To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Aguero (Worth owning or not?)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Re: Aguero is sh*t

Post by NoEyeDeer »

From the FFS website:

Pellegrini: “Sergio is fit – he’s ready to come back. David continues with some small sprain in his ankle so it’s a risk for him to play."

Looks like he'll be the transfer of choice for many next gw, so some of us may need to jump on early to avoid what presumably will be a rapid price hike. Of course he has to come through this gw unscathed first.

May force the hand of a few who hadn't planned to get him as early as next gw, but a 3-4pt gw rise may cause issues later on for some. I definitely don't want to be paying more than his current price to be honest.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

GingerMonkey wrote:For what it's worth (not much), I've done the latter this week: Bony to Lukaku. Pelle to Aguero is pencilled in for next week.
The Toon Man wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:I'd be tempted if Pelle had a bad fixture this week (he'll be the one to make way for Aguero). Doesn't seem worth the risk to do it this week when Pelle is also a good option.
That's also the opinion I've settled on
Same here.

PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Post by PitchBookMaker »

I think it's also important to bear in mind that City have a Champions League match next week against Juventus. Whilst they've already qualified for the knock-out stages, we need to remember that currently Aguero is City's only fit striker for that match as Bony still struggles with injury and Iheanacho is not eligible to play in the tournament. So even if Kun makes it through the Liverpool match unscathed, there's still the risk of injury or relapse during the week...

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I'm thinking of doing Bony :arrow: Agüero tomorrow morning, and funding it with a hit.

The alternative is to bring in someone as a short term punt, and then bring in Agüero later, but that seems like a waste of a transfer when there's a chance Agüero will start tomorrow.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

PitchBookMaker wrote:I think it's also important to bear in mind that City have a Champions League match next week against Juventus. Whilst they've already qualified for the knock-out stages, we need to remember that currently Aguero is City's only fit striker for that match as Bony still struggles with injury and Iheanacho is not eligible to play in the tournament. So even if Kun makes it through the Liverpool match unscathed, there's still the risk of injury or relapse during the week...
Excellent point. Maybe worth holding out for a couple of days until after that game, in an ideal world, and just hoping the price rises aren't too rapid. I guess an Aguero blank off the bench would be best all round this week, although I fear that the mere sight of him on the touchline will have the masses pulling the trigger.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Aguero 25% to a rise already :)

I'll likely stick to the plan of Pelle :arrow: Aguero next week, I can't justify a hit this week for a player who may not start. I think those with Bony have been unlucky, a real touch of the Dzekos there.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

I think any sort of performance he'll rocket as he has such low ownership. A blank and no injury could see one or two rises next week but anything better and it'll be three in no time.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I'm sure he'll rise next week, there are so many of us here talking about bringing him in and Pelle who is in a lot of teams is running out of good games and is dropping.

PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Post by PitchBookMaker »

why was his price not locked?

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Will wait and see his performance

Neiler
Treebeard

Post by Neiler »

Key thing is Bony is out and cant see them playing Sterling up top Vs Liverpool.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Fools. He might get injured again for all we know.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Notned wrote:
PitchBookMaker wrote:I think it's also important to bear in mind that City have a Champions League match next week against Juventus. Whilst they've already qualified for the knock-out stages, we need to remember that currently Aguero is City's only fit striker for that match as Bony still struggles with injury and Iheanacho is not eligible to play in the tournament. So even if Kun makes it through the Liverpool match unscathed, there's still the risk of injury or relapse during the week...
Excellent point. Maybe worth holding out for a couple of days until after that game, in an ideal world, and just hoping the price rises aren't too rapid. I guess an Aguero blank off the bench would be best all round this week, although I fear that the mere sight of him on the touchline will have the masses pulling the trigger.
Im not sure it is an excellent point. As they have already qualified he doesn't have to play regardless of the striker crisis. They can play Sterling up front. Simple solution.
Last edited by gooberman on 21 Nov 2015, 09:03, edited 1 time in total.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

81.9% so looks like a rise tonight.

Will you transfer him in early or take the price rise(s) and wait until after the CL game?

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:81.9% so looks like a rise tonight.

Will you transfer him in early or take the price rise(s) and wait until after the CL game?
Depends on how the prospective facilitators do today for me. My ideal scenario would be to do it for a single hit funded by downgrading Mane. If this is the case, I'll have to act quickly as funds will be tight. If anything else crops up though (ie a defender is dropped, none of the mid-priced mids impress etc), and it looks like I'll be taking an additional hit, that will give me a bit more leeway to wait a few days.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

"I don’t think he is ready to play 90 minutes or to play two or three games in a week".

