To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW9 Transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Re: GW9 Transfers

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

Curmudgeon wrote:
wibble_mcwoo wrote:A little bit tempted to do:

Pedro to KDB
Zouma to £4.6m

As ever, I can't find a single cheap defender worth it (already have Francis, Prodl, Martin). I know Everton's immediate fixtures are terrible, but is Galloway a solid bet in Baines' absence?

If Vardy were properly injured, I could gamble on Zouma coming straight back into the team, and drop Vardy down to Ighalo, but I'm not sure I'd wish for that.
Baines is apparently likely to return soon after the international break. Although he could break down again of course.

And Vardy didn't look like he was very injured in the last five minutes.
Well that's all highly inconvenient. I'll have to stalk the cheap defender thread, I suppose.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I think I will go for:

Cresswell :arrow: Davies
Ayew :arrow: KDB (-4)

KDB is starting to look like a pick and leave premium, along with Sánchez and Agüero. Ayew looks like a good pick, getting in the box regularly, however is still easily the most dispensable of my midfielders; Coutinho stays and I'll take a minus 4 to start downgrading my defence, transfers that I probably want to do over the next few weeks anyway.
Mav3rick wrote:I wonder - would it be crazy to ditch Kolarov and go into Silva and KDB?
I think it's a little overzealous, but will definitely be a good move if City win 6-1 every week. :D

Personally I wouldn't want to move Kolarov out until Clichy is definitely going to be fit, and I also think it's slightly questionable as to whether Silva will be worth 10m. I'm actually wondering how you can have Agüero, Sánchez, Silva and KDB! I know it's possible, but might leave you a bit short of cash in other areas.

Isalla
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Isalla »

Ayew -> Mata or KdB, don't know yet.

If Vardy is injured, which is not likely, then switch to either Ighalo or Pelle will be priority

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Several ppl wanting to get rid of Ayew, Including myself.

Yet to play this GW but should he grab a couple of goals things may change

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Pedro out - choices are Mane, Mata or Sanchez for a 4 point hit (involving a Cresswell downgrade). Completely stumped as to which of these I should do.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

I have Sagna, Muniesa, Targett and Evans, yet getting rid of Pedro is my (heart over head) priority.

My defensive frailty doesn't seem to have hurt me the past 2 weeks, given the lack of cleansheets on offer - just hoping it continues for a couple more weeks.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Bertrand looking tasty at 5.3mil for those like me who need some defensive upgrades. Hmmmm.

twhelan22
Treebeard

Post by twhelan22 »

payet --> mane done
thinking martial --> pelle
possibly clyne --> bertrand

lol -8
definitely crazy but I want 3 southampton for the next few weeks and can't wait to get rid of clyne
probably will only do a -4 eventually as it seems a bit stupid to take a hit for a defender, although also have muniesa so def have issues at the back..
if martial plays well I might just do clyne --> bertrand instead of getting pelle in

obviously payet has been scoring points but imo west ham are bad
I think he is a great player but has been overachieving massively in terms of fantasy points imo

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Ayew to Mane most likely.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Redmond :arrow: KDB done

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

I want Mane but a decent chance he'll be benched in the next match and the one after that is tough. Think I will hold off Mane for now.

Looking for a replacement for Gomez then. Who has a good run of fixtures? Jaanmat possibly.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Valeron wrote:I want Mane but a decent chance he'll be benched in the next match and the one after that is tough. Think I will hold off Mane for now.

Looking for a replacement for Gomez then. Who has a good run of fixtures? Jaanmat possibly.
Janmaat, Davies, Naughton, Cedric/Bertrand, Dawson

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

If Gomis and Ayew blank again then I'll probably get in Mane and Ighalo for a 4pt hit to restructure my team a little. If by some miracle they do something then I'll probably hold.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Valeron wrote:I want Mane but a decent chance he'll be benched in the next match and the one after that is tough. Think I will hold off Mane for now.

