To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Anthony Martial

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Anthony Martial

Post by blahblah »

Excluding the 3-1 where he was on the pitch for 26 mins and scored: he has played 90 mins in 5 matches; MU have scored 9 goals and he has contributed 2 goals and 1 assist (ie scored 2 in 9 and 1 ass in 7). Is that return worth holding?

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 28640....

Post by Bertie64 »

blahblah wrote:Excluding the 3-1 where he was on the pitch for 26 mins and scored: he has played 90 mins in 5 matches; MU have scored 9 goals and he has contributed 2 goals and 1 assist (ie scored 2 in 9 and 1 ass in 7). Is that return worth holding?
What I have watched on United he's been the biggest threat on the pitch.
He's been dumped out wide and when he has found some room to cut inside has made a difference.
The problem is that Rooney is often occupying the space he needs to exploit IMO. Either Rooney needs to get a shift on and start drawing some defenders with him, or Martial needs to be played in front of him.

The returns are pitiful, but the potential is there - I'm convinced anyway.
I would't blame anyone for losing patience, and I would't say bring him in... but while there is a hope that he may yet revert to a better playing position I will be holding (and if this hope disappears or I have a FT spare I will reconsider my position).

I'm amazed that almost 1,000,000 are still holding.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Bertie64 wrote:
blahblah wrote:Excluding the 3-1 where he was on the pitch for 26 mins and scored: he has played 90 mins in 5 matches; MU have scored 9 goals and he has contributed 2 goals and 1 assist (ie scored 2 in 9 and 1 ass in 7). Is that return worth holding?
He's been dumped out wide and when he has found some room to cut inside has made a difference.
The problem is that Rooney is often occupying the space he needs to exploit IMO. Either Rooney needs to get a shift on and start drawing some defenders with him, or Martial needs to be played in front of him.

I would't blame anyone for losing patience, and I would't say bring him in... but while there is a hope that he may yet revert to a better playing position I will be holding (and if this hope disappears or I have a FT spare I will reconsider my position).
Who are your other two strikers Bertie? I'd imagine that is also factored into many people's decision. Certainly the case for me anyway; it's as much about the fear that a couple of the ones I don't own might go on the rampage..

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bertie64 »

Notned wrote:
Bertie64 wrote:

Who are your other two strikers Bertie? I'd imagine that is also factored into many people's decision. Certainly the case for me anyway; it's as much about the fear that a couple of the ones I don't own might go on the rampage..
Kane / Pelle / Martial for me right now.
I know what you mean.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Bertie64 wrote:
Notned wrote:
Bertie64 wrote:

Kane / Pelle / Martial for me right now.
I know what you mean.
Nice. I would probably hold in that case too. I reckon at least one of Kane or Bony will get a haul this weekend..

mmikkeelee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mini league winner 2014\2015

Post by mmikkeelee »

blahblah wrote:
Tall Paul wrote:
mmikkeelee wrote:I heard off a little birdie giggsy wiggsy has had words with depay on how to conduct himself as a Utd player

Wether its true or not
Does Depay even have a brother and, if so, is he married?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry its gone right over my that one :?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Tried Google etc?

mmikkeelee
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mmikkeelee »

Hoping martial starts up front tonight and bangs a few in then maybe that will be his position for the weekend against palace

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bertie64 »

mmikkeelee wrote:Hoping martial starts up front tonight and bangs a few in then maybe that will be his position for the weekend against palace
Or Rooney could play 120 minutes and earn himself a rest...

mmikkeelee
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mmikkeelee »

Who knows what van tinkerman will come up with next but after seeing arsenal dumped out last night
Utd should field a strong team tonight

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

mmikkeelee wrote:Hoping martial starts up front tonight and bangs a few in then maybe that will be his position for the weekend against palace
My thinking exactly. Hopefully he starts and helps make the decision either way.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

LvG has probably heard rumours about the electric pace of Stewart Downing and will have deputed Martial to track him :twisted:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Rested. that really doesn't help. Although Bony starting potentially does..

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Anthony Martial is on for United and straight away takes two men on down the left. Can anyone find a winner or are we heading to extra-time?
Even when they are running out of time and in desperate need of a goal he gets played wide left? :roll:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Time for a Rooney red card?

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I'm really considering taking him out for Bony with one of my two frees. Definitely a very liberal use of a transfer, but City look like scoring lots of goals whereas United don't; and Bony plays centrally, whereas Martial doesn't look to be playing anywhere but wide.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

MPTree wrote:I'm really considering taking him out for Bony with one of my two frees. Definitely a very liberal use of a transfer, but City look like scoring lots of goals whereas United don't; and Bony plays centrally, whereas Martial doesn't look to be playing anywhere but wide.
I'd say thats a decent move myself.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

MPTree wrote:I'm really considering taking him out for Bony with one of my two frees. Definitely a very liberal use of a transfer, but City look like scoring lots of goals whereas United don't; and Bony plays centrally, whereas Martial doesn't look to be playing anywhere but wide.
Made the same move last night.

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bertie64 »

If LvG doesn't do something different this week then I'll be following suit. :evil:
Need to ditch Walcott for my -4 this week which will open up the remote possibility of considering Giroud too. :oops:
Glutton for punishment me :lol:

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Dropping tonight, not that it matters much.

CupidStunt000
FISOhead

Post by CupidStunt000 »

Notned wrote:
Same. Pretty easy decision with 2 free transfers and nothing else worth doing.

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

CupidStunt000 wrote:
Notned wrote:
Same. Pretty easy decision with 2 free transfers and nothing else worth doing.
I did likewise-Martial dropped last night too.

Went for Bony over Lukaku-seems a bit short term it's but the potential upsides are far greater IMO.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Agreed. May switch to Lukaku, or even back to Martial or Benteke, in a couple of weeks.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I think Bony instead of Lukaku for a two gameweek punt may work well. Bony has a good chance to outscore his additional transfer and meanwhile earn 0.1 too. It makes even more sense if you think he is your best captain option.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Seems like he's still out wide, time to jump off before the next drop?

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

Mav3rick wrote:Seems like he's still out wide, time to jump off before the next drop?
Possibly but I think the return of Young provides Van Gaal with another option on the left now. Memphis injured today I believe so Martial always like to start there.

Next week may be different but feels a bit like hope over expectation.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

With Benteke in the goals today, I suspect I will bring him in for Martial this week.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

What a joke this Man United is. Not scoring is one thing, but they actually never seem to be even close to scoring. Actually, with performances that we have seen, it would be quite surprising if they would score a goal, right?

If they play like this, I think something like 5 goals in next 10 matches is what we can expect from this team?

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Almost certainly my transfer out this week. Hoping he can survive another price drop long enough to allow me to see out the week's fixtures before deciding.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I have watched a lot of Man United games this season and they are always terrible to watch. Very boring boring games, far from what should be an enjoyable entertainment.

I mean really boring two hours every time you watch Man United game. I genuinely think that Rooney, Mata, Depay, just to mention few, are not good at football at the moment. Yes, I think they are not good at football.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”