To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Early wild card...yes or no

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Omarz14
Red & Blue Braces

Early wild card...yes or no

Post by Omarz14 »

Every season I save my wild card till the double gameweek and it usually pays dividends...but this season it looks different.

Any views on whether to save it or do it now?

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Re: Early wild card...yes or no

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Well you can't save it anymore, the first wildcard has to be used this calendar year.

Ezequiel
Treebeard

Post by Ezequiel »

Sammy the Crab wrote:Well you can't save it anymore, the first wildcard has to be used this calendar year.
This makes it so much easier to use now, with the international break. I usually was debating to save it till the end of the season, but this changes everything. Also, the fact that players can rise more than 3 times during a gameweek, makes a wildcard during the international break that much better.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Ezequiel wrote:
Sammy the Crab wrote:Well you can't save it anymore, the first wildcard has to be used this calendar year.
Also, the fact that players can rise more than 3 times during a gameweek
I understood that the maximum rise in a gameweek was 0.3M

Omarz14
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Omarz14 »

Its annoying when all you need is just three transfers but you don't wanna lose 8 points...at the same time you think that a -8 is not worth a wild card...very confusing :roll:

Ezequiel
Treebeard

Post by Ezequiel »

Curmudgeon wrote:
Ezequiel wrote:
Also, the fact that players can rise more than 3 times during a gameweek
I understood that the maximum rise in a gameweek was 0.3M
It was, but I read earlier this month that restriction was removed this season

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

That makes an arbitrage strategy potentially even more interesting!

Now if only I could get some seriously irrational bandwagons and kneejerking going during the international break I might be able to afford KdB and Martial for the bench, to keep De Gea, Wanyama and Berahino company . . .

(Or is that the sort of thing that got those guys who manipulated LIBOR locked up?)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Even if the limit of 3 rises had been removed, it's so rare for even a triple rise that a quadruple looks impossible in a practical sense. Mahrez was one of the bigger bandwagons and he didn't triple rise.

Don't forget that the transfer activity isn't constant over the long break. It tails off for the majority of the two weeks and only really shows big movements in the first and last few days. There might be some extra movement with the window closing if some big names come in.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

You're pretty much confirming my (completely unfounded in experience) expectations there, Mav3rick.

I should say that five of my Saturday night transfers in went up a point immediately over the weekend (and I added Gomis and Ayew yesterday who should go up tonight) and if any of them rise again in the next two weeks I will cash them in, but in any case I will be able to rejig my naively assembled initial squad in a couple of weeks time to account for international injuries, the deadline mayhem, and a little more knowledge acquired by lurking here for a month.

Using the wild card this fortnight is money for nothing and some picks for free, as a couple of my favourite Geordies once sang.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”