To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

So, where are we on Chelsea now?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

So, where are we on Chelsea now?

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

They are enduring an obvious (and hilarious) run of bad form at the moment, and a good few of their assets have dropped in price since GW1.

Are we planning on jumping on any of these in advance as a differential? Costa is currently sitting at just over 5% ownership.

Are people waiting for them to have an upturn in form?

Or steering clear all together?

I briefly considered drafting someone (Costa) for next GW's clash vs Villa, but have decided against it (especially as the following week is a Derby)

pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

Re: So, where are we on Chelsea now?

Post by pdhmobile »

I would definately wait for an upturn in form, or even a win :shock:
Having said that i do own bergovic, which hasn't really worked out as i thought so far!

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Unlike some other big teams and their big hitters, where the stats suggested poor finishing rather than poor form, Chelsea and their assets have probably been the complete opposite.

They are simply in terrible form, and the stats suggest a complete lack of opportunities to even give a glimmer of hope or improvement moving forward.

All returns to date have been more luck than a case of their work rate and stats suggesting returns were bound to come.

They obviously have the personnel and individual talent to get out of this slump, but so dire has their form been, that I currently won't go near any of their assets until I actually see with my own eyes an upturn in form over at least a 2 to 3 week period.

Given the wealth of other players that are performing, and also kinder on the budget, I see no need to panic and rush any CHE players in either, regardless of any supposedly easy fixtures.

If what we've seen from the season thus far continues, then this could be the season where for the first time in a long time we see the death of the Chelsea fpl assets.

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

I've had Azpilicueta this whole time, waiting for the form to finally pick up (he did have some decent returns in the first gameweeks due to attacking contributions, so it wasn't entirely a waste of funds).

I'm giving him one more week, let's see if they manage to keep a clean sheet against Villa at home.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Well, they will nearly all have been away from Jose for a fortnight so they may have got a bit less bad :lol:

Terry has 0 points from 5 appearances 8-)

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I'm giving Azpi another week, then he's gone for Bellerin. I wouldn't touch their mids and strikers.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

I doubled up on defence after the Arsenal game, thinking I was ahead of the game. I was a fool.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

JVRB48 wrote:I doubled up on defence after the Arsenal game, thinking I was ahead of the game. I was a fool.
So far ahead of the game that you ended up behind it. :wink:

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

gallus wrote:I'm giving Azpi another week, then he's gone for Bellerin. I wouldn't touch their mids and strikers.
I have Azpi too and fast running out of patience. Having said that they have attractive fixtures coming up and if Jose goes negative, defend at all costs, there may yet be returns. Not holding my breath though :)

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Chelsea's attack has continued the tepid affair it was over the past 10-15 games of last season. I have them squarely in the middle of the league at 13th (virtually tied for 10th) with such heavy hitters as Norwich, West Ham and Stoke. Their defence has completely collapsed and is deservedly getting torched. By my model their defence is 4th worst in the league, ahead of only Norwich, Sunderland and Stoke (love that my GK duo includes keepers from two of those three). Further, they are a LONG way away from the top half of defensive clubs. They would need to drop their expected goals allowed by about 0.50 GPG just to get near the top half of the table. Defenses like City, United and the Spurs have performed so much better that they aren't even in the same neighborhood.

Until I see something that suggests a better performance I will be staying far, far away.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
gallus wrote:I'm giving Azpi another week, then he's gone for Bellerin. I wouldn't touch their mids and strikers.
I have Azpi too and fast running out of patience. Having said that they have attractive fixtures coming up and if Jose goes negative, defend at all costs, there may yet be returns. Not holding my breath though :)
Exactly the same. Had him since the start. 1 goal helped but his points are a lot lower than expected. Home to AV next game. Expecting a clean sheet. Anything other then he's gone the following week

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

Wildcard active and Hazard and Azpi are gone

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Hazard gets one more game for me. I can't say I'm not tempted to look elsewhere, but I'm not sure Villa at home is the game to jump ship.

Blind faith is telling me that despite the team being woeful currently, he is starting to return steadily, and surely they will turn the corner soon? Be it by virtue of Mourinho desperately trying to cling to his job, or rejuvenation under a new manager...

If he continues to toil in the next game or two, than a switch to Mata in time for that GW11 run could be on the cards.

mmikkeelee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mini league winner 2014\2015

Post by mmikkeelee »

Chelsea players are not only hitting bad form it seems they are burnt out

Ivo terry hazard all played every game last season
This may have taken its toll

Hazard only player to keep hold of

Costa comes back from ban could bang a few goals but the lad is a liability

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Weird how bad they are isn't it? I can't even begin to explain the lack of effort (that's all it can be because the talent and experience is unquestionable).

However, I would very much like to know what people think their final league position will be...

OK I'll start, 1. :twisted:

Colombia Blade
Cheetah

Post by Colombia Blade »

I have Hazard and Azpilicueta and I'm leaving them in for the Villa game. I did the same for Sanchez against Leicester and that worked out nicely. If they don't get anything against Villa they're both gone (which means both could have dropped in price, but as they're expensive anyway I can pretty much replace them with whoever I want even if they do fall)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Sutter Kane wrote:Weird how bad they are isn't it? I can't even begin to explain the lack of effort (that's all it can be because the talent and experience is unquestionable).

