To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Everton players

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Everton players

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Before the season began the consensus seemed to be to avoid Everton players because of their 'awful' run of fixtures in the first 10 GWs. Well 8 weeks in they are only 2 points off 4th place, Lukaku is the 3rd highest scoring forward and Howard the 4th highest GK. Barkley has also scored well. This despite having 3 of their first choice defenders out injured the last couple of weeks.

If they maintain their form they could be very handily placed by Christmas (although this season is so upside-down who knows). Is anyone planning to double or even triple up on Everton players in the next few weeks?

I've just bought in Jagielka (a bit earlier than I intended) but downgrading from Cresswell released sufficient funds to get Sanchez in and plan to do Martial to Lukaku at some point in the next month.

muldoon
FISOhead
FS Record: many years playing TFF, still learning the FPL ropes

Re: Everton players

Post by muldoon »

Always planned to bring in Coleman from 1st Nov, recent form and those oh so tasty fixtures means Lukaku replacing Martial from the same date is very tempting.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Baines at 6.2 also now :o

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'm going to be going with Barkley plus Lukaku from GW11 methinks. Though if Gomis continues shedding cash at his current rate then affording that move might be a little trickier. :?

The current attacking totals are perhaps a tiny bit flattering of their recent form, but I expect real returns in that 10-12 game super-fixtures run - a huge proportion the combined points amassed by Lukaku/Barkley have actually come from the opening two 'better' fixtures (Watford at home and then away to what turned out to be a hopeless initial Southampton side). Lukaku (about who the folklaw is that he performs in the big games but not the easy ones) has actually been a bit of a easy fixture bully in the run, blanking in the tougher games and scoring against WBA, Watford and an all over the place Southampton side. Less said about the defending for the goal yesterday the better. :lol:

Lukaku actually seemed a fairly popular temporary option to start the season with on FISO whilst the likes of Aguero/Sanchez etc were not fully fit - with some talk of him being a good GW1 captaincy option - but I seem to remember was a big injury doubt for GW1 so pretty much everyone looked elsewhere. :(

It still wouldn't make sense to bring any of their assets in for the two game run of (MUN, ars) imo, especially a defender. Their defensive points totals or background numbers are not really up there at all anyway - Jags is only the 16th highest points scoring defender so far and is not cheap, the next best is Stones all the way down at 31st. Howard is high up on the back of some decent save points/bonus, not really because of defensive excellence (3 CSs in 8 in pretty middling) - it's really because of how badly all the defenses have done this season. We've had 5 CSs in the last 20 PL games now!

On a side note, with regards to Howard, it goes to show you that even at a cut price the top tier goalkeepers still don't appear the way to go - despite only keeping 3 CSs Howard is easily ahead of Hart, who has kept a league high 5 (albeit from one game less). Butland is only four points behind Hart despite only keeping one CS all season!
snakzz wrote:Baines at 6.2 also now :o
Really cheap now indeed. However, even though Mirallas isn't in the team stealing any potential freekicks from him I would guess Barkley would have stolen them now. Given that pens have moved to Lukaku I wouldn't be sure there's much value left in Baines, even at a relatively low 6.2m. :(

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

I've had Lukaku from the start because fixtures don't bloody matter when you have the skillset he has.

Plan on bringing in an Everton defender after the Arsenal game, leaning towards Jagielka but might splash on Coleman if the mood strikes me :)

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Bought Jagielka in 2 weeks ago with spare funds, and Barkley last week for Shaqiri. Lukaku will be coming in shortly to complete my hattrick of Everton players

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Lukaku if something happens to Martial. Will be getting Barkley and maybe Coleman.

pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pdhmobile »

I have begovic at the minute, need i say more so i am thinking of swapping him for Howard. Lukaku will probably appear at some point as well, more than likely for martial. Ill have to plan these changes carefully though..........

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Have lukaku taken pens from Baines?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

snakzz wrote:Have lukaku taken pens from Baines?
As far as we know, yes.

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

As most, I am looking at Lukaku and Barkley for their juicy run. Way short for a straight Leicester :arrow: Everton swap, but will see whether one of Mahrez/Vardy is worth keeping and how Payet/Pellè fare by then.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

sunnO)))jihai wrote:As most, I am looking at Lukaku and Barkley for their juicy run. Way short for a straight Leicester :arrow: Everton swap, but will see whether one of Mahrez/Vardy is worth keeping and how Payet/Pellè fare by then.
Sounds like mine plan to.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

Didn't realise they had such a good run, will def double up on them.

Probably a defender and Barkley or Lukaku. Lukaku would mean dropping Vardy, Barkley I'd have to lose Ayew, Mahrez or Mane.

Tough choices....

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

It's always been the plan to get one or two of them in from GW11 onwards. If they can perform this admirably against the so-called better teams, then that run really does look ripe for returns. As with most I assume, Barkley and Lukaku will be prime targets.

