally consider a hit on a goalie unless necessary, but WBA's fixtures not great, Palace's pretty decent, three CS in last six games and puts another 0.7 ITB.

Sound reasonable or rash?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Beware Speroni.....

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

JVRB48 wrote:Already have McCarthy, thinking about Myhill > Hennessey this week for a hit. Doubling up on a pair of Palace guards.

Wouldn't normally consider a hit on a goalie unless necessary, but WBA's fixtures not great, Palace's pretty decent, three CS in last six games and puts another 0.7 ITB.

I did this a few gw's ago, and benefited greatly by benching Hennessey and playing Butland as my main keeper. The extra funds was great also. I say if it feels good do it!

I think Hennessey has done enough over the past few gw's to keep his spot for what it's worth.

Once the keeper situation is clearer at NEW, I may also do Butland :arrow: possibly Darlow in order to release further funds for my team, giving me a Hennessey/Darlow or Elliot keeper combo. Obviously I don't put much faith in keepers, and see a CS as an added bonus, so base price pairings are my preferred option so I can invest the money elsewhere.

So far it's worked well.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotstepper »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
JVRB48 wrote:Already have McCarthy, thinking about Myhill > Hennessey this week for a hit. Doubling up on a pair of Palace guards.

I did this a few gw's ago, and benefited greatly by benching Hennessey and playing Butland as my main keeper. The extra funds was great also. I say if it feels good do it!

I think Hennessey has done enough over the past few gw's to keep his spot for what it's worth.

Once the keeper situation is clearer at NEW, I may also do Butland :arrow: possibly Darlow in order to release further funds for my team, giving me a Hennessey/Darlow or Elliot keeper combo. Obviously I don't put much faith in keepers, and see a CS as an added bonus, so base price pairings are my preferred option so I can invest the money elsewhere.

So far it's worked well.
Thanks NoEyeDeer. I'd be tempted by the same Newcastle/Palace double up, but with McCarthy my current Palace selection, and Palace's fixtures looking good, bringing in Hennessey seems the better option. Mccarthy as my only Palace keeper provides no rotation.

My intention is to sit on it til nearer deadline, and make the move if I have no other injury emergencies to deal with instead

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

I think Hennessey has the spot to lose atm, however Speroni could be just one or two bad mistakes from Hennessey away, so there is some risk involved with the Hennessey/McCarthy double up. Hopefully it does work out for you, and Hennessey doesn't get a bad case of butter fingers any time soon. ;)

pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pdhmobile »

ive had courtois until his injury and then had bergovic, every week hoping for a turn in form, which never happened. An improved performace last week and good fixtures coming, im definately holding bergovic.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Not a fan of +5mill Keepers but think De Gea could be good value, save points, clean sheets and the odd boni, considering maybe going with until WBA fixtures ease up and Foster is back.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotstepper »

NoEyeDeer wrote:I think Hennessey has the spot to lose atm, however Speroni could be just one or two bad mistakes from Hennessey away, so there is some risk involved with the Hennessey/McCarthy double up. Hopefully it does work out for you, and Hennessey doesn't get a bad case of butter fingers any time soon. ;)
Thanks, (butter) fingers crossed

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

NoEyeDeer wrote:I say if it feels good do it!
That's how unwanted pregnancies happen...

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Le Red wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote:I say if it feels good do it!
That's how unwanted pregnancies happen...
Dare I say it's how most of us got here. :P

zaqattaq
Kevin and Perry

Post by zaqattaq »

flare2 wrote: I think at the moment the way to go may be Lloris (cheapest way into Spurs defence) and Hennessey (starting GK who is only 3.9m).
I've somehow found myself stumbling into this same combination. There is some nice rotation between the two in the next few weeks and the price for Hennessey is certainly value over Guzan (£4.5m) who has the fourth worst PPG of a starting GK.

It's free money if he can keep his place at Palace for the rest of the season.

owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Post by owenclass »

I think Stekelenburg is a good option as Southamptons defence is quite solid

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”