To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sergio Aguero Triple Captain for Bournemouth H?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

If you have Aguero, will you treble captain him against Bournemouth?

Yes
11%
No
89%

Total votes: 62

Shiv7
Kevin and Perry

Sergio Aguero Triple Captain for Bournemouth H?

Post by Shiv7 »

Many say that treble captain should be saved for a DGW but would it really be worth it if say those fixtures for instance are away to Stoke and home to Chelsea?

You just never know who a team could face so with Aguero back in the goals and against a promoted side at home are some considering doing so?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Sergio Aguero Triple Captain for Bournemouth H?

Post by Gambit »

the way stoke and especially Chelsea have been conceding that would be a dream DGW :)

it's a good option and you would fancy him to score (possibly a brace) but it's being saved for a DGW for me.

lightspeed
Treebeard

Post by lightspeed »

Clearly a DGW is still the right time statistically. Whether it turns out to be the right decision remains to be seen.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Lots of people used trip capt on Aguero when he played Watford, and ended up blanking with 6 points.

I'm waiting but each to their own

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

cesc408 wrote:Lots of people used trip capt on Aguero when he played Watford, and ended up blanking with 6 points.

I'm waiting but each to their own
that's the key for me, any player, even the big guns can blank at any time, with a DGW you get two bites at the cherry, don't think I'm brave enough to use it on a single GW

The Dazzler
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 9th overall in FPL 2005/06, 50th 2010/11, 288th 2014/15

Post by The Dazzler »

lightspeed wrote:Clearly a DGW is still the right time statistically. Whether it turns out to be the right decision remains to be seen.
It is the right time statistically and it is also the right decision.
I think you mean whether 'it is the best result', remains to be seen? It is unlikely to be the best result now as it doesn't seem likely that he'll score better than 25 pts in any GW, even a DGW. But that's fine. We can't expect to get the best result all the time. We can only reasonably expect to make the best decision.

timao1
Treebeard

Post by timao1 »

Is a DGW always guaranteed every season?

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

timao1 wrote:Is a DGW always guaranteed every season?
It's as good as guaranteed this season with the FA Cup quarter finals scheduled on a Premier League weekend. So unless the 8 FA Cup quarter finalists and League Cup finalists are all from the Championship or lower...

Good article here:

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2 ... -planning/

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

timao1 wrote:Is a DGW always guaranteed every season?

Yep, but points certainly are not.

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

Im waiting for DGW, blanking the triple C is a great fear...

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Surely the bench boost is the no. 1 chip for a DGW, with the triple captain only used if there's a second DGW?
I hadn't realised the FA Cup QFs were back to being on a prem weekend so the chances of 2 DGWs are pretty good.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

I was about to write up some analysis of which games are likely to be moved due to the league cup final and the FA Cup but that article summarises most of it anyway.

Key dates:

League cup final - 28h February - GW27 - likely to be 2 postponements

FA Cup 6th round - 12th March - GW30 - could be up to 8 postponements (as that article notes there would have been 6 last season even with Chelsea and Man City's unexpectedly early exits).

FA Cup semi finals - 23rd/24th April - GW35 - could be up to 4 postponements.

It obviously depends on various teams progress through the cups, but note that GW27 is meant to feature Newcastle v Man City, and GW30 Norwich v Man City. Either or both of those could be one half of a double game week.

Likewise Arsenal have West Brom (H) in GW30 and Sunderland (A) in GW35.

You may well end up with an easy game and a hard game in a double gameweek but my conclusion would be that this is still better than just a single game, so long as your favourite player is in reasonable form. In other words, why triple captain Aguero for Bournemouth at home when you might be able to get him away to Norwich AND away to Chelsea as an extra(per that article), or away to Newcastle AND another random fixture.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

The trouble with DGW's is players not playing both matches, so this idea will help counter that - but Capt's may not get two full matches......

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

BobMem wrote:Surely the bench boost is the no. 1 chip for a DGW, with the triple captain only used if there's a second DGW?
I hadn't realised the FA Cup QFs were back to being on a prem weekend so the chances of 2 DGWs are pretty good.
Don't agree I think the triple captain is the best.
Assembling team with more than 11 DGW players will be possible and desirable if there are a lot of re-arranged games in one week but very hard! You'd need to use your wildcard a week ahead to achieve that and then you are left to pick up the remnants after that. Is something people will aim to do ahead of GW34 or GW37 to try and get a jackpot that week?