However, I would very much like to know what people think their final league position will be...

Third or fourth.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Oh.... More a question right now of how good I think Arsenal and Man U are, and how quickly I think Chelsea can shake off this fug. Mmmm, Chelsea 4th, with an FA cup win

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Can't believe people think Hazard is a "keep" given the form of Sanchez and De Bruyne.

I brought Zouma in - regretting it but will keep him in for Villa.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Hazard's returns are a great example of what's been discussed in the Aguero thread.

His returns thus far are much more a case of random luck as opposed to good or blossoming form.

That luck may continue against Villa due to the lack of quality opposition, but on current form it's impossible to predict if the likelihood of returns are indeed highly likely.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Sutter Kane wrote:Weird how bad they are isn't it? I can't even begin to explain the lack of effort (that's all it can be because the talent and experience is unquestionable).

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

They'll be fourth by Christmas.

Not because they will improve that much, but because everybody else will (as usual) drop points at random except ManU, ManC and Arsenal.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

I'll take 4.

Think top 5 goes City, Arsenal, United, Chelsea, Spurs. A good fight among Everton, Pool, Southampton and Palace for 6th. I do reserve the right to adjust if Klopp's Liverpool seem a change side.

With that said, they need to stop dropping points like now.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

they are going to hammer somebody soon, will this be the weekend to jump back onto them with the spare Aguero cash? Hazard, Costa? over 56K have brought in Costa, but over 300k have added Pelle!

I keep thinking they will come good but still they slump, Villa are dire, if this isn't the weekend to back a Chelsea player I'm not sure when will be :)

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 28640....

Post by Bertie64 »

Gambit wrote:...I keep thinking they will come good but still they slump, Villa are dire, if this isn't the weekend to back a Chelsea player I'm not sure when will be :)
That's the big issue for me. Say Costa scores this week... What does it tell you? Does that mean you really want him next week and the week after? I can see the appeal for the Villa game but I think the only way we actually learn anything is if Chelsea continue to dissapoint. In the medium term I think there are better options until Chelsea show they are over this slump, and it'll take more than a win over Villa to convince me that I'm missing out by not owning Costa/Hazard et al.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Bertie64 wrote:
Gambit wrote:...I keep thinking they will come good but still they slump, Villa are dire, if this isn't the weekend to back a Chelsea player I'm not sure when will be :)
That's the big issue for me. Say Costa scores this week... What does it tell you? Does that mean you really want him next week and the week after? I can see the appeal for the Villa game but I think the only way we actually learn anything is if Chelsea continue to dissapoint. In the medium term I think there are better options until Chelsea show they are over this slump, and it'll take more than a win over Villa to convince me that I'm missing out by not owning Costa/Hazard et al.
I agree, almost.

Although Chelsea have been shocking they will surely turn it round at some point (I think), the upcoming games for Chelsea are not too bad with Stoke, Norwich, Bournemouth in their next 6 (after this week), It may only take one good win v Villa for the likes of Hazard, Costa, Fab etc to fire up. They have not become terrible players and with everybody (or most) going for Pelle, Lukaku, Sanchez (who may not even play) etc then going against the grain somewhat with a big hitting Chelsea player may not be the worst tactic in the world.

Pelle is away at Liverpool next week, Lukaku at Arsenal, Chelsea play West Ham, I would argue that this week and next, Hazard and Costa have better fixtures than those players who are being picked en masse. Not saying I will be brave enough myself, but at some point Chelsea will find form.

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bertie64 »

Gambit wrote:
Bertie64 wrote:
I agree, almost.

Although Chelsea have been shocking they will surely turn it round at some point (I think), the upcoming games for Chelsea are not too bad with Stoke, Norwich, Bournemouth in their next 6 (after this week), It may only take one good win v Villa for the likes of Hazard, Costa, Fab etc to fire up. They have not become terrible players and with everybody (or most) going for Pelle, Lukaku, Sanchez (who may not even play) etc then going against the grain somewhat with a big hitting Chelsea player may not be the worst tactic in the world.

Pelle is away at Liverpool next week, Lukaku at Arsenal, Chelsea play West Ham, I would argue that this week and next, Hazard and Costa have better fixtures than those players who are being picked en masse. Not saying I will be brave enough myself, but at some point Chelsea will find form.
Yup. That's what I mean. At the bottom of all the ifs, buts and maybes there is always the possibility that it pays off.
Without something more positive than hope and the belief that they must turn it around at some point, however, it is a bit of a punt.
I also think that Chelsea will/must turn it around, and when they really look like they have I will be all over them. I just think there a better options out there, with more to back it up, right now. But if you are after a punt there are plenty of worse ones than Chelsea players.
The situation with Hazard and Costa is not the same as Aguero and Sanchez at the start of the season.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Still have Hazard, and considering Azpi as a Kolarov replacement.

Could just be blind faith, but I'm sure they'll turn it around soon. Hopefully starting with this weekend.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Costa had a month of tailored fitness training.

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bertie64 »

math! wrote:Costa had a month of tailored fitness training.
By 'tailored' do you mean they let the seams out?
:)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”