To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Mahrez points prediction.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

How many points will Mahrez score this season?

Poll ended at 12 Nov 2015, 17:17

Fewer than 120
4%
120 to 139
No votes
140 to 159
13%
160 to 179
27%
180 to 199
18%
200 or more
38%

Total votes: 55

Notned
FISO Knight

Re: Mahrez points prediction.

Post by Notned »

Razzler wrote:I am giving serious thought to getting rid

It's a shame as had him early so may not be buying him back. I could move on the likes of KDB, Lukaku, Kane but there are good fixtures/DGW considerations to take into account. That leaves me with Ozil to Payet meaning I keep Mahrez a bit longer but this doesn't make me happy either :/
Read my post above. Nothing has changed my mind since. I think he's very much keepable, not that that's even a word :lol:

The key thing for me is the strength of his fixtures in the blank weeks. I think there could be more ground to be made/lost there than in the doubles themselves, potentially.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Notned wrote:
Razzler wrote:I am giving serious thought to getting rid

It's a shame as had him early so may not be buying him back. I could move on the likes of KDB, Lukaku, Kane but there are good fixtures/DGW considerations to take into account. That leaves me with Ozil to Payet meaning I keep Mahrez a bit longer but this doesn't make me happy either :/
Read my post above. Nothing has changed my mind since. I think he's very much keepable, not that that's even a word :lol:

The key thing for me is the strength of his fixtures in the blank weeks. I think there could be more ground to be made/lost there than in the doubles themselves, potentially.
I think I probably agree re the blanks; getting a strong side and decent captain out could be very beneficial. As always people seem pre-occupied with the dgw and forget the blank.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I think Mahrez is now pretty much nailed to our fantasy squads for the rest of the season?

He is playing both GW27 and GW30. The latter is expected to become a huge blank gameweek (depending on FA Cup results of course).

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Finisher1 wrote:I think Mahrez is now pretty much nailed to our fantasy squads for the rest of the season?

He is playing both GW27 and GW30. The latter is expected to become a huge blank gameweek (depending on FA Cup results of course).
Yep. His fixtures in those two weeks are a massive plus. There is a slight chance I may temporarily switch to Wijnaldum if Newcastle have an early double, but it's unlikely. And if I do it would only be very short term punt with Mahrez coming straight back in for GW27. He's essential for the two weeks you mention, imo.

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

I think I said something like this already but it bears repeating maybe. If you exclude Hazard's 9 extra CS points and 10 extra bonus, then Mahrez has matched his 14/15 overall points by Gameweek 26. It's remarkable.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Saw this on FFS and wanted to share the awesome list that brought back some great memories. Thanks to Balders at FFS for this list:

BALDERS - Fantasy Football Scout Member:

"So Mahrez has joined the 200 club with 9 games left, how high can he go?

295 Suarez '14
284 Lampard '10
283 Ronaldo '08
271 Henry '03
269 Lampard '05, RVP '12
262 RVP '13
249 Bale '13
244 Ronaldo '07
242 Henry '04, Drogba '10
241 Yaya Toure '14
239 Henry '06
233 Hazard '15
231 Henry '05
230 Rooney '12
226 Lampard '09
224 Rooney '10
222 Lampard '06
216 Pires '04, Lampard '04, Gerrard '09, Aguero '15
214 Fabregas '10
212 Mata '13, Suarez '13
211 Aguero '12
210 Tevez '10
209 Dempsey '12
207 Sanchez '15
206 Ronaldo '09
205 Fabregas '08, Cazorla '13, Gerrard '14
204 *****Mahrez '16*****
202 Lampard '07, Hazard '14
200 Adebayor '08, Gerrard '08"

Source: http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/comment/12833073

vendzol
Red & Blue Braces

Post by vendzol »

If he keeps his PPG average (7,3), he should end up with 270...

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Anyone here who is able to post an "I told you so" about 200 points by Mahrez?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

so will he cost 11.5 next season? If he reaches 250 that's actually not that expensive. :D

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

Reckon he will be 9.5-10 next season.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

gallus wrote:so will he cost 11.5 next season? If he reaches 250 that's actually not that expensive. :D
It's very hard to guess what his price will be next season, especially when you consider Aguero's never scored more than 220 and is 13mil, and Sanchez scored just over 200 in his first season and was 11mil this season.

You'd have to think he'll hit 250+ the way he's going. I can't see him being less than 11mil next season.

