To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

So, where are we on Chelsea now?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: So, where are we on Chelsea now?

Post by blahblah »

Having watched a fair bit of them lately I've been pondering Willian for the last 3 GW's, or so.

The could\should win 8 of their next 10, from what I have seen.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

blahblah wrote:Having watched a fair bit of them lately I've been pondering Willian for the last 3 GW's, or so.

The could\should win 8 of their next 10, from what I have seen.
If Payet's injury turns out to be a bad one, he is a realistic replacement. I'd be torn between Willian and Deulofeu, I think. With Cabaye and Lanzini outside considerations.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Tadic was the one to go from a few GW's back, but he has 6&8 in the last 2 GW's....

This season is confusing and is starting to pi55 me off tbh.

teknohed
Treebeard

Post by teknohed »

Lucky wrote:Spurs (A) no matter where they are, favoured league opponents :wink:
For whom?

Results against Spurs at WHL:

2005/2006 - Chelsea 0-2
2006/2007 - Spurs 2-1
2007/2008 - draw 4-4
2008/2009 - Spurs 1-0
2009/2010 - draw 1-1
2010/2011 - draw 1-1
2012/2013 - Chelsea 2-4
2013/2014 - draw 1-1
2014/2015 - Spurs 5-3

Kenzo
Kevin and Perry

Post by Kenzo »

teknohed wrote:
Lucky wrote:Spurs (A) no matter where they are, favoured league opponents :wink:
For whom?

2005/2006 - Chelsea 0-2
2006/2007 - Spurs 2-1
2007/2008 - draw 4-4
2008/2009 - Spurs 1-0
2009/2010 - draw 1-1
2010/2011 - draw 1-1
2012/2013 - Chelsea 2-4
2013/2014 - draw 1-1
2014/2015 - Spurs 5-3
17 goals scored over 9 games and only blanked in 1 of them. good for fpl attacking points.

The Dazzler
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 9th overall in FPL 2005/06, 50th 2010/11, 288th 2014/15

Post by The Dazzler »

Kenzo wrote:
teknohed wrote:
For whom?

2005/2006 - Chelsea 0-2
2006/2007 - Spurs 2-1
2007/2008 - draw 4-4
2008/2009 - Spurs 1-0
2009/2010 - draw 1-1
2010/2011 - draw 1-1
2012/2013 - Chelsea 2-4
2013/2014 - draw 1-1
2014/2015 - Spurs 5-3
17 goals scored over 9 games and only blanked in 1 of them. good for fpl attacking points.
Thta's old, swash buckling Spurs. This is new, defensive resolve Spurs.
New manager (to most of those results) and approach means that historical stats like those can be taken with a large grain of salt.
And yes, I know Pochettino was manager for the 5-3 but the team is now a much more defensive side than historically.
Also Chelsea right now are a very different team to the ones in that list. Confidence is at an all time low. I can't see both teams just going all out attack at each other.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

Indeed. Also the word "favoured opponents" implies more than just expecting goals and the results, even with the two former versions of the clubs, don't show any such correlation.

PokerGod1900
FISOhead

Post by PokerGod1900 »

If it's of any consequence I had an fpl dream last night...

And Hazard scored big points this week...

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Can we bring in chelsea players now? I want to bring in Fabregas.

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

math! wrote:Can we bring in chelsea players now? I want to bring in Fabregas.
Of course you can bring in who you want but I really can't see how Fabregas is appealing at the moment. Chelsea are still searching for form and Mourinho has been arsing about with his team a fair bit to try and spark them into life. I'm not actively considering any of their players at the moment, though in the back of my mind I am aware of Hazard's price drops and wonder if I can work him in if they find form.

For a comparable price you can have Coutinho or Eriksen and there are others cheaper, even Willian if you want Chelsea. Coutinho is the one for me at that price, as he has both the form and the upcoming fixtures (plus the nailed-ness). It's just the fitness at this moment which is a question.

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

what are other peoples verdict on Azpilicueta?? Chelsea looked good in the highlights, but the last thing i want is to take another price drop on Azpilicueta, if Mourinho keeps the winning lineup and leaves Azpilicueta out for a while. If i replace him it will be with Moreno or a spurs defender.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

zerinot wrote:what are other peoples verdict on Azpilicueta?? Chelsea looked good in the highlights, but the last thing i want is to take another price drop on Azpilicueta, if Mourinho keeps the winning lineup and leaves Azpilicueta out for a while. If i replace him it will be with Moreno or a spurs defender.
I transferred him out to free up funds last night. Was far from my thinking prior to yesterday given their fixtures, but he's just too pricey if he's going to become a rotation risk. My gut feeling is that it was just a rest, but as you say they did keep a clean sheet so he may not walk straight back in.

Will keep an eye on Zouma next weekend as a possible budget way in for the great run GW15 onwards.

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

I can't see Dave ever being a rotation risk. A rest would be the most likely reason.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

math! wrote:I can't see Dave ever being a rotation risk. A rest would be the most likely reason.
No I don't think so either. Wasn't keen on losing him truth be told, but the money had to come from somewhere and yesterday's benching was a ready made excuse, albeit most likely a one off.

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

Notned wrote:
zerinot wrote:what are other peoples verdict on Azpilicueta?? Chelsea looked good in the highlights, but the last thing i want is to take another price drop on Azpilicueta, if Mourinho keeps the winning lineup and leaves Azpilicueta out for a while. If i replace him it will be with Moreno or a spurs defender.
I transferred him out to free up funds last night. Was far from my thinking prior to yesterday given their fixtures, but he's just too pricey if he's going to become a rotation risk. My gut feeling is that it was just a rest, but as you say they did keep a clean sheet so he may not walk straight back in.

