To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Yaya Toure Injury?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Shiv7
Kevin and Perry

Yaya Toure Injury?

Post by Shiv7 »

Got subbed off at Spurs and again today in Germany at half time, anyone know whether it was tactical or has his hamstring gone again?

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Re: Yaya Toure Injury?

Post by bloggie »

'Pellegrini added that midfielders Yaya Toure and David Silva, who had both been troubled by injuries in the build-up to the game, were substituted because they were not 100 per cent.'

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

He looked awful before the sub. Fernandinho was a much better "yaya" when released to go forward than Toure was. I would be a bit surprised if yaya started on the weekend based upon that performance.

Omarz14
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Omarz14 »

SuperGrover wrote:He looked awful before the sub. Fernandinho was a much better "yaya" when released to go forward than Toure was. I would be a bit surprised if yaya started on the weekend based upon that performance.
No way...Yaya is not that type of player who is dropped due to lack of form.

profart
Treebeard

Post by profart »

Omarz14 wrote:No way...Yaya is not that type of player who is dropped due to lack of form.
Omarz14,

Why do you say that? I'm not disagreeing with you, but would like to hear your opinion. When players get old, their legs are gone and the pace of the game gets to them. For some, this wall comes sooner rather than later. Yaya's not a young man anymore and he looks like he can't be arsed at times. Neville's pointed this out before. 3 games a week is too much for him at the moment.

If that's the case, shouldn't an astute manager be managing his minutes better? Or use him in games where he'll be able to influence. He was terrible again last night. Especially so in a midfield two, 4 days removed from a hamstring issue. In short, I don't think Pellegrini should have started him in that particular game. Play both Fernandino and Fernando in the holding role, and let the front 4 wreak havoc. At the same time Yaya could get some much needed rest. But he's the one getting paid millions not me....

That being said, it does seem like he did his hamstring so likely to be dropped this weekend (out of necessity not for his poor form, which he should be in fairness).

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

profart wrote: In short, I don't think Pellegrini should have started him in that particular game. Play both Fernandino and Fernando in the holding role, and let the front 4 wreak havoc. At the same time Yaya could get some much needed rest.
Yes I'd have thought this was sensible. He's not suffering from match fitness so removal due to further injury is all I can assume. If it was tactical, i.e. he was playing crap, then I'd be very wary of owning him from now on. I don't see how just a minor hamstring strain can heal in 4 days anyway.

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

profart wrote:
Omarz14 wrote:No way...Yaya is not that type of player who is dropped due to lack of form.
Omarz14,

Why do you say that? I'm not disagreeing with you, but would like to hear your opinion. When players get old, their legs are gone and the pace of the game gets to them. For some, this wall comes sooner rather than later. Yaya's not a young man anymore and he looks like he can't be arsed at times. Neville's pointed this out before. 3 games a week is too much for him at the moment.
Yes three is but he's only played 1 game this week (two halves) in effect.

profart
Treebeard

Post by profart »

Two halves yes albeit very ineffectively. Without any updates from Pellegrini I would have to assume it's injury related. Which boils down to his own poor management of Yaya anyway.

I own him and I'm not sure what to do. I've made my only FT and am not keen to waste one if he starts, but I also still have Wilson whom I was planning to bench this week. Dilemma.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Omarz14 wrote:
SuperGrover wrote:He looked awful before the sub. Fernandinho was a much better "yaya" when released to go forward than Toure was. I would be a bit surprised if yaya started on the weekend based upon that performance.
No way...Yaya is not that type of player who is dropped due to lack of form.
It's not because of form it's because he isn't healthy. He looked great until he got hurt last weekend.

Omarz14
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Omarz14 »

profart wrote:
Omarz14,

If that's the case, shouldn't an astute manager be managing his minutes better? Or use him in games where he'll be able to influence. He was terrible again last night. Especially so in a midfield two, 4 days removed from a hamstring issue. In short, I don't think Pellegrini should have started him in that particular game. Play both Fernandino and Fernando in the holding role, and let the front 4 wreak havoc. At the same time Yaya could get some much needed rest. But he's the one getting paid millions not me....

That being said, it does seem like he did his hamstring so likely to be dropped this weekend (out of necessity not for his poor form, which he should be in fairness).
If you mean he needs a rest I'm with you, but what I meant is that he can't be dropped for technical reasons...he is always a tank in City's midfield...but anyway that's not an issue now..he is out and we have to react. :cry:

profart
Treebeard

Post by profart »

Still own Yaya and I agree that when healthy, he's a sure starter for City. But annoyingly, having already taken a 0.2 drop he's due to fall again. I'm thinking of selling him on for Mane for -4, but with a plum fixture next I'm on the fence. My other option is to sell Coutinho and take more drops. What do you FISOers think?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I did Toure to Sanchez for a hit :wink:

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Toure is apparantly now fit. With Aguero out, presumably Toure will take pen duties (unless Bony gets them). With Silva also put, Toure may get further forward. Could be a good pick.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

gooberman wrote:Toure is apparantly now fit. With Aguero out, presumably Toure will take pen duties (unless Bony gets them). With Silva also put, Toure may get further forward. Could be a good pick.
Ssshhhh!

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

gooberman wrote:Toure is apparantly now fit. With Aguero out, presumably Toure will take pen duties (unless Bony gets them). With Silva also put, Toure may get further forward. Could be a good pick.
He might be a good pick, but that is just a gamble. As fas as I know, it's very possible that Bony takes penalties and Toure lies deep behind the front four. I can't justify 8.6 gamble when there are lot of quality 7.5ish midfielders.

He is just "I want to know it first" at the moment. Personally, I want to see City game tomorrow before even considering Yaya.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Not a bad idea to be honest. If I had a spare transfer I'd think about Pedro to him.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”