“But he must start in this game because we don’t have Bony and it is important for the team to have Sergio.”

That first point possibly hints at him not featuring midweek, as Gooberman said. Possibly good news with regard to acting quick before he rises?

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: Aguero is sh*t

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

I can take a 0.1 rise without destroying my team so hope he doesn't rise more than that before the CL game

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

White Tiger
Grumpy Old Man

Post by White Tiger »

GingerMonkey wrote:For what it's worth (not much), I've done the latter this week: Bony to Lukaku. Pelle to Aguero is pencilled in for next week.
Same here. I'd already done Payet :arrow: Deulofeu, so I took a hit for Lukaku & made him captain. Should be a hit worth taking though.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Aguero is sh*t

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:

I can take a 0.1 rise without destroying my team so hope he doesn't rise more than that before the CL game

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk
He's now over the 100% on fplstats and likely to be well over by tonight to make a rise highly likely, the tables have been wrong before re-Pedro so i wouldn't say absolutely definite.

The not likely to play two or three games a week quote from Pelli, perhaps suggesting no or limited Champions league involvement may also persuade people to move early to avoid the max three rises this week.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Notned wrote:
"I don’t think he is ready to play 90 minutes or to play two or three games in a week".

“But he must start in this game because we don’t have Bony and it is important for the team to have Sergio.”

That first point possibly hints at him not featuring midweek, as Gooberman said. Possibly good news with regard to acting quick before he rises?
Excellent deduction

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Fink I'm bringing him in after da game, assuming he comes through it ok. Can only afford a 0.1 price swing.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Another important point is Pellé, likely to be the main fall guy for many is now down on -67% and if there is a rush on Kun transfers could also drop fairly soon.

Well worth checking if this will effect the sell price for him.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Yeah I'm very likely to act today. I usually like to wait, but the hint at lack of Champions League involvement and likely TV swing seems to make it worth the risk.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Another important point is Pellé, likely to be the main fall guy for many is now down on -67% and if there is a rush on Kun transfers could also drop fairly soon.

Well worth checking if this will effect the sell price for him.
I'll very likely make the switch tonight for this reason. Expecting a 0.2 swing there and probably a further 0.1 if I wait to the CL game. That's a big chunk of replacement defender gone.

It's very fortunate that the City game is today.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Yeah, I think I'll move tonight too just on account of the Pelle/Aguero price swing. Just need to decide on an enabler to bring in for Ayew.

PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Post by PitchBookMaker »

gooberman wrote:
Notned wrote:Excellent point. Maybe worth holding out for a couple of days until after that game, in an ideal world, and just hoping the price rises aren't too rapid. I guess an Aguero blank off the bench would be best all round this week, although I fear that the mere sight of him on the touchline will have the masses pulling the trigger.
Im not sure it is an excellent point. As they have already qualified he doesn't have to play regardless of the striker crisis. They can play Sterling up front. Simple solution.
With Nasri injured and Silva still not 100%, they're running a bit short of options in midfield...

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Le Red wrote:
LAMPS27 wrote:Hate to say it but I'm tempted to build a team without him.

I have Kane already and an excellent midfield. I can't say I'm overly in love with his fixtures until GW18 but this is the Xmas period and I can't see him playing every minute.

I may go with Lukaku and Kane for a few weeks and see if he forces my hand but the next 5 don't appeal to me even if he is the best player in the best team.
I won't say this is a bad idea but good luck with picking the right captains. It has been a challenge to choose them since Aguero got injured and most choices went from bad to mediocre.
And captaining Aguero every week worked so well for us right? :D Lukaku is a great captain option, and if you have Kane and Sanchez as well you can have a very strong captain every week. The problem with Aguero are price rises. If he scores today I'll be forced to get him because I can't afford a single rise.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I have to say, I've been reconsidering my Aguero position a bit. I do still rate him, but I could put Kane in for GW14 and as had been pointed out, the captaincy can be handled.

I think a lot depends on how he looks today, but leaving it a few weeks gives me the option to upgrade Lukaku to Aguero and his price rises are likely to be partly negated by further rises on Lukaku, it would also save me a hit and awkward defensive choices.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:I have to say, I've been reconsidering my Aguero position a bit. I do still rate him, but I could put Kane in for GW14 and as had been pointed out, the captaincy can be handled.

I think a lot depends on how he looks today, but leaving it a few weeks gives me the option to upgrade Lukaku to Aguero and his price rises are likely to be partly negated by further rises on Lukaku, it would also save me a hit and awkward defensive choices.
Decent option, but Lukaku is looking increasingly like a season keeper this year. Be a tough one to lose, on current form.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”