To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Wilson's replacement at Bournemouth

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Omarz14
Red & Blue Braces

Wilson's replacement at Bournemouth

Post by Omarz14 »

Tomlin, Murray or Kermorgant?

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Re: Wilson's replacement at Bournemouth

Post by flare2 »

Murray, he's the only person that can lead the line. With probably Tomlin in support to begin with, maybe King but I think when Arter comes back we will go to 5 in midfield with Ritchie in the hole behind Murray. I'm very worried by our prospects without Wilson.

I'd look elsewhere to replace him, either Watford forwards or Vardy.

SteveieB123
Red & Blue Braces

Post by SteveieB123 »

The norm seems to be a scan on a Monday after weekend football, may only be a week or two best case scenario, didn't look too good unfortunately. Murray had some good performances that he put in last season, especially the second half however the Cherries fixtures don't look great longterm...

Omarz14
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Omarz14 »

flare2 wrote:Murray, he's the only person that can lead the line. With probably Tomlin in support to begin with, maybe King but I think when Arter comes back we will go to 5 in midfield with Ritchie in the hole behind Murray. I'm very worried by our prospects without Wilson.

Well if you are a Bournemouth fan, I have to say your team's luck this term looks so bad mate...not just because of Wilson.

Losing key defender Mings and top summer signing Gradel plus your top scorer just doesn't happen too often!

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Omarz14 wrote:
flare2 wrote:Murray, he's the only person that can lead the line. With probably Tomlin in support to begin with, maybe King but I think when Arter comes back we will go to 5 in midfield with Ritchie in the hole behind Murray. I'm very worried by our prospects without Wilson.

Well if you are a Bournemouth fan, I have to say your team's luck this term looks so bad mate...not just because of Wilson.

Losing key defender Mings and top summer signing Gradel plus your top scorer just doesn't happen too often!
All to knee injuries too! Unbelievably bad luck!

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Better look at their S&C coaches and physios.

flare2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by flare2 »

Notned wrote:
Omarz14 wrote:

All to knee injuries too! Unbelievably bad luck!
We didn't have one injury last season - so what comes around goes around. Gradel was a big loss but yes, losing Wilson was the worse case scenario. Arter has also been a massive loss (hip injury) though he should be back soon - he's in training.

Gradel should be back early in the new year and hopefully Wilson isn't as bad as feared. January transfer window we can bring in some new players and hopefully we can get the required points. There's a lot of poor quality teams this year so I'm optimistic we can stay up. Need Ritchie and Murray to really step up.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Austin in January perhaps? Would QPR still want £15m?

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

Probably go back in for Grabban,although Norwich will likely up the asking value now

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Could Josh King come back into the reckoning? He's listed as a 4.7 mid, so a potential OOP super cheap option... Certainly started season playing in a very advanced position, admittedly pre Murray's arrival, but if Howe likes him enough to give him a shot he could be a bargain

Kdub
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: £15K profit from OFL, Fantasy League Classic 08/09 Champion, Champions League 06/07 Overall Winner, EURO2008 Phase Two Winner, 9 time OFL Manager of the Week

Post by Kdub »

i hope this is a one week injury ... or bournemouth is toast.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

forestfan wrote:Austin in January perhaps? Would QPR still want £15m?
He went off injured on Friday night as well.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Any Bournemouth fans able to confirm in what poistion King played yesterday, how much of a goal threat he was, and how likely he is to keep his place in the team?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

It will all be up in the air again when Arter returns surely. A situation to monitor for now I think.

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

JVRB48 wrote:Any Bournemouth fans able to confirm in what poistion King played yesterday, how much of a goal threat he was, and how likely he is to keep his place in the team?
King played high up the pitch but apart from being a willing runner didn't look much of a goal threat. I wouldn't consider him

flare2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by flare2 »

JVRB48 wrote:Any Bournemouth fans able to confirm in what poistion King played yesterday, how much of a goal threat he was, and how likely he is to keep his place in the team?
His best performance of the season by far. Played just off Murray and gave us much needed pace, got in positions where he could have scored/assisted and generally looked quite lively. Eddie Howe likes pace up front so I think he will keep his place for the next couple of games, longer term we have Arter coming back and supposedly Atsu a possibility. King should be a goal threat but all you've got to do is look at his statistics he isn't a goal scorer so for that reason I'd suggest steer clear.

I was impressed with the chances created for Murray and think he will score goals this season. If he had scored the penalty he would have probably picked up 12 points and would definitely be on peoples radars. One to watch I'd suggest.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”