Won't matter anyway, as he'll probably go where all players go to die, never to be seen again. The Man City bench. :P

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

The prices of all the Leicester assets will be interesting next season. If they win the league or finish in the top 3, do they get priced like Spurs/man utd players this season?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Mav3rick wrote:The prices of all the Leicester assets will be interesting next season. If they win the league or finish in the top 3, do they get priced like Spurs/man utd players this season?
Spurs sounds about right, yes. But I'm not sure Leicester can keep all their best players. If someone offers 80mil for Mahrez they have to take it, right?
I'm actually more interested in how Chelsea and United players will be priced. Their mids and strikers have been worth about 6.0 this season so we should expect some discount I think.

umistboy
Treebeard

Post by umistboy »

gallus wrote: If someone offers 80mil for Mahrez they have to take it, right?
I'll cross that bridge when we get to it (which we won't) :shock:

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

umistboy wrote:
gallus wrote: If someone offers 80mil for Mahrez they have to take it, right?
I'll cross that bridge when we get to it (which we won't) :shock:
Leicester could very much make that kind of money elsewhere now if they continue the way they are, so perhaps the new money made from CL qualification, new endorsements etc. will be enough to offer everyone a new bumper deal and keep the squad together. This is one of the greatest stories EVER in football history, so I'm sure their phones are now ringing off the hook with companies wanting to throw money at them.

It would be a real shame to see their team split, but on the other hand, as a non supporter it would be one less team to worry about if they do. I'm happy to cheer them on this one season, not sure I could do it for a second. :lol:

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

His price I'm sure will also depend on his club..

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Vincent Black Shadow wrote:His price I'm sure will also depend on his club..
Don't really agree with this - not sure he'd cost/be worth any more at City/Chelsea/whoever than he is at Leicester where he's the main man.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Vsz wrote:
Don't really agree with this - not sure he'd cost/be worth any more at City/Chelsea/whoever than he is at Leicester where he's the main man.
I think he means that a City or Chelsea may offer 50mil, only to then be railroaded by someone like Real Madrid or PSG who come in with a 90-100mil offer like they always seem to do.

Basically he's worth whatever the highest bidder is willing to spend on him.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
Vsz wrote:
I think he means that a City or Chelsea may offer 50mil, only to then be railroaded by someone like Real Madrid or PSG who come in with a 90-100mil offer like they always seem to do.

I think he's saying his FPL price would depend on his club? Which is what I was saying I wouldn't really agree with as I don't see any reason why he should cost more if he's at Chelsea than if he stays at Leicester.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Vsz wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote:
Vsz wrote:

I think he's saying his FPL price would depend on his club? Which is what I was saying I wouldn't really agree with as I don't see any reason why he should cost more if he's at Chelsea than if he stays at Leicester.
Ah ok. I didn't read it like that at all, and your correct in thinking that his fpl price will have nothing to do with which club he plays for at all.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
Vsz wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote:
Vsz wrote:

Ah ok. I didn't read it like that at all, and your correct in thinking that his fpl price will have nothing to do with which club he plays for at all.
Ah well, not overly important...!!! :) :) :)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Vsz wrote:
FPL do actually have some form in pricing players differently for different clubs - perhaps a bad example as he's a defender so will be affected more obviously, but I do remember Debuchy being set at 5.5m because his move from Newcastle to Arsenal was expected to happen soon after - he'd only managed 93 points in the previous season, which would usually put him firmly into 5.0m territory (all the other Newcastle defenders were noticeably 4.5/5.0). So FPL certainly take club differences into account and don't just base prices on previous seasons. :D

Personally I think we'll be talking 11-11.5m next season if he stays in the PL, and that would imo be overpriced, certainly if he stays at Leicester.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

Stemania wrote:
Vsz wrote:
FPL do actually have some form in pricing players differently for different clubs - perhaps a bad example as he's a defender so will be affected more obviously, but I do remember Debuchy being set at 5.5m because his move from Newcastle to Arsenal was expected to happen soon after - he'd only managed 93 points in the previous season, which would usually put him firmly into 5.0m territory (all the other Newcastle defenders were noticeably 4.5/5.0). So FPL certainly take club differences into account and don't just base prices on previous seasons. :D

Personally I think we'll be talking 11-11.5m next season if he stays in the PL, and that would imo be overpriced, certainly if he stays at Leicester.
Yep, I remember seeing that myself, but I don't think they'll see Mahrez as worth more if he moves club compared to if he stays at Leicester, bearing in mind he's already hit 200 this season.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

If anything, he'd possibly be less effective at another club. Him and Leicester suit each other down to the ground, and there is no guarantee he'd be as well suited elsewhere. Not that that would reflect how he'd be priced either way, necessarily.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Stemania wrote:
Vsz wrote:

Why would it be overpriced? If you're assuming this season is a fluke and he couldn't possibly replicate the same achievements next season then maybe, however one would have to still consider him even at that price, as you would any player that can provide you with 250+ points throughout the season.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

An awful lot of people selected Hazard at the start of the season and he has probably been the single worst value player in the whole league.

In fact, an awful lot of people kept on selecting him, even making him captain while he was making an art out of avoiding scoring or assisting.

An awful lot of people kept complaining about what a peculiar season it was, too.

So what would be different about next year Mahrez being priced as high as Hazard was?