What makes you think Mane will be benched? I think his current form and consistency means he's nailed on for the next few at least. He just dismantled the current champions.

And why would you want to bring in Janmaat considering how poor NEW are at the back? Yes he offers an attacking threat, but is it substantial enough to counter the fact NEW will probably not keep a CS this season?

I know good defenders are hard to find this season, but I'd rather spend a little more on Naughton, Bertrand, Walker and Dawson as Blue Fire stated, as they offer a similar attacking threat, but also play for teams that are much more likely to chip in with the odd CS every now and then.

I'd even consider a cheaper Watford defender or Francis at BOU for 4.5mil before I picked Janmaat. I just don't see the added value at 4.9mil in Janmaat over the alternatives.

My personal pick will be Bertrand, as if he can replicate last seasons efforts again, he'll be a steal at 5.3mil.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Apparently Mane tends to be benched after the internationals due to the amount of travelling.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

NoEyeDeer wrote:Bertrand looking tasty at 5.3mil for those like me who need some defensive upgrades. Hmmmm.
cesc408 wrote:Bertrand has made some decent runs this game. Thinking maybe him in for Azpi.

Mane to consider as well but don't think I can make the room
Mentioned it previously. Made plenty off, off the ball runs up the left side and at 5.3 seems could be decent value now he's back fit.

Would be swapping for Cresswell. Currently around 80ish percent for a rise, not sure it will happen though :/

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

GW9 transfers. Hmmm. I have a potential 8 of my 15 squad not playing. Wilson is my intended transfer this week. Diouf was stretchered off. Evans hamstring. Gomez, Redmond, McCarthy, Mahrez and Targett dropped, albeit I hope a couple temporarily. I think from a value point of view, this could be quite bad. Might need 2 or 3 transfers; now it's where to start! Advice, please...??!!

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

May have to be a -8 but then it's got to be soon because I'm zero funds to do it. Diouf to Pelle, Wilson to Jerome and Gomez to Davies (I need that 0.1mn). -8s are a killer though, I've never had one pay off. And knowing my luck, Diouf's hip injury was a fake to avoid the internationals (!) and he'll be back next gameweek and bag a brace. Then simultaneously, Davies will lose his place to Rose and Jerome his place to Mbokani (who just scored!).

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Sutter Kane wrote:GW9 transfers. Hmmm. I have a potential 8 of my 15 squad not playing. Wilson is my intended transfer this week. Diouf was stretchered off. Evans hamstring. Gomez, Redmond, McCarthy, Mahrez and Targett dropped, albeit I hope a couple temporarily. I think from a value point of view, this could be quite bad. Might need 2 or 3 transfers; now it's where to start! Advice, please...??!!
I'd not worry at all about
Evans - Two weeks to recover and first choice when fit.
Mahrez - He will start next week I'm sure.
McCarthy - Sub keeper? I only play one keeper anyway.
Targett - Can stay rooted to the bench anyway.

I would be more concerned about

Diouf
Gomez
Redmond

In that order. Vardy must be on the wish list for Diouf I'd have thought, although maybe you want to sell both Diouf and Redmond and re-distribute funds?

Edit - oh Wilson too? Blimey that is a bad run of injuries/drops.

Diouf,
Wilson,
Gomez,
Redmond

Then. I think the strikers are certainly the priorty, can you field a 3 man defence without touching Gomez or Targett (assuming Evans is fit)?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yes I can field Kolarov, Naughton and Evans. I agree with all of that. Not worried about McCarthy and Targett. Or Gomez really. But I need to ditch Gomez ahead of Redmond I think. I feel starts for Redmond are there and he is a great sub too. (in real life!)

So you reckon my 3 transfer punt is worth a try, will have to be very soon though? Good point about Vardy - don't like his next 3 games though. Would only require 2 transfers and it's one of those where I feel I missed the boat (the pen was cos Mahrez wasn't there)
Last edited by Sutter Kane on 04 Oct 2015, 10:24, edited 1 time in total.

