To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gameweek 5 Transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Gameweek 5 Transfers

Post by cesc408 »

Richards :arrow: Evans

TheChairLeg
Red & Blue Braces

Post by TheChairLeg »

I'm looking at pulling the trigger on Azpilcueta :arrow: Evans but I'm not sure if I should do it this week. With the fixtures they have:
Azpil (EVE (A))
Evans (SOT (H))
I'm not who would be more likely to keep a clean sheet. A close one in my eyes.

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

As there were no big name strikers that came in during the transfer window, will probably do the benteke > Wilson move. Not worried about catching any rises, next few games for Wilson look good and he has the form/confidence.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Buxton
Kevin and Perry

Post by Buxton »

Darmian :arrow: Cresswell

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

would you do Darmian :arrow: Shaw? considering Shaw's improving form for club and country and the fact his price is still rising?

Arseshavin
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: Gameweek 5 Transfers

Post by Arseshavin »

math! wrote:would you do Darmian :arrow: Shaw? considering Shaw's improving form for club and country and the fact his price is still rising?
Seems a pointless sideways move. I think Darmian is the better pick personally.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

He is a card magnet though.

mikek2010
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mikek2010 »

Just have enough for hazard, deneny TO Pedro, gomis ( already have Aguero & Wilson
BUUUUT -8 is that crazy??
Hazard has been ... Not worth it .. And Pedro seems really involved ...
And gomis .. Well good for a goal a game ? Is he?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

mikek2010 wrote:Just have enough for hazard, deneny TO Pedro, gomis ( already have Aguero & Wilson
BUUUUT -8 is that crazy??
Hazard has been ... Not worth it .. And Pedro seems really involved ...
And gomis .. Well good for a goal a game ? Is he?
Chasing last weeks points IMO and I suspect you've missed most of the Gomis train. He's not going to be a goal a game striker no.

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:As there were no big name strikers that came in during the transfer window, will probably do the benteke > Wilson move. Not worried about catching any rises, next few games for Wilson look good and he has the form/confidence.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk
Made the same move, now I have enough in the bank to upgrade one of my mids to Pedro, but holding off on that until after Saturday, no use in taking a hit for this, especially given Pedro's tough fixture.

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

I'm reluctantly transferring out Mane (2 transfers and happy with rest of squad), can't decide between Sako or Ayew. Looking at upcoming fixtures I'm favouring Ayew, unless anyone has any thoughts ? £7.8m to spend

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Is Depay :arrow: Sanchez worth a hit in your opinion? In theory Depay should be a perfect FPL player, he's a winger in a top4 side and on corners and direct free kicks. But when I watch him play he just looks lost.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

gallus wrote:Is Depay :arrow: Sanchez worth a hit in your opinion? In theory Depay should be a perfect FPL player, he's a winger in a top4 side and on corners and direct free kicks. But when I watch him play he just looks lost.
Sanchez has been equally poor tbf. I'm considering getting rid should he blank against Stoke.

Probablinho
Wideboy

Post by Probablinho »

Hi all,

I'm looking to get rid of two out of targett, o'shea and montero. I've 0.5 in the bank however o'shea has decreased in value by 0.1 already.

Any suggestions for who to change first? Looking around the bargain end of the spectrum any way but should I invest the extra 0.5 in midfield?

I'm struggling to think of anyone to bring in as replacements, it seems all the form players are out of my reach already haha.

Any and all help gratefully received!

Arsenal4EvERr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arsenal4EvERr »

Depay :arrow: Pedro
Benteke :arrow: Rondon

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

gallus wrote:Is Depay :arrow: Sanchez worth a hit in your opinion? In theory Depay should be a perfect FPL player, he's a winger in a top4 side and on corners and direct free kicks. But when I watch him play he just looks lost.
If you haven't already factored it in, DePay is likely to drop in price in the very near future.

Maybe dumping him now might help the landslide.

And you could pick him up again at Christmas for a bargain price just as he works out he has at least to try to go outside his man once or twice so they don't keep showing him the inside and blocking his shots.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

redcat1 wrote:I'm reluctantly transferring out Mane (2 transfers and happy with rest of squad), can't decide between Sako or Ayew. Looking at upcoming fixtures I'm favouring Ayew, unless anyone has any thoughts ? £7.8m to spend
You want to get rid of Mane just after he finally posted the returns his early form promised?

I wouldn't do it mate. He is still fpl gold, and just as likely to return explosive points as the other two, if not more so given his proven experience.

I'm actually thinking of bringing him in now he's dropped.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Sammy the Crab wrote:
Sanchez has been equally poor tbf. I'm considering getting rid should he blank against Stoke.
Sanchez's finishing has been poor, but his underlying stats are the best of all midfielders in terms of touches in the box and shots.

This says to me we owners have been a little unlucky not to get some decent returns thus far, but should do so very soon.

He is still the best goal scoring mid in the game, so just be patient is my advice. :wink:

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
redcat1 wrote:I'm reluctantly transferring out Mane (2 transfers and happy with rest of squad), can't decide between Sako or Ayew. Looking at upcoming fixtures I'm favouring Ayew, unless anyone has any thoughts ? £7.8m to spend
You want to get rid of Mane just after he finally posted the returns his early form promised?

