To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Anthony Martial

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
froog
FISOhead

Anthony Martial

Post by froog »

might as well give the lad a thread. i hear it's worth 5 million to him in bonuses. :D

anyway, given the no. 9 shirt, with rooney the only other striker surely he will start up front regularly with rooney behind?

how much will he be?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Anthony Martial

Post by gallus »

he should be 8, 8.5 at most

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Pedro just came in at 9.5 for Chelsea so I can see 9.0 / 9.5

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

I can see him priced 8.0m, I guess we'll know tomorrow

pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pdhmobile »

Mmmm i definately think it's a wait and see and wait some more and a bit more.....

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

He's in at 8m, apparently.

Great price if he hits the ground running. Very big 'if' though.

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

Notned wrote:He's in at 8m, apparently.

Yep.

Premier League ‏@premierleague 19 min
#MUFC new boy @AnthonyMartial is one of two new additions to #FPL...

Martial (MUN) FWD 8.0
Ibarbo (WAT) FWD 5.5

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Can see him being eased in. Possibly used as a sub first game or 2, Unless LVG plans on dropping rooney back straight away. Could see him giving Fellaini a game or 2 behind Rooney now he's not suspended for the BPL

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Can he play in the CL though? He played the qualifiers so probably not unless there has been a rule change

mike_d99
Grumpy Old Man
Location: cut down like a vegetable by your hard kickin mother who's an animal
FS Record: 269th TFF 08/09, 11th TFFO 08/09, 49th TFFE 08/09, 50th Elephant 10/11, 92nd Sky Sports 10/11

Post by mike_d99 »

Playing in the qualifiers doesn't affect your eligibility for the group stage matches, so yes.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

From the FIFA handbook:
Rule 42.07 wrote: As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA Champions
League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for more than one
club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally, however, a player who has
been fielded in the first, second, third qualifying round or the play-offs of the
UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to play in the UEFA
Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club as from the group
stage.
mike_d99 is spot on.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Cheers.
Has it always been like that though? Or have I been wrong my entire life about it :lol:

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

I think he will be priced 6-7m.

E: Oh already added. 8m definitely too high for him. They paid for that huge potential, not current skill.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

JoonaR16 wrote:I think he will be priced 6-7m.

E: Oh already added. 8m definitely too high for him. They paid for that huge potential, not current skill.
It's a lot, but I guess having broken the record transfer fee for a teenager and being a marquee signing for a top 4 club it was always going to be a fairly high price, rightly or wrongly.

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

nufctoon wrote:
Notned wrote:He's in at 8m, apparently.

Yep.

Premier League ‏@premierleague 19 min
#MUFC new boy @AnthonyMartial is one of two new additions to #FPL...

Martial (MUN) FWD 8.0
Ibarbo (WAT) FWD 5.5
I'd rather gamble on Ibarbo out of the two tbh, he was very dangerous in Serie A before his move to Roma.

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

though if you go on fifa Ibarbo's finishing is woeful :lol: and Martial is a career mode God
Personally not touching either :lol:

Ezequiel
Treebeard

Post by Ezequiel »

Stemania wrote:From the FIFA handbook:
Rule 42.07 wrote: As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA Champions
been fielded in the first, second, third qualifying round or the play-offs of the
stage.
mike_d99 is spot on.
Only if the team he played for previously did not qualify for the group stage.

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

mike_d99 wrote:Playing in the qualifiers doesn't affect your eligibility for the group stage matches, so yes.
I seem to remember UEFA changing this some years back to ensure big clubs could go sign players from teams that dropped out without any hassle

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

Re ibarbo Watford are all over the place at the moment. Slight dissatisfaction coming across from mates who support Watford some wishing they were back in the Championship. Would not gamble on a Watford player - at the moment anyway. Deeney quickly sold.

adnankhanzada
Treebeard
FS Record: Winner of work/friends mini leagues most seasons

Post by adnankhanzada »

Quote when Fergie was boss:
This was when he was talking about Lucas Moura

"I find it quite amazing that a club can pay €45 million for a 19-year-old boy,"

"When somebody's paying €45m for a 19-year-old boy you have to say the game's gone mad."

I Agree! :lol:

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

The pricetag on Martial makes him look way better than he currently is in his early career. Yes good potential but nothing steady yet. We're talking about a guy who completed 4 full games in his life in french top flight so even LVG knows you cant expect him to come and start banging the goals right away.
That's another debate but MU have paid well over the odds for Martial who was not even considered as the hottest prospect in France. Transfer market is just crazy thats all.

