To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Aguero (Worth owning or not?)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Monsignor
FISOhead

Re: Aguero is sh*t

Post by Monsignor »

Stemania wrote:
Monsignor wrote:
sunnO)))jihai wrote:He actually set up the best chance for Agüero, who fluffed it.
The one where he missed the ball? Thought that was a Navas pass.
Nope, Navas went off at HT. Unless you're thinking of a different fluffing to the obvious one. :shock:
Nah, it's the obvious one, I got mixed up :)

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

2 goals and 3 assists against Bolivia in a friendly. why couldn't he have done that in the league when a MOTM cash prize was on the line :(

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

math! wrote:2 goals and 3 assists against Bolivia in a friendly. why couldn't he have done that in the league when a MOTM cash prize was on the line :(
The pain is coming for non owners.

There's only two certainties in life, and they are paying taxes, and the best striker in the Premier League by some margin will continue scoring goals. :D

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Why would anyone triple captain in a single gameweek?

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Impatience, ignorance, stupidity? All those things that make most supposed human beings more like lemmings.

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Post by jeffmcgow »

Curmudgeon wrote:Impatience, ignorance, stupidity? All those things that make most supposed human beings more like lemmings.
I've seen a guy use it to grab a £25 August manager of the month prize in my minileague: Kompany's 5 points tripled to 15. (Irony is that he'd have won the prize just by captaining Kompany.) A least now he's covered his £20 entry fee.

Let's hope that when we come to captain Aguero in a DGW we receive more than 15 points. Mind you, the way this season is going.... :lol:

Ezequiel
Treebeard

Post by Ezequiel »

In my private league, 3 people have used the Triple captain already. All 3 managed to get 3(!) points.

1 used it because he thought it was something that could be used every week. He's from Canada and this is his first time actually playing
The other 2 used it to try and catch up but failed miserably

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Using it for a monthly prize is clearly valid, the others are just lack of game knowledge.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Another goal and assist in Argentina's final outing.

That's 3 goals and 4 assists in his last 2 competitive matches.

Clearly past his prime. :P

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

NoEyeDeer wrote:That's 3 goals and 4 assists in his last 2 competitive matches.
He actually has 0 goals and 0 assists in his last 2 competitive matches.

Unless we're calling friendlies "competitive" now. :P

Would be nice if he could start doing it when it matters.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:

Despite being attached to the chin of a living legend, you sound as though you've never played a game of football!

No such thing as a 'friendly' game my friend. :wink:

Mike James
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1,067th in FPL 2007-2008

Post by Mike James »

Aguero is not sh*t. I'm not writing any more in here or wasting my time reading further comments.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

NoEyeDeer wrote: Despite being attached to the chin of a living legend, you sound as though you've never played a game of football!

You are wrong.

Friendly game is friendly game and competitive game is competitive game. It's not so difficult to understand that, is it?

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Some friendlies are very competitive but I saw the 7-0 and it was fairly easy for Argentina. I wouldn't count it and besides Aguero had a body language that suggested he was working on fitness during the game. Obviously he is not sh*t and I admired the way he went about things. He's gonna be firing soon.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Finisher1 wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote: Despite being attached to the chin of a living legend, you sound as though you've never played a game of football!

You are wrong.

Friendly game is friendly game and competitive game is competitive game. It's not so difficult to understand that, is it?
Can you elaborate further for us common folk please?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:

You are wrong.

I'm sorry but I can't really say it more clearly :roll:

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:

You are wrong.

I think he is taking the general definition of a competitive game - "a game that is a part of a competition". Some people define a competitive game as "a game in which players compete". Which is not the same thing obviously. Or maybe he's just being a smartass. :P

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
Pirlo's Beard wrote:

Despite being attached to the chin of a living legend, you sound as though you've never played a game of football!

If you don't get the difference between a friendly and a competitive game then you certainly are the one who's never played a "game of football".

