To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Mahrez points prediction.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

How many points will Mahrez score this season?

Poll ended at 12 Nov 2015, 17:17

Fewer than 120
4%
120 to 139
No votes
140 to 159
13%
160 to 179
27%
180 to 199
18%
200 or more
38%

Total votes: 55

Darkplace
Treebeard

Re: Mahrez points prediction.

Post by Darkplace »

Still going strong :shock:
What a player!

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

We all have underrated him.

tsubasa_sama
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tsubasa_sama »

a quick bit of arithmetic finds him on course for a 300+ point season after a sample size of 15 games.

He's not going away, sure Leicester have had a lot of easy fixtures, but they will continue to play open attacking football no matter who they face.

Personally I don't think he'll reach 300, but you'd be mad not to think he can certainly reach 200+

God of Gamblers
Kevin and Perry

Post by God of Gamblers »

What players in the past have reached 300+ points?

The_Punter1986
Kevin and Perry

Post by The_Punter1986 »

Hazard got 233 last year Mahrez on 119 already

114 more needed in 22 games to equal needs to keep average around 5 a game.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I am glad to see people returning to this thread. I should have added a time limit to this poll, it's original results are being distorted by people voting now. :lol:

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

God of Gamblers wrote:What players in the past have reached 300+ points?
I think Ronaldo did, or at least came very close. Mahrez is posting Ronaldo-esk scores at the moment.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

He won't manage it if a foreign club pay big money in january.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

My 200 or more seems like the best bet I made this season.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:I am glad to see people returning to this thread. I should have added a time limit to this poll, it's original results are being distorted by people voting now. :lol:
That's why we should look at our written predictions:
Finisher1 wrote:And if the exact number is needed then I would say 207.
No reason for bragging though, because it seems I have enormously underrated him :lol:

If only he plays a full season, then it's not a question about over or under 200, it's a question about over or under 300.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

At first glance Mahrez or Vardy or Ighalo look like anomalies in what has been a game of safe gambling on premium players for the previous years.
We should begin to discuss something else though. A lot has been said about how the TV money could affect the balance between the bigger and smaller teams and 15 gameweeks are too much of a small sample to draw solid conclusions, but maybe it's no coincidence.
Maybe we'll see more often players from smaller teams challenging for top spots in the FPL ladder, something that would definitely change the dynamic of the game as we know it. It could even force the FPL towers to review their pricing policy for next season.
I think there's a lot of food for thought here and that's a discussion that requires a thread of it's own. I could make a decent opening post later or maybe someone would be interested in doing it...

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Mo Bot wrote:His and Leicester's bubble will burst soon.
This. But now, not when it was posted. :wink:

Leicester's fixtures in the next 11 GWs include Chelsea (home), City (twice), Liverpool (twice) and Everton, Spurs, Arsenal (away). I'd be surprised to see them get more than 2 or 3 wins out of those 8 games and it is quite possible that the wheels will come off very badly.

I have seriously considered losing Mahrez (never had Vardy) but as I bought at 5.5 and he has penalties he seems such good value that I think he's worth keeping, I don't need massive performance from a player in that price bracket.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Le Red wrote:At first glance Mahrez or Vardy or Ighalo look like anomalies in what has been a game of safe gambling on premium players for the previous years.
We should begin to discuss something else though. A lot has been said about how the TV money could affect the balance between the bigger and smaller teams and 15 gameweeks are too much of a small sample to draw solid conclusions, but maybe it's no coincidence.
Maybe we'll see more often players from smaller teams challenging for top spots in the FPL ladder, something that would definitely change the dynamic of the game as we know it. It could even force the FPL towers to review their pricing policy for next season.
I think there's a lot of food for thought here and that's a discussion that requires a thread of it's own. I could make a decent opening post later or maybe someone would be interested in doing it...
It's a good idea.

The big uplift in PL TV money this season means that the team that finishes 20th and is relegated will receive as much as Chelsea earned last season as champions (about £100m). That puts better players in reach at “lesser” clubs – Shaquiri at Stoke, Payet at West Ham, Wijnaldum at Newcastle, Cabaye at Palace… With players like that it's not so much transfer fees that have been the barrier in the past but wages.

TV money has also enabled a team like Everton to refuse £40m for Stones, something they could never have done even a couple of seasons ago. Even the CL income of the top 4 teams becomes (relatively) less significant. As a result the quality gap is becoming smaller than it has ever been I think.

I also believe that the ‘unusual’ and somewhat unpredictable nature of this season may be here to stay – that ‘normal service’ may actually not be resumed. I am starting to think that for FPL you should aim to get good in-form players and trust them, irrespective of fixtures. Last weekend I removed Glenn Johnson for Alderweireld for a hit. I just couldn’t see a Stoke clean sheet against City. But they got one.

If the nature of the PL has changed then I guess FPL strategy will need to be adjusted accordingly. :?

