To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Anthony Martial

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Anthony Martial

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Sammy the Crab wrote:Not sure Martial (WBA) to Lukaku (whu) makes sense this week. Unless the value swing is huge of course. GW12 would make much more sense.
Got a feeling it will be. Martial close to a drop and lukaku close to a rise before today. Can see it being at least 0.4 diff by next GW. That makes a big diff if u are looking to get aguero back in

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

Man Utd arnt even creating many chances if they were peppering the opposition week in week out then it wouldnt be so bad but they arnt. He's been pushed out wide anyway i shipped him out a couple of weeks back

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:
Sammy the Crab wrote:Not sure Martial (WBA) to Lukaku (whu) makes sense this week. Unless the value swing is huge of course. GW12 would make much more sense.
Got a feeling it will be. Martial close to a drop and lukaku close to a rise before today. Can see it being at least 0.4 diff by next GW. That makes a big diff if u are looking to get aguero back in
Yes, even if like me you jumped on board at 8.0 I think the swing will be 0.3 at least in buy/sell price. That's a big difference between a capable defender or a Sunderland one for me in my Aguero teams. I'm quite torn though because I do prefer Benteke as a pick, even if Lukaku makes a bit more sense right now, and I'd rather give Martial one more week to see if Benteke starts and if Martial goes to number 9 against WBA.

Sadly though, I think I'll be forced by market forces into a move tonight. I'm not that worried though as I'd always half expected Lukaku to be in my team anyway, so maybe I'll find a way to get Benteke in for Pelle en route to Aguero.

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

I am the same, looking at Martial for another week/check on Benteke starting

I was looking at the Pelle out for Lukaku in a few weeks. The whole Martial thing hasn't worked out great :/

I have no other transfer planned but I left him this week as I planned to wait until after this Palace game, at least so I'd be annoyed to make the move now knowing I could have got someone else in last week as a better option going forward

See how the midweek CL game goes too before deciding, I think

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

I'm out of here! Trigger pulled last night before price rise/fall, Martial :arrow: Lukaku

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

I've been holding Mata for a while, one last chance of WBA home before selling?

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

And here is a premonition of Thursday's news: LvG's shock decision to change formation to 3-4-1-2 against CSKA, with both Martial and Rooney up front and Mata in the hole, reaped massive benefits in a 7-0 thrashing (Martial 3, Rooney 2, Mata 4 assists) for the astonished Russians who came to England expecting a quiet evening playing out a scoreless draw with possession football. In his after-match interview LvG stated that he believed that the result was an aberration, and felt WBA would offer more of an attacking threat at Old Trafford the following weekend, so he would be dropping Mata and reverting to 4-5-1 and matching the focus of Pulis on keeping a clean sheet, even if it meant annoying everybody on the FISO forums except those with WBA defenders.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Notned wrote:United look poor as an attacking force. Can't see any of their attackers being viable picks at this stage. I do think the defence is worthy of investment though, particularly with the upcoming run. May bring Rojo in this week, if no other issues arise.
Tbh, I thought this even when they were scoring. It just seemed weird\wrong, and the points were spread about.....

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

Martial in the forward role tonight with Rooney sat behind. They look poor in the final third though and i'm questioning whether to stick with Martial for one more week as initially planned is wise after all.

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

Taken off for Fellaini on 65mins. Lunacy.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Did he contribute to the second half?

Mata leaves the right touchline and creates something in the inside left channel - Rooney misses a howler.....

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

blahblah wrote:Did he contribute to the second half?

Mata leaves the right touchline and creates something in the inside left channel - Rooney misses a howler.....
Not really tbh. Really tempted to shift him barring any injuries to the rest of my squad.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Anyone for Rooney?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Aar0n_28 wrote:
blahblah wrote:Did he contribute to the second half?

Not really tbh. Really tempted to shift him barring any injuries to the rest of my squad.
He went off for Fellaini I hear? Doesn't sound great for his prospects of a number 9 position in the near future?

I've sold him on already but will keep a check on him. He could be back in for Pelle if Aguero has any set backs.

