To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Goalkeeper options

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Re: Goalkeeper options

Post by PitchBookMaker »

owenclass wrote:I think Stekelenburg is a good option as Southamptons defence is quite solid
He'll lost his starting spot once Fraser Forster returns from injury.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Anybody heard any dubious news about Hennessey (especially with Speroni in the wings)?

Want to pull the trigger tomorrow and sell McCarthy (can't afford Lloris DDG etc if I want Aguero)..

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

djskope wrote:Anybody heard any dubious news about Hennessey (especially with Speroni in the wings)?

Want to pull the trigger tomorrow and sell McCarthy (can't afford Lloris DDG etc if I want Aguero)..
I think the spot's his to lose. Whether that translates as nailed with Speroni around I'm not sure. I guess there is always the possibility he is one mistake away from being dropped, but both him and Palace as a whole have looked quite solid of late and have the fixture run for that to continue. My guess is that he is pretty safe, for the time being at least.

I'd also be pretty interested to know the Newcastle pecking order. Elliott is currently starting at only 4m, and Darlow has returned to fitness and is close to dropping to 3.9..

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Thanks Notned.. Palace's next couple look like potential cleanies [SUN (H) NEW (H)] and I already have Gomes to follow on so these budget keepers should rotate well for me.

There were rumours of a Speroni -> Newcastle loan a couple of weeks back. This other news is more recent..

http://www.squawka.com/news/reports-spe ... ure/522449

I'm going in 8-)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

djskope wrote:Thanks Notned.. Palace's next couple look like potential cleanies [SUN (H) NEW (H)] and I already have Gomes to follow on so these budget keepers should rotate well for me.

There were rumours of a Speroni -> Newcastle loan a couple of weeks back. This other news is more recent..

http://www.squawka.com/news/reports-spe ... ure/522449

I'm going in 8-)
Good call, I think. For what it's worth I have Butland/McCarthy, and wouldn't hesitate to switch McCarthy for Hennessey if I had the spare transfer.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

I'm taking a (another) hit, but I think it could be worth it. Hennessey is a great price and could grab a haul in the next two games. He is also a backup that plays in the remote case that Gomes gets injured, sent off, let's some in against Man U etc. He'll definitely score more than McCarthy anyway :)

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Cue a Hennessey red card and McCarthy saving the resulting penalty with his first touch.

The Dazzler
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 9th overall in FPL 2005/06, 50th 2010/11, 288th 2014/15

Post by The Dazzler »

thesilkworm wrote:Cue a Hennessey red card and McCarthy saving the resulting penalty with his first touch.
Speroni has been on the bench the last couple of games. I think McCarthy is 3rd choice now.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Ah yeah, forgot about that.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

PitchBookMaker wrote:
owenclass wrote:I think Stekelenburg is a good option as Southamptons defence is quite solid
That's not likely to be before the end of this season though.

PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Post by PitchBookMaker »

Tall Paul wrote:
PitchBookMaker wrote:
That's not likely to be before the end of this season though.
I don't think that's correct: reports have shown that he's back and building fitness...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... video.html

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/11/20/fr ... n-twitter/
Last edited by PitchBookMaker on 20 Nov 2015, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

My claim was based on the inital reports that he'd be out for a year and the Physioroom injury table, which has him out until April '16.

The Daily Mail and HITC are hardly the most reliable sources of information and neither of the articles give a projected date for his return, in fact the second one says "There are no indications as to when Forster will be ready to play again".

So I'll stand by my comment that he's unlikely to return before the end of this season.

PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Post by PitchBookMaker »

Tall Paul wrote:My claim was based on the inital reports that he'd be out for a year and the Physioroom injury table, which has him out until April '16.

The Daily Mail and HITC are hardly the most reliable sources of information and neither of the articles give a projected date for his return, in fact the second one says "There are no indications as to when Forster will be ready to play again".

So I'll stand by my comment that he's unlikely to return before the end of this season.
Fair enough, you stated your source... However, even Koeman said he's on track to return much sooner... Already training with the goalkeeper coach and soon back in full team training:
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ald-koeman

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

thesilkworm wrote:Cue a Hennessey red card and McCarthy saving the resulting penalty with his first touch.

Just another of my standard Fantasy weekends then :lol:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I hate to bleat on like a broken record, but Jack Butland, yet again. What a guy.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

I just realised I've got only ONE clean sheet so far this season. I think I should have invested to Butland or Myhill or anyone else... I changed de Gea for this round and surprisingly he failed to get clean sheet.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”