Back on topic, because Aguero is Aguero there has been little challenge on his performances so far. He's been unlucky so far (could have scored 3 against Chelsea) and the goals will come eventually. But considering his price this year, if he has a quite year and score say less de than 20, you could be better off spreading the money elsewhere, for instance on City's midfield. The question can be asked, is Aguero a must have this year.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

For me Aguero is a must have. His goals return will prove why he is so expensive. Early days yet so no need to panic.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

gallus wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:

You are wrong.

I think he is taking the general definition of a competitive game - "a game that is a part of a competition". Some people define a competitive game as "a game in which players compete". Which is not the same thing obviously. Or maybe he's just being a smartass. :P
:idea: :lol:

Finisher1 wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:

You are wrong.

I'm sorry but I can't really say it more clearly :roll:
Some people are just too easy. :P :wink:

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

matmutte wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote:
Pirlo's Beard wrote:

If you don't get the difference between a friendly and a competitive game then you certainly are the one who's never played a "game of football".

Back on topic, because Aguero is Aguero there has been little challenge on his performances so far. He's been unlucky so far (could have scored 3 against Chelsea) and the goals will come eventually. But considering his price this year, if he has a quite year and score say less de than 20, you could be better off spreading the money elsewhere, for instance on City's midfield. The question can be asked, is Aguero a must have this year.
To address your first sentence: There's no difference to a player once they're on the field, hence the 'played a game of football' comment, which by the way was made in good fun if you couldn't tell by the original comment.

To address your other question: Yes he is a must have, however by all means get rid of him and spread your funds, then let the rest of us know how you go. :wink:

folcane
Treebeard

Post by folcane »

matmutte wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote:
Pirlo's Beard wrote:

Please drop Agüero sir and make my day. Because if I should drop him I'm pretty sure he'll go bazerk this weekend. I'm begging you pleesssuuuh sir ;)

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

I dropped Wilson and he got a hat trick, I'm not dropping Aguero.

Scottoffee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in a month on Sky at some point...

Post by Scottoffee »

math! wrote:2 goals and 3 assists against Bolivia in a friendly. why couldn't he have done that in the league when a MOTM cash prize was on the line :(
Bolivia ranked 67th though... Argentina 1st.

I challenge anyone to name a current Bolivian international without wiki-ing it!

Basically the equivalent of City playing one of the weaker Championship clubs.

Back on topic though, he's clearly not shit, just overpriced if he's going to be blanking more frequently than previous seasons.

I've gone for Yaya and Silva...

If Yaya can repeat his season before last he'll out score Aguero (he's started like it) and Silva was only like 20 pts off him last season - an easy enough amount to make up if spending the 3.0 extra elsewhere...

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Scottoffee wrote:I challenge anyone to name a current Bolivian international without wiki-ing it!
Marcelo Moreno ;)

GreekGeekFromGweek
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Superb

Post by GreekGeekFromGweek »

Scottoffee wrote:I challenge anyone to name a current Bolivian international without wiki-ing it!
The goalkeeper who nearly came to Man United in the De Gea deal, Kaylor Navas.

Scottoffee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in a month on Sky at some point...

Post by Scottoffee »

Le Red wrote:
Marcelo Moreno ;)
Of the mighty Changchun Yatai F.C...

Would also have accepted Daniel Vaca (Gk.) if anyone else has played too much Football Manager...

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Le Red »

GreekGeekFromGweek wrote:
He's from Costa Rica... Major diference there :shock:

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Le Red »

Scottoffee wrote:
Le Red wrote:
Marcelo Moreno ;)
Of the mighty Changchun Yatai F.C...

Would also have accepted Daniel Vaca (Gk.) if anyone else has played too much Football Manager...
Moreno is actually a well-known player in Brazil. Many players here are going for Chinese football, to make our national championship even poorer than it already is.
Even the best Brazilian teams would struggle to avoid relegation in the EPL.

Ezequiel
Treebeard

Post by Ezequiel »

GreekGeekFromGweek wrote:
Not even the same region... He's from Costa Rica, who play in the CONCACAF.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”