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

Anyone know how much longer Baines and Coleman will be missing. Currently on wildcard and am looking at a punt on either Galloway or Browning (Although next two fixtures don't look that appealing)

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

Gameweek 11 will be drafting in Lukaku, Barkley and one of the defensive options. They should really be hitting top spot in the league (briefly) with that run of fixtures.

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

redcat1 wrote:Anyone know how much longer Baines and Coleman will be missing. Currently on wildcard and am looking at a punt on either Galloway or Browning (Although next two fixtures don't look that appealing)
I'd like to draft either in for their affordability.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Vincent Black Shadow wrote:
redcat1 wrote:Anyone know how much longer Baines and Coleman will be missing. Currently on wildcard and am looking at a punt on either Galloway or Browning (Although next two fixtures don't look that appealing)
I'd like to draft either in for their affordability.
I'm sure Coleman is due back next gw and baines soon after most annoying

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Regarding Baines, the best info we have currently is from The Username (you can definitely trust what he says about Everton). A week or two back he said this, so unless something has changed Baines should be back soon:
The Username wrote:Everton are hopefull of Baines returning either for the Utd game GW 9 or Arsenal game GW 10.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Aguero :arrow: Lukaku :cry:

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Toying with bringing in Barkley in this week, earlier than intended (GW11) due to his form over the international break. Never all that impressed with Uniteds defence, either. Problem is it's him, or Mane, and if he plays well vs United, his price will shoot up ahead of GW11...

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Mav3rick wrote:Regarding Baines, the best info we have currently is from The Username (you can definitely trust what he says about Everton). A week or two back he said this, so unless something has changed Baines should be back soon:
The Username wrote:Everton are hopefull of Baines returning either for the Utd game GW 9 or Arsenal game GW 10.
He is back in fitness training now and is chomping at the bit to get back, technically he's building up strength and conditioning in his recovery at the mo. If there was no other alternative I would expect to see him GW 9 or 10 fitness wise.

But Martinez isn't keen to rush him back, overall they have been surprised by the performeces of Galloway at LB, current feeling is he deserves to keep his place presently and it makes sense to ease Baines back to full fitness, so it could be mid Nov before we see Baines get in and Galloway dropping out. But if I was thinking of bringing him I would be keeping a close eye on GW 9 onwards.

There is more then just the injury at play here now given Galloways performances - he will eventually be Stones replacement, so his need for PL expierence is important. Baines will come back in though just a matter of when, so wouldn't consider Galloway long term.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

But carrying 3 non-first choice defenders isn't big or clever? (It cost them the derby, imho, as Everton do not look the same going forward without the marauding full backs....)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Not that any of them are on my radar as of this moment, but just out of interest how has Everton's makeshift defence fared this season generally? I can't say I've taken all that much notice, outside of the brief highlights on MOTD..

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Notned wrote:Not that any of them are on my radar as of this moment, but just out of interest how has Everton's makeshift defence fared this season generally? I can't say I've taken all that much notice, outside of the brief highlights on MOTD..
Conceded 8 in 8 with 3 clean sheets (all away from home - Southampton, Tottenham and Swansea) from a tricky set of fixtures. Watford at home first game of the season was probably the easiest on paper and they conceded twice.

Galloway and Coleman both have 1 assist whilst Stones, Coleman and Jagielka have 9 BPs between them.

PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Post by PitchBookMaker »

The Username wrote:There is more then just the injury at play here now given Galloways performances - he will eventually be Stones replacement, so his need for PL expierence is important.
Are you suggesting Stones is leaving the club soon?

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

Anyone changing Aguero to Lukaku? They still have 2 difficult games but I think he's capable of scoring against them.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Probably looking to bring in a defender in the next few gwks possibly Coleman but with injuries forcing my hand, Lukaku in now and a defender Jagielka, Stones or Coleman later. Barkley is the other obvious candidate but competing with so many others currently popular and in form. Mahrez looks to be on stony ground and he might have to go shortly.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

JoonaR16 wrote:Anyone changing Aguero to Lukaku? They still have 2 difficult games but I think he's capable of scoring against them.
Probably Vardy to Lukaku in two weeks, for me.

Coleman and Barkley also interest me after the next two.
Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Notned wrote:Not that any of them are on my radar as of this moment, but just out of interest how has Everton's makeshift defence fared this season generally? I can't say I've taken all that much notice, outside of the brief highlights on MOTD..
Conceded 8 in 8 with 3 clean sheets (all away from home - Southampton, Tottenham and Swansea) from a tricky set of fixtures. Watford at home first game of the season was probably the easiest on paper and they conceded twice.

Galloway and Coleman both have 1 assist whilst Stones, Coleman and Jagielka have 9 BPs between them.
Thanks for the info mate. Maybe I'll look elsewhere for an outlandish captaincy option this week then :wink:

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

I bought Jags in earlier in the week as part of a plan to free up money for Sanchez. A little bit earlier than I intended but on current form he may well batch Cresswell who I took out. I'm probably then going to bring in Lukaku for Aguero (still trying to decide between him and Pelle). I think 2 Everton is enough, but hopefully these two will be good for the duration of their good fixtures.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”