Will keep an eye on Zouma next weekend as a possible budget way in for the great run GW15 onwards.
yes, i think i´ll keep him through this price fall, hopefully he plays again next week, and i can get a spurs defender in for Sagna instead.

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Red Eye wrote:
Of course you can bring in who you want but I really can't see how Fabregas is appealing at the moment. Chelsea are still searching for form and Mourinho has been arsing about with his team a fair bit to try and spark them into life. I'm not actively considering any of their players at the moment, though in the back of my mind I am aware of Hazard's price drops and wonder if I can work him in if they find form.

For a comparable price you can have Coutinho or Eriksen and there are others cheaper, even Willian if you want Chelsea. Coutinho is the one for me at that price, as he has both the form and the upcoming fixtures (plus the nailed-ness). It's just the fitness at this moment which is a question.
8 days later - Aguero is not currently essential and I knee-jerked Sanchez :arrow: Oezil with my FT.

I now have 2.5M burning a hole in my pocket. Cannot afford Eden. BUT....

Can afford Mahrez :arrow: Fabregas.

He's played the full 90 last two game weeks and bagged an assist and all three bonii in GW 13 (home, Norwich). 3 points in the goalless draw vs. Spurs.

Absolute madness???

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

He did not play well against Tottenham unfortunately. There is even a 'lowlight' reel of him. That doesn't mean he will be bad against Bournemouth of course but it's still risky.

The Dazzler
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 9th overall in FPL 2005/06, 50th 2010/11, 288th 2014/15

Post by The Dazzler »

tommyk7 wrote:
Red Eye wrote:

8 days later - Aguero is not currently essential and I knee-jerked Sanchez :arrow: Oezil with my FT.

I now have 2.5M burning a hole in my pocket. Cannot afford Eden. BUT....

Can afford Mahrez :arrow: Fabregas.

He's played the full 90 last two game weeks and bagged an assist and all three bonii in GW 13 (home, Norwich). 3 points in the goalless draw vs. Spurs.

Absolute madness???
I can't afford a house but I can afford a dog kennel.
So I'll sell my mobile home, add a few quid and I'll buy the dog kennel.
Good move!

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Hazard, Oscar, Willian. Three players playing well with confidence tonight. Costa, great movement off the ball and work rate, lacking confidence with his touch and finishing. Defence with JT and Courtois much much better.

Game was close to being a 'cricket score'. Porto tore Chelsea apart in the first game, Chelsea absolutely dominated in the second half tonight.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Could be another false dawn, but they sounded much better tonight by all accounts. Certainly planning to hold my two Chelsea players for the next few in the hope of decent returns, although I'll be benching Zouma against Leicester I think.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Notned wrote:Could be another false dawn, but they sounded much better tonight by all accounts. Certainly planning to hold my two Chelsea players for the next few in the hope of decent returns, although I'll be benching Zouma against Leicester I think.
Im still tempted to get rid of Hazard this week, pretty much everyone around me in my ML has Ozil and he has Villa next.

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Notned wrote:Could be another false dawn, but they sounded much better tonight by all accounts. Certainly planning to hold my two Chelsea players for the next few in the hope of decent returns, although I'll be benching Zouma against Leicester I think.
Zouma was solid tonight alongside JT. I'm holding onto Hazard myself. Tonight is the first time I've seen him smile so much in a match in a long while.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

MartyBhoy7 wrote:
Im still tempted to get rid of Hazard this week, pretty much everyone around me in my ML has Ozil and he has Villa next.
Yeah, I can see the temptation in that. Luckily I have Ramsey to cover the Villa game. Big call I know, but I'm backing him to be their main man ahead of Ozil over the next few, at least in the absence of Sanchez.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

math! wrote:
Zouma was solid tonight alongside JT. I'm holding onto Hazard myself. Tonight is the first time I've seen him smile so much in a match in a long while.[/quote
Yeah big fan of Zouma, great potential. Normally I'd be tempted to play him, but I'm planning on using the AOA chip and playing Alli against Newcastle instead. Decent shout?

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

This season you can't even bank on the bad teams to be bad anymore. Sunderland at Stoke, Newcastle and Aston Villa last week, Aston Villa against Man City, Bournemouth a few times. You never know what the Newcastle game will be like.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Notned wrote:
MartyBhoy7 wrote:
Yeah, I can see the temptation in that. Luckily I have Ramsey to cover the Villa game. Big call I know, but I'm backing him to be their main man ahead of Ozil over the next few, at least in the absence of Sanchez.
I prefer Ramsey too as an FPL prospect but a bit worried with Ozil being so highly owned so would probably bring him in for tactical purposes.

superdave
Wideboy

Post by superdave »

Is it time to take a gamble on Ivanovic? Change in manager to loosen the attacking instincts and value could be good at 6.5 and a differential?

Fantasy Ferret
Cheetah

Post by Fantasy Ferret »

Today will be a good indication of where Chelsea are at now, if they beat a very good Watford side well then we can all aside that they will be worth backing going forward.

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

I might be keen on Costa from GW26-33 if he shows more goal scoring potential. There are some tricky games coming up prior to that run, with Everton being the most likely to score in. If he manages anything in the other games then he has to be considered for my team.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Much needed bump re: their midfield options for DGW37. Where do we stand? Is Hazard back in the mix? Cesc most nailed on? Willian? Pedro? Oscar?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”