To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Anthony Martial

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Re: Anthony Martial

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I also had Rondón drop unexpectedly last night, he was at about -88% and getting transfer in when I checked last night.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Is it something to do with players that have previously risen?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

rondon didn't rise afaik

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Be patient with me as I'm a bit of a novice on price changes, but if the cause does turn out to be now ignoring teams that have been dead since GW1, presumably the thresholds for both rises and falls will be lower going forward, meaning lots more price changes up and down, similar to previous years?

Back on topic, yes I expect Martial could fall again this week if he does nothing in the derby, but if so then that's a bit irritating as he has some great fixtures coming up - barring injury, getting dropped or plain useless performance, I'll be holding even if he blanks today (which I do expect him to).
Last edited by scarletjim on 25 Oct 2015, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Mav3rick wrote:Is it something to do with players that have previously risen?
Nope. Morrison had one drop from 5.0 to 4.9 a while ago.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Big game for Martial next week. If LVG returns to the more attacking lineup for the easier fixtures with Rooney in the hole and Depay for Herrera then Martial really could be in a position to shine with the fixture run (if back up top).

If he stays on the left, it's probably a sign that he's got to be sold sooner rather than later.

mmikkeelee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mini league winner 2014\2015

Post by mmikkeelee »

Still keeping hold of martial

Every time I see him play I can just see the quality he has

If van tinkerman plays him up front he'll score out left not to good obviously

He's wasted on the wing

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Travesty that he is getting played out wide, really. The kid is a great talent, but this doesn't necessarily translate to FPL points, particularly from a sort of reverse OOP. I am loathe to do so, but I think I'm shipping him; he is dropping in price, and the main alternatives are all nailed on strikers with strong home fixtures.

Will look at bringing him back in at a reduced price when LVG comes to his senses and sticks him up top with Rooney behind. Could tear it up if played as a number 9 consistently, but that is a big if as it stands. I don't think Palace away is necessarily all that easy anyway.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

I was thinking of getting rid of him, but with Palace, West Brom and Watford in the next three maybe hold. Who else is keeping him?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Terry Henry wrote:I was thinking of getting rid of him, but with Palace, West Brom and Watford in the next three maybe hold. Who else is keeping him?
I don't think it would make much sense to sell him right now if you owned - if he keeps playing on the wing in the easier games then certainly, but if he returns to the number 9 position (where he was previously deployed in the easier games) then he's got massive points potential with the run of games they have.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I've been pretty much set on getting rid of him all week and it's still pretty likely, but I'd be interested to see what position he lines up in tonight. A return to a central role could force me to re-consider..

I think it's clear to everyone but LVG that their best option is Martial up top with Rooney tucked behind (if in the side at all).

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

The worry for me after watching the City game was that he was not getting anywhere near the penalty box. No cutting inside and shooting and no looking to get in the box when the play was on the other wing. If he was doing these I'd still think he was a decent pick even in a wide position.

Maybe it was due to the calibre of opposition on Sunday. If I don't hear he has done more against Palace I'll consider replacing him despite the good fixtures ahead.

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 28640....

Post by Bertie64 »

Stemania wrote:
Terry Henry wrote:I was thinking of getting rid of him, but with Palace, West Brom and Watford in the next three maybe hold. Who else is keeping him?
I don't think it would make much sense to sell him right now if you owned - if he keeps playing on the wing in the easier games then certainly, but if he returns to the number 9 position (where he was previously deployed in the easier games) then he's got massive points potential with the run of games they have.
Yes, it makes no sense to get rid of him now.
I doubt I will be able to justify a transfer hit on him anyway for the next couple of weeks as I have other transfers in mind.
Hopefully by then he will have covered himself in glory!

If he is still OOP and not getting amongst the points then he can make way for Lukaku maybe.
Outside chance that I will be able to justify bringing Giroud in for him then if he has to go...

mmikkeelee
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mmikkeelee »

I'm keeping him
When van tinkerman has stopped teaching depay a lesson by benching him for being a twit off the field martial should play back in centre forward position then the goals will come again

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

He's just another Walcott in a different red jersey, Bertie. Are you sure you want the grief?

[On the other hand, he might be a second Henry, and cheap at twice the price!]

