To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Aguero (Worth owning or not?)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Re: Aguero is sh*t

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Says the man who has the time and inclination to respond and yet add so little to the discussion. ;)

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

This analysis of kun after similar layoffs was posted by Gaurav Dahiya on the transfer hub, apologies if it's just a repeat of previous postings on this thread.

"Did some research on this topic on my own, here's what I found:
http://www.transfermarkt.com/sergio-agu ... aison=2014
If Aguero comes back as expected vs Pool, he'd have missed 6 weeks of action. So I'll be looking at comparable incidences where he's missed substantial time, at least a month.

Last year: got injured on 6th Dec, came back: 10th Jan. 1 assist in next 4 games, 3 goals and 3 assists in next 11 games, before he truly hits form (9 goals 2 assists in the next 7)

2013: injured for a month in December. Came back - 2 goals 1 assist in 2 games, gets injured again. Out for 2 and a half months now. Comes back - 2G 2A in 6 games.

2012: injured for a month in September. Comes back - 2G 1A in the next 5, 5G 1A in the next 10

My conclusion: except last year, he did reasonably well after coming back from long absences. Last year's injury may have been more fresh in our memories, which could explain the rationale that he has a slow start."

Obviously there's no real sample size here and everything can just be natural variance but enough for me not to draw conclusions either way, certainly not always a slow starter. I'll be watching to see if he gets on and how sharp he looks but haven't made my mind up on definitely delaying and will be in a position to move early.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

I'm all set to move early as well, for no hits in GW14.

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

The Toon Man wrote:I'm all set to move early as well, for no hits in GW14.
I'll probably do the same. As with many discussions like this I think the sample sizes being discussed don't represent any kind of significance - he's the best striker in the league playing for (when they feel like it) the best attacking side.

As soon as its clear he's properly fit and ready to start games I'll do Pelle :arrow: Aguero, for which GW14 seems a natural time.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

Red Eye wrote:
I'll probably do the same. As with many discussions like this I think the sample sizes being discussed don't represent any kind of significance - he's the best striker in the league playing for (when they feel like it) the best attacking side.

As soon as its clear he's properly fit and ready to start games I'll do Pelle :arrow: Aguero, for which GW14 seems a natural time.
Fits like a glove that after Pelle's frustrating 2 points against Stoke we will be able to get rid for Saints visit to City, in a transfer for the best player in the league :D

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

The Toon Man wrote:
Red Eye wrote:

Fits like a glove that after Pelle's frustrating 2 points against Stoke we will be able to get rid for Saints visit to City, in a transfer for the best player in the league :D
You mean after his goodbye 16 point haul :)

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

Le Red wrote:
You mean after his goodbye 16 point haul :)
You'll forever be an optimist in my book from now on!

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Pictured in training:
http://goo.gl/dfKlbb

Still suspect just some minutes from the bench. Let's see if the pressers give us anything tomorrow.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: RE: Re: Aguero is sh*t

Post by liquidfootball2 »

MPTree wrote:Pictured in training:
http://goo.gl/dfKlbb

Still suspect just some minutes from the bench. Let's see if the pressers give us anything tomorrow.
Both Silva and Kun 25% flagged which following Bellerin we now know is FPL's new certain to start flag.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I'll take an 8 point hit to bring him in next week. I could get him for a 4 point hit but an additional hit means keeping Kane instead of Vardy.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Providing he gets some minutes without any repercussions, I'll bring him back for a -4 next week. Funded by downgrading either Mane or a defender (I need another 1.1m..).

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

Hate to say it but I'm tempted to build a team without him.

I have Kane already and an excellent midfield. I can't say I'm overly in love with his fixtures until GW18 but this is the Xmas period and I can't see him playing every minute.

I may go with Lukaku and Kane for a few weeks and see if he forces my hand but the next 5 don't appeal to me even if he is the best player in the best team.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

LAMPS27 wrote:Hate to say it but I'm tempted to build a team without him.