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Has anyone else noticed Butland's history of scores is starting to look similar to Mahrez's? :lol:

Maybe Jack needs his own thread? :shock:

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Ruth_NZ wrote: I also believe that the ‘unusual’ and somewhat unpredictable nature of this season may be here to stay – that ‘normal service’ may actually not be resumed. I am starting to think that for FPL you should aim to get good in-form players and trust them, irrespective of fixtures. Last weekend I removed Glenn Johnson for Alderweireld for a hit. I just couldn’t see a Stoke clean sheet against City. But they got one.
Whilst I agree with this, especially on one-off games (which is why I stuck with my 3 forwards and didn't get Kane in this week), I still think there is value in going after players who have a run of 'favourable' fixtures (but again I would need evidence of form first).

The Kane example is probably a good one, loads of people bought him in and captained him on the back of 2x1 pointers just because they were playing Newcastle. The fact that Newcastle had beaten Liverpool was largely ignored. Mind you, I bought in Aldi, so I can talk!

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Shopping at Aldi is nothing to be ashamed of.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote: I also believe that the ‘unusual’ and somewhat unpredictable nature of this season may be here to stay – that ‘normal service’ may actually not be resumed. I am starting to think that for FPL you should aim to get good in-form players and trust them, irrespective of fixtures. Last weekend I removed Glenn Johnson for Alderweireld for a hit. I just couldn’t see a Stoke clean sheet against City. But they got one.
Whilst I agree with this, especially on one-off games (which is why I stuck with my 3 forwards and didn't get Kane in this week), I still think there is value in going after players who have a run of 'favourable' fixtures (but again I would need evidence of form first).

The Kane example is probably a good one, loads of people bought him in and captained him on the back of 2x1 pointers just because they were playing Newcastle. The fact that Newcastle had beaten Liverpool was largely ignored. Mind you, I bought in Aldi, so I can talk!
I had Kane for some decent weeks and intend to keep him long-term.

What has been killing me recently is no Butland and no Ighalo/Vardy. The Butland thing is lucky for those that have had him, Stoke couldn't buy a clean sheet last season. But it will turn again soon and another GK will start to rack up points. I hope it's Myhill because I am sticking with him.

The Ighalo thing has turned out to be a mistake for me because I had him and removed him for Aguero. I thought it was a pragmatic move (and it was) but I hadn't counted on Ighalo's continuing FPL returns being so good.

I need an angle to give my team an edge right now but am struggling to find one. :(

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

BobMem wrote:Shopping at Aldi is nothing to be ashamed of.
Indeed :)

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

Ruth_NZ wrote:
I had Kane for some decent weeks and intend to keep him long-term.

What has been killing me recently is no Butland and no Ighalo/Vardy. The Butland thing is lucky for those that have had him, Stoke couldn't buy a clean sheet last season. But it will turn again soon and another GK will start to rack up points. I hope it's Myhill because I am sticking with him.

The Ighalo thing has turned out to be a mistake for me because I had him and removed him for Aguero. I thought it was a pragmatic move (and it was) but I hadn't counted on Ighalo's continuing FPL returns being so good.

I need an angle to give my team an edge right now but am struggling to find one. :(
I had planned to get Kane in 3 or 4 weeks ago when he had some form and an attractive run of fixtures, but other issues came up with my team, plus I couldn't decide who to transfer out so I never got him in.

I couldn't decide between Butland and DDG when I wildcarded back in about week 7. DDG seemed like the safer option and has done OK but in retrospect it feels like a mistake.

I've had three good weeks largely off the back of Ighalo and Lukaku but that won't last - need to find that edge as well. In retrospect bringing Silva rather than Ramsey might prove to be a mistake.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Mahrez points prediction.

Post by eastcentral1 »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
BobMem wrote:Shopping at Aldi is nothing to be ashamed of.
Indeed :)
I prefer Danny Waitrose myself.

bcfc1903
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: william hill champion 2010, 2012. all-inclusive league winner 2012, second x-league 2012.

Post by bcfc1903 »

Boy oh boy....never mind how many points Mahrez will get, this guy is sensational...

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Player of the year already...

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

He now has 132 points with today's bonus points included.

He is still on his way to 300.

I just wonder, what is the all-time record for player's FPL points in one season?

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I don't know but I would guess Lampard or Ronaldo.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

snakzz wrote:Player of the year already...
Not just an FPL points machine, a sublime footballer.

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

hazard ha what 230 last season? hes on pace to destroy hazard last season stats. He can get 20 goals this season if he stays fit and in form.

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

Finisher1 wrote:He now has 132 points with today's bonus points included.

He is still on his way to 300.

I just wonder, what is the all-time record for player's FPL points in one season?
I was thinking Suarez

I would love to see previous fantasy football statistics ...from the top players

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

can I change my prediction to 268? :P

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ...bears no responsibility for bad points forecasts
FS Record: 2nd TFFE 2008, FPL 3 top 10k finishes

Post by Patrician »

Doesn't seem to have quite hit auto-captain status in people's heads yet though. Should he be?

bcfc1903
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: william hill champion 2010, 2012. all-inclusive league winner 2012, second x-league 2012.

Post by bcfc1903 »

Patrician wrote:Doesn't seem to have quite hit auto-captain status in people's heads yet though. Should he be?
In all honesty, yes. Marvellous player, points galore in FPL but my problem (and no disrespect intended), I just expect the Leicester railwagon to derail virtually every week and Mahrez to suffer in kind. This sort of mentality is hindering some fantastic returns....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”