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

mmikkeelee wrote:I'm keeping him
When van tinkerman has stopped teaching depay a lesson by benching him for being a twit off the field martial should play back in centre forward position then the goals will come again
A little musical interest doesn't seem to have limited Petr Cech's on-pitch capabilities, and a desire to hang with big-bootied divas and dress like Kanye West's little bro doesn't seem to have done Lewis Hamilton's sporting career any harm. What's LvG got against EuroTrash? 8-)

[Or is it Depay's apparent inability to do anything except cut in and smash it against a defender with his right foot that is actually holding his development back?]

mmikkeelee
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mmikkeelee »

Dr
Curmudgeon wrote:
mmikkeelee wrote:I'm keeping him
A little musical interest doesn't seem to have limited Petr Cech's on-pitch capabilities, and a desire to hang with big-bootied divas and dress like Kanye West's little bro doesn't seem to have done Lewis Hamilton's sporting career any harm. What's LvG got against EuroTrash? 8-)

[Or is it Depay's apparent inability to do anything except cut in and smash it against a defender with his right foot that is actually holding his development back?]
Lol great post

I heard off a little birdie giggsy wiggsy has had words with depay on how to conduct himself as a Utd player

Wether its true or not

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

Stemania wrote:
I'm fairly convinced that i'm getting rid this week.

United's fixtures aren't as great as they are made out to be to be honest - 4 out of the next away from home to some stuffy teams IMO.

I'm not convinced he'll just get thrown back in up top either, despite common sense dictating thats exactly what should happen.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Got rid a couple of weeks ago for Lukaku and his run of fixtures coming up. Not had any points return with the switch but if I still had him now he would Deffo go.
Nice .2 profit aswell

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Drew_Peacock wrote:
Stemania wrote:

United's fixtures aren't as great as they are made out to be to be honest - 4 out of the next away from home to some stuffy teams IMO.

I'm not convinced he'll just get thrown back in up top either, despite common sense dictating thats exactly what should happen.
Just out of interest Drew, who are you looking at replacing him with?

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

Lukaku i think - Fancy him to still be in the mixer over the next few matches.

Had considered Bony but think its a bit short termist, although i do feel really exposed without City coverage this week.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Notned wrote:I've been pretty much set on getting rid of him all week and it's still pretty likely, but I'd be interested to see what position he lines up in tonight. A return to a central role could force me to re-consider..

I think it's clear to everyone but LVG that their best option is Martial up top with Rooney tucked behind (if in the side at all).
Same here. Bony will be coming in if I replace Martial.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Drew_Peacock wrote:
Stemania wrote:

Planning on keeping him (for now at least), I have reservations about all of the possible replacements and he may yet come good with the upcoming fixtures.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

scarletjim wrote:Be patient with me as I'm a bit of a novice on price changes, but if the cause does turn out to be now ignoring teams that have been dead since GW1, presumably the thresholds for both rises and falls will be lower going forward, meaning lots more price changes up and down, similar to previous years?
I'm far from an expert, but my aged memory remembers something about a "percentage of transfers made" possibly kicking in. The figure should stabilise, but slightly lower as managers give up...

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

mmikkeelee wrote:I heard off a little birdie giggsy wiggsy has had words with depay on how to conduct himself as a Utd player

Wether its true or not
Does Depay even have a brother and, if so, is he married?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Tall Paul wrote:
mmikkeelee wrote:I heard off a little birdie giggsy wiggsy has had words with depay on how to conduct himself as a Utd player

Wether its true or not
Does Depay even have a brother and, if so, is he married?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

I think Benteke in GW14 would be my likely Martial exit plan if he continues on the wing. Liverpool's fixtures turn nice around then and I have a good feeling about Benteke under Klopp.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Drew_Peacock wrote:Lukaku i think - Fancy him to still be in the mixer over the next few matches.

Had considered Bony but think its a bit short termist, although i do feel really exposed without City coverage this week.
Interesting. He is actually last in my current list of potential replacements for some reason, behind Kane, Grioud and Bony. Will be keeping a close eye on any press conferences and where/how/if Martial plays tonight before making a final decision.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Stemania wrote:I think Benteke in GW14 would be my likely Martial exit plan if he continues on the wing. Liverpool's fixtures turn nice around then and I have a good feeling about Benteke under Klopp.
Yep. Think he may smash it under Klopp. Very much on my radar for a couple of weeks time, perhaps at the expense of bringing in Lukaku. Was always my plan pre-season for an Aguero, Benteke +1 strike force, so maybe I'll be able to revert to that.

I would have been half tempted now in spite of fixtures, if not for the current injury concerns. I see he is now a doubt for the weekend again.

Paul_Football
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Paul_Football »

As a Utd supporter, I'd suggest staying away from Utd attackers. At the moment Rooney is killing everything in the final third and the goal scorers are too unpredictable for FF. Mata is probably your best bet if you want to splash some Utd cover up front but at 8.8 he's a risky choice. Personally, I'd get Mane, Payet, Ozil or even Ayew instead of him. Utd defence is pretty solid but our weakness' are exposed when teams are happy to let us have 70% possession and hit us on the counter.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”