Would that lead to a peculiar season?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
Stemania wrote:Personally I think we'll be talking 11-11.5m next season if he stays in the PL, and that would imo be overpriced, certainly if he stays at Leicester.
Why would it be overpriced? If you're assuming this season is a fluke and he couldn't possibly replicate the same achievements next season then maybe, however one would have to still consider him even at that price, as you would any player that can provide you with 250+ points throughout the season.
For one thing he'll be priced based on a points tally built on being on pens for two thirds of a season, and next year he will presumably be off pens for most of, or the whole of, the season (unless he moves to another club and usurps their taker or something happens to Vardy's taking ability). And Leicester will very probably do significantly worse next year, so if he stays he'll likely be in a far less successful team.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Stemania wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote:
Stemania wrote:Personally I think we'll be talking 11-11.5m next season if he stays in the PL, and that would imo be overpriced, certainly if he stays at Leicester.
For one thing he'll be priced based on a points tally built on being on pens for two thirds of a season, and next year he will presumably be off pens for most of, or the whole of, the season (unless he moves to another club and usurps their taker or something happens to Vardy's taking ability). And Leicester will very probably do significantly worse next year, so if he stays he'll likely be in a far less successful team.
I think it's too premature to say Leicester will sink next season. If they keep Vardy-Mahrez-Kante, which could happen, since they'd probably like to play the UCL for Leicester, they would still be a solid and confident team that could beat anyone on their day. Another title challenge could prove to be too much, but they could definitely fight for a spot in UCL with the squad they have now.
People have doubted Leicester too much, they were like "ok they've done it so far but this can't go on forever". Now that they are title favourites the speech has shifted to "ok they've done it this season but they sure as hell can't do it the next one". I prefer to wait and see what the future reserves for them.
I agree that Mahrez will probably be too expensive next season as far as initial investment goes. But even at 11.0 he'd be worth considering at least.
If he goes to another EPL club, though, I think he'll lose a lot of his FPL potential.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Le Red wrote: I think it's too premature to say Leicester will sink next season. If they keep Vardy-Mahrez-Kante, which could happen, since they'd probably like to play the UCL for Leicester, they would still be a solid and confident team that could beat anyone on their day. Another title challenge could prove to be too much, but they could definitely fight for a spot in UCL with the squad they have now.
People have doubted Leicester too much, they were like "ok they've done it so far but this can't go on forever". Now that they are title favourites the speech has shifted to "ok they've done it this season but they sure as hell can't do it the next one". I prefer to wait and see what the future reserves for them.
I agree that Mahrez will probably be too expensive next season as far as initial investment goes. But even at 11.0 he'd be worth considering at least.
If he goes to another EPL club, though, I think he'll lose a lot of his FPL potential.
I've not been someone making predictions about Leicester falling off this year (relatively few things around them are open to big change in a closed season) so I wouldn't describe it as a changing narrative. But I think it's pretty plain to see that we'll have massive investment in the likes of City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Spurs, probably even Arsenal, in the summer - more than Leicester can keep up with. Very rarely do we see a team from midtable suddenly break into the CL spots, but if they do they basically never replicate it - for one they suddenly have European games to deal with and atm a squad built only for 38 PL games (and the odd cup match).

I'm not saying they'll suddenly be awful, but I think even an optimist would only realistically hope they would make Europa next season - even that would seem a push to me - qualifying for the CL again will be very very tough with the relative quality of players they will have. A drop from 1st to 5/6th/lower is a big drop in potential FPL points, Mahrez or not.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Stemania wrote:
Le Red wrote: I think it's too premature to say Leicester will sink next season. If they keep Vardy-Mahrez-Kante, which could happen, since they'd probably like to play the UCL for Leicester, they would still be a solid and confident team that could beat anyone on their day. Another title challenge could prove to be too much, but they could definitely fight for a spot in UCL with the squad they have now.
I've not been someone making predictions about Leicester falling off this year (relatively few things around them are open to big change in a closed season) so I wouldn't describe it as a changing narrative. But I think it's pretty plain to see that we'll have massive investment in the likes of City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Spurs, probably even Arsenal, in the summer - more than Leicester can keep up with. Very rarely do we see a team from midtable suddenly break into the CL spots, but if they do they basically never replicate it - for one they suddenly have European games to deal with and atm a squad built only for 38 PL games (and the odd cup match).

I'm not saying they'll suddenly be awful, but I think even an optimist would only realistically hope they would make Europa next season - even that would seem a push to me - qualifying for the CL again will be very very tough with the relative quality of players they will have. A drop from 1st to 5/6th/lower is a big drop in potential FPL points, Mahrez or not.
That's a very realistic scenario but just maybe Leicester could up their investment following their feats this season. I don't know how rich exactly their guy is, but they could use this momentum to try to be the next big thing instead of just being a mid-table team with a one-off season. That's why I said this talk is premature, only after the transfer window and the first few games we'll have an idea of what Leicester is to be.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”