To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Rodgers Sacking and the Liverpool 'assets'

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Notned
FISO Knight

Rodgers Sacking and the Liverpool 'assets'

Post by Notned »

So it was coming, and not before time many will add.

My question is, how does it affect the appeal of some of their players as FPL prospects?

I'd imagine part of it is a reaction to the pressure Mourinho is under, to try and ensure Klopp isn't snatched from under their noses. The squad isn't great on paper, granted, but Klopp would probably improve it's potential ten-fold..

Does Rodgers and his nonsensical tactics leaving bring any players back on the radar (Benteke?) or make you second guess removing any (Gomez?), or is it a case of as you were?

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Re: Rodgers Sacking and the Liverpool 'assets'

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I think it puts questions marks over some players selection, perhaps even the majority.

I'm surprised it's gone this way, as in Ings and Milner I think he brought in some solid characters into the dressing room and Benteke is a proven Premier League striker. I've backed Liverpool fairly heavily in FPL this season, and it hasn't gone brilliantly, let's just see who the new manager is before we conclude what will happen.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

All a bit of a reset really. The likes of Coutinho and Sturridge should be safe. As for the others, well who knows at this point!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

The usual idea is to sort out the defence, so Mig - but not a clue which defenders will be playing.

The big problem is the lack of a cohesive plan re the 1st XI and back up players, with a lack of like for like replacements - and I don't mean mediocre for mediocre before any wag gets in the easy gag.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Bad news for Moreno I'd say. Any new manager is probably fairly unlikely to persist with 343. :(

Could put Benteke back on the radar though. Let's all hope for Klopp, he would be a great addition to the league.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I've got Clyne, surely he is the one of the defenders who should be nailed?

Whether he's worth 5.5m is more my worry at the moment. :lol:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:I've got Clyne, surely he is the one of the defenders who should be nailed?

Whether he's worth 5.5m is more my worry at the moment. :lol:
Yes, Clyne should be considered first choice by any new manager I think.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

He might be a bit short for Allardyce?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Maybe Gomez owners should wait a week or two before they get rid, Moreno is not a natural defender.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

blahblah wrote:He might be a bit short for Allardyce?
:lol: I think that's more realistic that Klopp tbh :?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

gallus wrote:Maybe Gomez owners should wait a week or two before they get rid, Moreno is not a natural defender.
I think that's a fair point, but Gomez is also not a natural left back. I think I would put off a hit and cross my fingers, but if I had no other pressing transfers then a switch still looks sensible.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

gallus wrote:Maybe Gomez owners should wait a week or two before they get rid, Moreno is not a natural defender.
That's what I was getting at, really. Made me second guess the rush to get rid.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Being serious: I wouldn't be surprised if Roman got Klopp in this week.

Then it is Ancelotti, or Jose from the top table - unless I have forgotten someone.

After that who is there?

(And guess who sold Gomez this GW.)

RussellFC
Cheetah

Post by RussellFC »

Hearing rumours it'll be Ancelotti

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:
I think that's a fair point, but Gomez is also not a natural left back. I think I would put off a hit and cross my fingers, but if I had no other pressing transfers then a switch still looks sensible.
Well he doesn't look close to dropping anyway, so maybe can be left for a little while, to give any injuries in the international break a chance to take precedence first.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Planning on swapping Skrtel out of my team. Poor form and tougher fixtures coming up, it's time to go.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Rodgers is a clown, the sacking will benefit most Liverpool players, the only possible concern would be those with Sturridge or Benteke, not sure they would work as a pair. But I suppose that would have been a problem whoever is manager.

Arseshavin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arseshavin »

Moreno > Gomez

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Stemania wrote:Bad news for Moreno I'd say. Any new manager is probably fairly unlikely to persist with 343. :(

Could put Benteke back on the radar though. Let's all hope for Klopp, he would be a great addition to the league.
Benteke has never been off the radar. He's only not playing because he's injured.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

I have a few fires I need to put out in my defence, Gomez being one of them. Was planning on selling him this week and I'm not gonna change that plan just because Rodgers has gone as I don't see the new manager picking him either.

It surprised me that he was being being selected ahead of Moreno and even Enrique at the start of the season. He may have promise but he doesn't seem quite ready yet at this level and has looked dodgy.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Lallana? Can in midfield?

Subsonic
FISOhead

Post by Subsonic »

The majority of Rodgers signings should be wary of any new manager, in particular:- Milner, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Llanana,Can, and Henderson. All of limited ability and bought for vastly inflated prices. None would attract the fee they were bought for.Goodbye and good riddance.

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

Probably the British players that will lose out

umistboy
Treebeard

Post by umistboy »

Henderson was bought by Dalglish not Rodgers

Subsonic
FISOhead

Post by Subsonic »

My mistake, but Kenny didn't make him the captain. In fact, Rodgers wanted to use Henderson as a makeweight to sign a Fulham striker a few years ago but he refused to go so he could remain on the same money. He is crap.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Some may disagree with me, but they need to bring in a non British foreigner who is arrogant enough to adopt and play their own style and not feel pressured to play the 'English way'.

The game has evolved to far for that these days.

Hodgson, ol' Kenny, Rogers. See a pattern?

They need a title winning manager who knows how to win, not a manager who previously managed lower level clubs who played to grind out results in an attempt to ensure PL safety (ie. Hodgson's Fulham and Roger's Swansea).

Until then all Liverpool players are permanently banned from my team starting with a Coutinho to Mane transfer right now!

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Subsonic wrote:My mistake, but Kenny didn't make him the captain. In fact, Rodgers wanted to use Henderson as a makeweight to sign a Fulham striker a few years ago but he refused to go so he could remain on the same money. He is crap.
Kenny didn't make him captain because he was a young unproven kid when he signed him, and regardless of that, no one was going to be made captain whilst Stevie was still around.

I was never a huge fan of Henderson, but the last two seasons he has matured and improved out of sight.

The only Liverpool player who can claim to of consistently improved each season.

Sadly that can't be said for much of their squad.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Subsonic wrote:The majority of Rodgers signings should be wary of any new manager, in particular:- Milner, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Llanana,Can, and Henderson. All of limited ability and bought for vastly inflated prices. None would attract the fee they were bought for.Goodbye and good riddance.
James Milner has been a consistent player in two title winners as well as the England national team. He isn't a star, but there is not enough talent in the Liverpool roster to keep him from starting the majority of the time. Who are you going to play in central midfield? Joe Allen? Come on.

I would guess Coutinho, Sturridge, Milner and Henderson will be common starters with whomever comes in. Skrtel too, simply because Lovren is shit (I would start Sakho but he does have some limitations too). Clyne is also far superior to his competition so should be a shoe in. The rest are up in the air IMO.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

NoEyeDeer wrote:Some may disagree with me, but they need to bring in a non British foreigner who is arrogant enough to adopt and play their own style and not feel pressured to play the 'English way'.
As opposed to a British foreigner?
Hodgson, ol' Kenny, Rogers. See a pattern?

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

:lol:

Sign him up!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”