I wouldn't do it mate. He is still fpl gold, and just as likely to return explosive points as the other two, if not more so given his proven experience.

What would you do then ?

Schmeichel/Schwarzer
Kolarov/Koscielny/Azpilicueta/Targett/Francis
Hazard/Toure/Ritchie/Fletcher/Mane
Aguero/Wilson/Benteke
2 transfers, no money

I'm happy with defence and strikers. Toure is a keeper, Fletcher is 5th choice and I'm giving Hazard and Ritchie a few more games to produce points. Doesn't leave me much to choose from, Fletcher to Wanyama to make £0.1m ?

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

Probablinho wrote:Hi all,

I'm looking to get rid of two out of targett, o'shea and montero. I've 0.5 in the bank however o'shea has decreased in value by 0.1 already.

Any suggestions for who to change first? Looking around the bargain end of the spectrum any way but should I invest the extra 0.5 in midfield?

I'm struggling to think of anyone to bring in as replacements, it seems all the form players are out of my reach already haha.

Any and all help gratefully received!
What's your starting defence for this game week ? If it's half decent, how about Sako or Redmond in for Montero, that would help to get a better defender in next transfer

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

redcat1 wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote:

What would you do then ?

Schmeichel/Schwarzer
Kolarov/Koscielny/Azpilicueta/Targett/Francis
Hazard/Toure/Ritchie/Fletcher/Mane
Aguero/Wilson/Benteke
2 transfers, no money

I'm happy with defence and strikers. Toure is a keeper, Fletcher is 5th choice and I'm giving Hazard and Ritchie a few more games to produce points. Doesn't leave me much to choose from, Fletcher to Wanyama to make £0.1m ?
Personally I think your team is fine, and if you're happy with it do you have to make a change?

My only advice on maximizing this gw's points potential:

If it was my team, the only things I would be wary of is Benteke and two BOU attackers.

I'd be tempted to do Benteke to Gomis to take advantage of Gomis against Watford. I see Benteke struggling against MU, and if you really want Benteke, then you can always bring him back in for Gomis next gw when he then has two consecutive 'easier' fixtures.

Two BOU attackers may work out ok given their nice fixtures, however I wouldn't be comfortable having two in such prominent places in my team.

Wilson is probably the best option of the two, so I would be tempted to get rid of Ritchie and maybe bank some cash for future upgrades. Maybe for someone like Sako as you mentioned. Better goal threat than Ritchie thus far and should make you some nice profits over the coming weeks.

These are of course forced changes if you really think it's necessary, otherwise I think your team is looking pretty solid. :wink:

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

redcat1 wrote:
What would you do then ?
Just for the record redcat, so you don't think I'm trying to give you bad advice, this is my team:
2015-09-10 00.18.37.png
I made one unnecessary change this gw really, but couldn't sleep until I did it.

Kompany out for Kolarov :roll:

I also have 1.0mil in the bank for defensive upgrades once Targett and or Gomez stop playing.

I was tempted to spend it on McCarthy to Fabianski, but don't think it's worth the -4.

Hopefully Butland can get a few saves.

Do you think it's worth a hit?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

Will shift Diouf, but sticking with Payet and Reid for the decent fixture. Wilson is the obvious choice, but Rondón as a punt is intriguing.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
Sammy the Crab wrote:
Sanchez's finishing has been poor, but his underlying stats are the best of all midfielders in terms of touches in the box and shots.

This says to me we owners have been a little unlucky not to get some decent returns thus far, but should do so very soon.

He is still the best goal scoring mid in the game, so just be patient is my advice. :wink:
I pulled the trigger on Depay :arrow: Sanchez, because Sanchez is one of my favorite players. :D

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

WC active:

Sinclair + Mahrez + Gomis + 0.5 ITB
OR
Sinclair + Ayew + Sakho + 0 ITB

I'd use 3 man rotation where always 2 of these players will play. Rest of the attacking players are: Sánchez, Pedro, Silva, Agüero, and Wilson.

Could easily see Mahrez's value go down very quickly if he fails to score points in the coming weeks...

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

I've just realised that I now have Gomes, Gomez and Gomis. I'm so pleased with this I might roll my transfer over.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

wibble_mcwoo wrote:I've just realised that I now have Gomes, Gomez and Gomis. I'm so pleased with this I might roll my transfer over.
:lol:

HQ Manoeuvre
FISOhead
FS Record: 1566 FPL 2011-12

Post by HQ Manoeuvre »

Depay dropped to 8.4 last night, prepare for a mega haul at the weekend.

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

Depay :arrow: Ayew

Did it yesterday evening fortunately.

Keeping Diouf, wasn't expecting a return this GW regardless, the next two look very promising.

mikey802
Wideboy

Post by mikey802 »

Really fancy getting in some spurs coverage with sunderland and palce up next, waiting on news on Christian Eriksen and wether or not he's likely to start

Montero > Eriksen

or

Montero > Chadli

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”