To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

strike force for the next 6 weeks

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Re: strike force for the next 6 weeks

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Paul_Football wrote:Aguero, Lukaku, Ighalo.

I'd love to get Kane in but I can't see that happening without major surgery and shipping out KDB/Sanchez.
I actually think Ighalo is a great choice for those that can't get Kane. Even a better option than Vardy over the next few.

He probably has a better chance of returning double figure hauls than Vardy also, thus he's an able replacement for the more expensive Kane, and I predict be could easily negate any Kane returns over the next 3-4 at least.

Paul_Football
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Paul_Football »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
Paul_Football wrote:Aguero, Lukaku, Ighalo.

I'd love to get Kane in but I can't see that happening without major surgery and shipping out KDB/Sanchez.
I actually think Ighalo is a great choice for those that can't get Kane. Even a better option than Vardy over the next few.

He probably has a better chance of returning double figure hauls than Vardy also, thus he's an able replacement for the more expensive Kane, and I predict be could easily negate any Kane returns over the next 3-4 at least.
I've been very happy with the returns since I replaced Wilson (who i had in gw1) with Ighalo. Kane's fixtures are great just when he's coming into form and for 9.5m that looks like a bargain. :cry:

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

NoEyeDeer wrote:I actually think Ighalo is a great choice for those that can't get Kane.
I agree very much with that.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I've got Ighalo, and think he's looked great, but I do worry about weeks 17-21. I don't think fixtures are the be all and end all, and we regularly see attacking players do well in tough fixtures, but that run is 4 of the best defences in the league at the moment and Chelsea away.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:I've got Ighalo, and think he's looked great, but I do worry about weeks 17-21. I don't think fixtures are the be all and end all, and we regularly see attacking players do well in tough fixtures, but that run is 4 of the best defences in the league at the moment and Chelsea away.
Oops, didn't look, forget what I said then...

umistboy
Treebeard

Post by umistboy »

I'll be having Kane - Lukaku - Vardy this weekend and then Kane - Lukaku - Costa for Chelsea's next 4 which just looks ridiculous on paper.

I really believe it will be these 4 (after tot at the weekend) that Chelsea's season will really start and will do so with a bang. I want Costa (C) throughout that 4 game window.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Bought in Kane this week to have Kane, Lukaku and Vardy as my front 3. Ideally, I'd hold off on Aguero till GW20.. but can bring him in with a hit or two if he goes mental

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Took a hit to bring in Kane & Aguero,
now Lukaku, Kane, Aguero.

Kane in such good form, and Aguero I decided to go early on him, as any price rises on him (and Kane) were going to very quickly price me out of buying him without making sacrifices I'd prefer not to

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

If I would guess who got more points for the rest of the season of Deeney and Igalho, I would pick Deeney.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I'm on a fairly template Aguero, Lukaku, Vardy for now.

Problem is that it's not a choice in isolation. If I want to bring Kane in (which I do), then something has to give elsewhere. For me, it's a question of whether Vardy & KDB will outscore Kane & Barkley, for example. If I think they will, (which I'm not sure about), then it's also going to cost me two transfers to put that squad in place. That's certainly a -4, and will likely cost me hits elsewhere due to general squad maintenance.

I'll monitor it. In a few weeks, we might all be calling Costa 'essential'.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

MPTree wrote:I'm on a fairly template Aguero, Lukaku, Vardy for now.

Problem is that it's not a choice in isolation. If I want to bring Kane in (which I do), then something has to give elsewhere. For me, it's a question of whether Vardy & KDB will outscore Kane & Barkley, for example. If I think they will, (which I'm not sure about), then it's also going to cost me two transfers to put that squad in place. That's certainly a -4, and will likely cost me hits elsewhere due to general squad maintenance.
Exactly this for me too. I'm currently backing the former, but will be keeping a close eye on it over the next couple of weeks.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”