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

I wouldn't worry too much about the fact he went off - I expect that just would have been tactical/Van Gaal using Fellaini for an expected late onslaught. Main thing is he got his position back at no.9 and United looked much brighter, albeit I have only seen the first half so far. I've sold him too but he's on the watchlist.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I only saw the second, and the old 1980's Anfield "Attack, Attack, Attack...." was rather loud.

I sense performance-wise it was a game of two halves, as I saw nothing of the type of play from the first half highlights.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Looking at the touch map [ http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34717701 ] LvG obviously listened to his critics - and Manchester United certainly looked much more aggressive in the first half when I was watching the game (helped by Rojo ignoring his defensive duties and CSKA hardly venturing over the half way line) so perhaps there is some prospect of Martial playing in front of Rooney against sides where LvG's pessismism doesn't require a defensive low risk formation and attitude. That doesn't bode well for Martial as an FPL selection however, as it would probably require him to be benched a considerable amount of the time against sides who set up to counter attack, which seems to be an increasing trend, as suggested in the thread on clean sheets.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Left Wembley tonight on crutches and a strapped up ankle.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

They shouldn't have too much trouble identifying the dodgy bloke who snatched his bag though.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Wonder if FPL will just list him as a midfielder next season, would make him a much more attractive option.

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Wonder if FPL will just list him as a midfielder next season, would make him a much more attractive option.
Can't see there's much chance of that - I would consider him OOP if they did.

Rooney might be decent value though if re-classified and in the 8-8.5 bracket?

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Doesn't he mostly play as a winger at the moment, as he has done for most of his career?

Sánchez for example is listed as a midfielder. Unless Martial is playing upfront, I struggle to see how he will justify a striker spot in people's FPL squads.

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

I agree - its a subtle distinction. I'd describe him as a wide-striker and wouldn't classify Neymar as a midfielder either.

But you're right, make him a midfielder and he's probably a must, make him a forward and he's not likely to be viable.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

For what it's worth, most other fantasy games class Sanchez as a forward I believe (have never seen Martial listed as a midfielder).

It is a bit of a grey area and hard to know where to draw the line. For me I generally consider wide players in a 4-3-3 forwards, but wide players in 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 midfielders. Although it's not as simple as that, as teams don't play the same formation/system all season. Also, some wide players in 4-2-3-1 do more defensive work than others (Lingard v Martial being a good example from the games where they've started in the wide positions). I guess average position should probably be taken into account when deciding classifications, but even with that there would still be some very close calls.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Red Eye wrote:But you're right, make him a midfielder and he's probably a must, make him a forward and he's not likely to be viable.
Besides considerations about your squad structure, and price ranges by position, which alone can make him more appealing as a Mid,
don't forget he scored 11 goals and kept 14 CS, which as a Mid would have granted him 25 more FPL Pts
He'd have tallied 166p, like Alli, 14th in FPL and 8th in Mids, instead of 141p

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

thesilkworm wrote:For what it's worth, most other fantasy games class Sanchez as a forward I believe (have never seen Martial listed as a midfielder).

It is a bit of a grey area and hard to know where to draw the line. For me I generally consider wide players in a 4-3-3 forwards, but wide players in 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 midfielders. Although it's not as simple as that, as teams don't play the same formation/system all season. Also, some wide players in 4-2-3-1 do more defensive work than others (Lingard v Martial being a good example from the games where they've started in the wide positions). I guess average position should probably be taken into account when deciding classifications, but even with that there would still be some very close calls.
Martial is listed as a midfielder in EURO 2016 fantasy game :D

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Wonder if FPL will just list him as a midfielder next season, would make him a much more attractive option.
And Antonio as a defender. ;)

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

From4corners wrote:
And Rooney as a 4.5 bench fodder midfielder

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Calvin1979 wrote:
From4corners wrote:
And Rooney as a 4.5 bench fodder midfielder
Really? Rooney will be high up my shortlist if he's a mid and listed at anything around 9.0.

Willij5
FISOhead

Post by Willij5 »

Personally think Rooney will be mid listed at 8m.

On pens, some set pieces. Yes please.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”