To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

strike force for the next 6 weeks

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

how do we see it ? vardy is nailed on so now its pelle lukaku martian costa bony? cant think it can be anybody else

but getting this right could really rocket you up the rankings , its puzzling

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Re: strike force for the next 6 weeks

Post by First Sub Podcast »

I'll judge Bony away at old Trafford, not for an assist which could be argued was offside and a goal gifted to him by Fedrici. Took his 2nd goal well admittedly.

Same applies to Costa really, on another day he could easily have blanked yesterday. Compare the two to Vardy who is flying right now.

Pelle has Liverpool away next but then BOU, sun and STO as the next 3, he will stay for all 4 for me.

Most will keep Vardy and Pelle so it's that third spot which is the real headache.

Costa v Bony v Martial v Kane

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Don't forget Benteke. I think he'll make a case for inclusion soon.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

yttod1010 wrote:so now its pelle lukaku martian costa bony?

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Currently Vardy, Bony & Pelle. May keep that way for a while, although Lukaku in my thoughts. I agree Benteke likely to be interesting too once he's back

Ricardo81
Wideboy
FS Record: 0

Post by Ricardo81 »

Vardy, Pelle, Lukaku - particularly after everton play arsenal. Everton's fixtures are superb from gameweek 11

Saints also with good fixtures save a couple of away games to liverpool and city. But pelle and vardy are almost fixture proof as they still score against the best teams

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

Mitrovic?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

The Toon Man wrote:Mitrovic?
poor man's Costa. He'll get more cards than goals.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

2 up top for me with 5 man midfield

mitchyg1980
FISOhead

Post by mitchyg1980 »

Current - Berahino, Pelle, Perez

Playing the dangerous anti-Vardy game

Planned to look to Lukaku in 2 game weeks time for Berahino (but my plans haven't really held up too well this season)

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

Currently Bony, Pelle and Vardy. Wanted Lukaku but I think I'll go with Barkley and hope for the best.

Really like that there are so many different choices this year, doesn't seem to be much of a template.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Vardy, Pelle and Martial currently, and will be difficult to dump any based on fixtures alone. As said above, certainly keeps it interesting with so many promising options in the same price bracket. Particularly with the majority of them all embarking on strong fixture runs at the same time.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

6 weeks is a good period to look at because I think Aguero will be out at least for that long. Actually I doubt he's back much before Xmas.

Currently I have Pelle, Costa, Ighalo and am set up for 4-4-2 although it shifts to 3-4-3 if I like Ighalo's fixture.

The Aguero money takes the pressure off budget and I will probably revert to 3-4-3 in GW11 by replacing Ighalo with Bony or Lukaku. A downgrade from Kolarov this week will provide the extra funds I need for that. I could also go to 3-5-2 and replace Westwood with Walcott but I'm less likely to, it's an additional 1m to find and compromises my defence too much..

I think 4-4-2 is a very good option when funds are tight (as they are when you have Aguero, Sanchez and KDB in your team). But when funds are easy (as now) it makes less sense.

Gagagogo
Treebeard

Post by Gagagogo »

Pelle Lukaku Vardy
Good players good fixtures

I will keep an eye on Sturridge / Benteke

Since no Aguero i have 5m in the bank atm haha

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Costa, Martial, Berahino - don't really see any point changing this at the minute

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

I'm on Bony, Pelle, Ighalo. Funds are there for Ighalo :arrow: Lukaku, which will be my move as things stand.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Lukaku Pelle Vardy

dabezzz
Treebeard

Post by dabezzz »

Costa Ayoze Vardy for me.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

Gomis has to go.

Left with Vardy, Pelle and [x]

There's arguments for so many players this will be a nightmare!

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and get Vardy in as he really does look the stand out budget forward at the moment. If I do it this will leave me with Pelle, Vardy and Sakho/Diouf. I would ideally like to get Lukaku in next week but I am currently £0.1m off thanks to Diouf's price drop this week.

I really wanted to leave it for a few weeks as I fancy Diouf for Watford (H), Newcatle (A) assuming he returns to the side from his compassionate leave, but Vardy's price rises and form are really making it hard to wait.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 7m7 minutes ago

PELLEGRINI: "We can play in different ways and we can win. @DeBruyneKev is not a striker but he could play as a striker if we need him to."

Interesting re: Bony

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I think this thread warrants a little bump.

Seems as though there are are ton of options up front right now, with the reemergence of Kane, and Bony facing Norwich and Villa back to back. Lukaku is moving into a very handsome run of fixtures and Saints' fixtures continue to look good for Pellè. Many of us planned to ship out Vardy, but he has had more goals, more shots on target and created more chances than any premier league striker this season. Not only that, but Leicester face Watford and Newcastle in their next three. There's also Martial to consider - probably the most droppable for those of us that have him, since he's been deployed out wide, but then United's fixtures look pretty easy for the foreseeable too.

Many of these have the potential to score big, but we can only have three of them. I'm currently still on Pellè, Vardy, Martial, but contemplating shipping out Martial for Kane. Having loads of shots, on pens, gaining value, and faces Villa at home next.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Very tough decision for me also. Currently on Pelle/Vardy/Kane, but really want Bony.

Question for me is, does Vardy score more against WBA away and WAT at home, than Bony against NOR at home and AV away?

Two of the more solid 'weaker' team's defenses versus two of the worse defenses.

Bony has to be the better option right?

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

If it's that close, don't waste a transfer - or two if you are short-terming it.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Having mulled a bit more this morning, I think Martial to Bony might be sensible. Man City are quite capable of putting five goals past both Norwich and Villa. In terms of points potential over the next two, you've got to think Bony is well up there.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Kane, Pelle, Ighalo - not sure how long it will last though.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

NoEyeDeer wrote:Very tough decision for me also. Currently on Pelle/Vardy/Kane, but really want Bony.Question for me is, does Vardy score more against WBA away and WAT at home, than Bony against NOR at home and AV away? Two of the more solid 'weaker' team's defenses versus two of the worse defenses.Bony has to be the better option right?
Yes on paper it is the right option because it's more possible that Man C smash teams than Leicester do. However Vardy will 'never' be dropped and is more focal to his team.

As someone pointed out earlier, I too am liking the variation in squads; no real template exists because of the viable options available. I guess it depends on how much value you need to grab to accommodate your own squad budget. My TV is fairly low so will be opting for VFM Barkley in a 3-5-2 instead of perhaps a Bony/Martial in a 3-4-3, with Pelle/Costa. I think it's a good team to run with for 6-7 games minimum. But as we see in FF things change all the time. In a few weeks we'll probably be looking to discard all the current flavours for any of Henderson, Cabaye, Cedric, Ramsey, Giroud, Depay, Mata, Cazorla, Benteke, etc. :lol:

Incrediblewoody
Wideboy

Post by Incrediblewoody »

So many decent options for the next few weeks. I've decided on the following for now:

Bony - Vardy - Pelle

Bony up against Norwich and then Aston Villa, there has got to be goals there, most likely my Captain this week.
Vardy just can't be dropped with his current stats.
Pelle up against Bournemouth, Sunderland and then Stoke.

The only one I'm tempted to replace is Pelle with Lukaku, this would likely be after Bournemouth and Sunderland.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

From GW 13 onwards Vardy, Pelle and Lukaku. Until then Bony rather than Lukaku.

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Kane, Pelle & Martial [ :arrow: Bony/Lukaku (depending on my 4yo son's whim...)] :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”