Stower79
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Previously placed Top 20 Sun DreamTeam, Top 20 TFF, TFF Divisional winner, Top 500 FPL

Post by Stower79 »

A few things for me to consider this gameweek.

GK situation - with McCarthy not playing and Lindegaard waiting in the wings for WBA, I am concerned I may not have a playing GK for gameweek 9. My guess is Myhill will probably remain as No 1 but it may be a good time to upgrade McCarthy to have a back-up to Myhill.

Defenders - I'd quite like an upgrade on Huth as Leicester do not look like they have lots of clean sheets in them. However, I note they defended a bit better yesterday.

Ayew - I'll see how he gets on against Spurs but he could be another poor return away from being taken out.

I may look to replace Ayew by either swapping for a similar price range player (one player really stands out as a replacement) or downgrading to a budget option with a view to upgrading a striker in a few weeks (again another option stands out). But my GK situation may be a more pressing concern this week.

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

Will wait for injury news on Reid, Evans, Vardy and see how Gomis does today, but potential moves are:

Reid :arrow: Bertrand
Gomis :arrow: Pellè

Gomis has decent fixtures in 9 & 10, so a direct switch to Lukaku for his run is also tempting. However, if I downgrade Reid to say, Janmaat, I should have enough cash to get him in alongside Pellè (for Vardy).

Agüero, Lukaku, Pellè? I like the sound of it.

McCarthy, Targett and Schmeichel (no CS yet) can wait for now.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Sutter Kane - I wouldn't worry too much about Redmond for now. He looked very lively when he came on and they'll be under huge pressure to give him starts after failing to beat Leicester.

Wilson out as number one priority with Diouf not far behind depending on his injury.
Last edited by Sammy the Crab on 04 Oct 2015, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Sammy the Crab wrote:Sutter Kane - I wouldn't worry too much about Redmond for now. He looked very lively when he came on and they'll be under huge pressure to give him starts after failing to beat Norwich.

Wilson out as number one priority with Diouf not far behind depending on his injury.
Doesn't Redmond play for Norwich? Can't beat up on a team for failing to beat itself. :wink:

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
Sammy the Crab wrote:Sutter Kane - I wouldn't worry too much about Redmond for now. He looked very lively when he came on and they'll be under huge pressure to give him starts after failing to beat Norwich.

Doesn't Redmond play for Norwich? Can't beat up on a team for failing to beat itself. :wink:
Yeah he's been generally impressive this season. I cannot understand the lack of starts. (I know what you meant STC!)

I'm sure others who are in a similar predicament feel that if one doesn't address a few problems in one go, you could end up with 9-10 men every week for a few weeks. The Diouf situation is particularly irritating again, not knowing if he's long term injured.

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

After a discussion in a different thread, did Pedro :arrow: Mane just now.

I will wait and see if I need to take a hit to upgrade one of my defenders before the next round (depending on injuries and price drops).

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Redmond => Payet a few gw's ago was one of my better transfers.

I think he's too expensive to have question marks on his game time, especially if you have Mahrez as well, and we start seeing a similar scenario with him.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

Senegal play on Tuesday so I assume Mane will be travelling back on Wednesday. Rest day on Thursday, train Friday and play Saturday.

Doubt Mane will be benched.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

SFC_Fan wrote:Senegal play on Tuesday so I assume Mane will be travelling back on Wednesday. Rest day on Thursday, train Friday and play Saturday.

Doubt Mane will be benched.
I hope you're right, but during the last break, Senegal played on Tuesday 8th September, and Mane was benched on Saturday 12th.

Edit: actually I just looked at fixtures. Senegal have three games during this break, the last of them being on Thursday 15th?

http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/senegal/senegal/1941/

Edit 2: Mane won't play the Thursday 15th game because only home-based players play that competition, I think.

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

African Nations Championship games are on the 16th and 23rd, but surely he will be back to play for Southampton instead? The media would have reported if he was out for the next game due to international obligations...or FPL would have flagged him...right?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”