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Shiv7 wrote:Many say that treble captain should be saved for a DGW but would it really be worth it if say those fixtures for instance are away to Stoke and home to Chelsea?
Stoke and Chelsea have two of the worst defenses in the league. Stoke in particular are terrible. So I think that woudl actually be an awesome DGW lineup!

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

blahblah wrote:The trouble with DGW's is players not playing both matches, so this idea will help counter that - but Capt's may not get two full matches......
And Aguero might not get a start coming back from an international fixture. Unexpected rests are always a risk and there is not a ton you can do about it.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Re: RE: Re: Sergio Aguero Triple Captain for Bournemouth H?

Post by BobMem »

OIEIAO wrote:
BobMem wrote:Surely the bench boost is the no. 1 chip for a DGW, with the triple captain only used if there's a second DGW?
Don't agree I think the triple captain is the best.
Assembling team with more than 11 DGW players will be possible and desirable if there are a lot of re-arranged games in one week but very hard! You'd need to use your wildcard a week ahead to achieve that and then you are left to pick up the remnants after that. Is something people will aim to do ahead of GW34 or GW37 to try and get a jackpot that week?
Actually doesn't experience say you more commonly end up benching single GW players with reasonable fixtures to play punty doublers? The bench boost means you can play both groups, and is of course best saved for when you have a team full of guaranteed starters.
Triple captain = one player extra scored (although admittedly your best pick)
Bench boost = 4 players extra scored (although likely to be your least good picks.

Can you imagine the stress when Aguero goes down clutching his hammy 5 minutes into a triple captain double gameweek?!

owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Post by owenclass »

I think it is probably too late to use your Triple captain as he wont score five goals again

Detroit City FC
Treebeard

Post by Detroit City FC »

I think BobMen might be onto something. It really depends on the strength of your bench and quality of fixtures. A triple captain is probably worth 10-14 pts. It's not unreasonable to say that the Bench Boost for some teams will have a high EV. Looking at my current team, Triple Captain would be my first pick since my high bench score so far is 9 points. I've got a 2 pointer 5th mid and defenders with crap fixtures on the bench every week however by the time the DGWs come into focus I'm likely to develop a transfer strategy with the aim of building a team that would prefer Bench Boost to Triple Captain.

I am definitely saving both until the later stages of the season. Hopefully there will be two DGWs to make the decision a bit easier!

Getting back on topic, I hope a lot of managers waste their Triple Captain this week as I think it's pretty unlikely Aguero gets 90 minutes if he even starts.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

owenclass wrote:I think it is probably too late to use your Triple captain as he wont score five goals again
I wouldn't put it past him, although maybe not straight away next gw. Then again, I can't put that past him either. :D

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

owenclass wrote:I think it is probably too late to use your Triple captain as he wont score five goals again
As some have said, in a double gameweek, he could get two braces in two matches, or a hattrick and a brace, or...you get the point

Its very possible that he can get the equivalent of the 50 points he got this week, over two games

Even if he only scores one each game, you're still going to get a decent haul out of him

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Only scores a goal a game?

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Doesn't sound to me like many of the forum members will triple captain him this week, but I think a lot of the casual players will. Tempted in by the 5 goals in previous fixture, good fixture this gameweek, and won't give a second's thought to a double gameweek down the line.

Maybe it will boost the casual players, knock the 'thinkers' down the rankings a bit for this week. Not too bothered about that in the short term. Will be a bit more wary of anyone around me in my mini league playing it...

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

JVRB48 wrote:Doesn't sound to me like many of the forum members will triple captain him this week, but I think a lot of the casual players will.
... if they haven't already played it. Anyone got any data on that?

patrickdrd
Treebeard

Post by patrickdrd »

JVRB48 wrote:Doesn't sound to me like many of the forum members will triple captain him this week, but I think a lot of the casual players will. Tempted in by the 5 goals in previous fixture, good fixture this gameweek, and won't give a second's thought to a double gameweek down the line.

Maybe it will boost the casual players, knock the 'thinkers' down the rankings a bit for this week. Not too bothered about that in the short term. Will be a bit more wary of anyone around me in my mini league playing it...
next week that is, this week is an international break, so you and others posting here better get a break and get a life

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Single game week, after a trip to Argentina and Paraguay? No thanks.

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

I hope some eff already played this chip!

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Vincent Black Shadow wrote:I hope some eff already played this chip!
You can just cancel it before the start of a gameweek.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Are you sure? I don't believe you can.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

You can change your captain, but can not retract playing your chip, I believe.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”