Good luck to him though but i wont be getting near him at 8.0 when Gomis is 7.3...

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

This for me is similar to Depay in terms of FPL. Potential for a big points haul in any game or maybe a small run, but unlikely to do it consistently. Like the Sterlings and Januzai's of previous seasons, good occasional points, look like great thrilling players, don't really turn that into consistent end product at this stage. There are exceptions like Hazard, but Depay yet to convince me he's an exception, and Martial still with it all to show

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

JVRB48 wrote:This for me is similar to Depay in terms of FPL. Potential for a big points haul in any game or maybe a small run, but unlikely to do it consistently. Like the Sterlings and Januzai's of previous seasons, good occasional points, look like great thrilling players, don't really turn that into consistent end product at this stage. There are exceptions like Hazard, but Depay yet to convince me he's an exception, and Martial still with it all to show
I think you cannot compare Martial to Hazard/Depay joining the EPL. When Hazard came to Chelsea he had hundreds of games under his belt, very good stats already and had been crowned best player of french leagu. Same with Depay, a regular for PSV, top scorer of the ERedivisie and played the WC finals with Holland. Martial has none of them all so in terms of FPL potential he's way behind them at the same stage.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: RE: Re: Anthony Martial

Post by Stemania »

Ezequiel wrote:
stage.
mike_d99 is spot on.
Are you sure about that? Can't find it in the rules. :?

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

I think there's still much more to come from Depay, and we have to remember he is still finding his feet in a new team.

I fully expect him to still show his worth as the season progresses, and I stand by my preseason claim that there are strong similarities between him and Hazard, both physically, and in the way they like to play.

Martial is a different kettle of fish all together, and at this stage all we have to go on is that he is a very expensive panic buy at the end of the transfer window. There's nothing in his past history that states otherwise.

He reminds me of another 'next big thing' purchase MU made a few years back, but without the price tag.
Bebe-006.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ezequiel
Treebeard

Re: RE: Re: Anthony Martial

Post by Ezequiel »

Stemania wrote:
Ezequiel wrote:
stage.
mike_d99 is spot on.
Are you sure about that? Can't find it in the rules. :?
Maybe the ruling changed in the last few years, but I remember this being the case

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

He also needs to work on his fitness and stamina: of the 35 league games he was involved in last season, Martial completed 90 minutes just three times. It's a problem former manager Claudio Ranieri picked up on, the Italian stating that he sometimes took the youngster off because he had “run out of gas”.
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/eve ... dDYuCDh.99

A massive "wait and see" player. People get pissed off with Costa and Aguero not making it through a full game to maximise points potential and they are 10x the player Martial is at the moment surely.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Yeah, the Guardian podcast mentioned that he's only completed 90 mins 5 times in his entire senior career so far. I can't vouch for the accuracy of that figure, but considering the above post it seems likely to be true. :shock:

I'd be pretty surprised if he gets enough starts to be an FPL consideration for now. Even then, 8m puts him in the decent price bracket of the nailed on Gomis/Benteke/Lukaku. The fact he can play anywhere across the front three probably damages him a bit, especially as he's listed as a striker. It seems more likely to me that they'd field Rooney up top with Depay/Mata in the hole and Martial out wide more often than Martial up top with Rooney in the hole. I guess we'll have to wait and see. :?

Impossible_United
FISOhead

Post by Impossible_United »

Stemania wrote:Yeah, the Guardian podcast mentioned that he's only completed 90 mins 5 times in his entire senior career so far. I can't vouch for the accuracy of that figure, but considering the above post it seems likely to be true. :shock:

I'd be pretty surprised if he gets enough starts to be an FPL consideration for now. Even then, 8m puts him in the decent price bracket of the nailed on Gomis/Benteke/Lukaku. The fact he can play anywhere across the front three probably damages him a bit, especially as he's listed as a striker. It seems more likely to me that they'd field Rooney up top with Depay/Mata in the hole and Martial out wide more often than Martial up top with Rooney in the hole. I guess we'll have to wait and see. :?

Well Benteke was nailed on last year, cause this year :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But talking about the topic subject Martial is a big wait and see. But i don't think bringing a Manchester forward is a good choice. We have LvG now. He doesn't like the goal scoring factor. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Monsignor wrote:Ibarbo
Thread unrelated but it gives me the chills to read this name around here. This guy sucks big time, plays like he never controlled a ball before, stay away.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”