I have Kane already and an excellent midfield. I can't say I'm overly in love with his fixtures until GW18 but this is the Xmas period and I can't see him playing every minute.

I may go with Lukaku and Kane for a few weeks and see if he forces my hand but the next 5 don't appeal to me even if he is the best player in the best team.
I won't say this is a bad idea but good luck with picking the right captains. It has been a challenge to choose them since Aguero got injured and most choices went from bad to mediocre.

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

Le Red wrote:I won't say this is a bad idea but good luck with picking the right captains. It has been a challenge to choose them since Aguero got injured and most choices went from bad to mediocre.
Yeah Captains is a problem.

FWIW my provisional captains are:

GW13 - Kane(WHU)/Lukaku (AVL)
GW14 - Sanchez/Ozil (nor)
GW15 - Sanchez/Ozil (SUN)
GW16 - Kane (NEW)
GW17 - Lukaku (LEI)

That's the rough blue print anyway.... up against Aguero's LIV, SOU, stk, SWA, ars.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Feels good having Aguero back in my team, life's a lot better without a Aguero stress.

Who's fitter Bony or Aguero, I'll take my chances, Liverpool will have a go and get badly exposed.

owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Post by owenclass »

I hope he is back for the Liverpool game

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 6m6 minutes ago

PELLEGRINI: “Sergio is fit – he’s ready to come back. David continues with some small sprain in his ankle so it’s a risk for him to play."

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

That sounds like he's likely to start the game then.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

Tall Paul wrote:That sounds like he's likely to start the game then.
You'd think so, particularly as Bony was ruled out. Tempted?

I could get him in for a -4 this week but I'm pretty sure I'll wait.

Mane + Pelle + 4 points vs Alli + Aguero. I'll leave my trust in the Saints for 1 more week

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

It's pretty much bang on his initial injury length prognosis so I suppose we shouldn't be surprised.

I'm kindof glad the fixture is a relatively tough one, as if it were something like Bournemouth/Norwich/Sunderland at home it would be a tough decision as to whether to take a cheeky early hit. With it being Liverpool it's perhaps a good opportunity to sit back and see how it goes before slotting him back in next week.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

Stemania wrote:It's pretty much bang on his initial injury length prognosis so I suppose we shouldn't be surprised.

I'm kindof glad the fixture is a relatively tough one, as if it were something like Bournemouth/Norwich/Sunderland at home it would be a tough decision as to whether to take a cheeky early hit. With it being Liverpool it's perhaps a good opportunity to sit back and see how it goes before slotting him back in next week.
I'll be in the sit back and wait camp also. Would take some big balls to get him and (c) him!

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I need a Bony replacement and can bring Aguero in for free this week. Very tempted. It's either that, or Bony to Lukaku/Benteke this week and Pellè to Aguero next week.

GingerMonkey
FISOhead

Post by GingerMonkey »

For what it's worth (not much), I've done the latter this week: Bony to Lukaku. Pelle to Aguero is pencilled in for next week.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Yes, I'm leaning that way too. Feels a lot more sensible and gives me a good captaincy option this week.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

If I had a free transfer I'd certainly be tempted, but having already used it on Payet, I'll definitely leave it at least a week.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

I'd be tempted if Pelle had a bad fixture this week (he'll be the one to make way for Aguero). Doesn't seem worth the risk to do it this week when Pelle is also a good option.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

thesilkworm wrote:I'd be tempted if Pelle had a bad fixture this week (he'll be the one to make way for Aguero). Doesn't seem worth the risk to do it this week when Pelle is also a good option.
That's also the opinion I've settled on

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

I'll also wait until next week, even though I have a FT left.

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

I need shot of Bony...will wait on Aguero until next week although i'm tempted to do Bony :arrow: Lukaku for a 4 pointer today (ahoulf have done this a fortnight ago: :roll:

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

I'm waiting until next week. Have already taken an 8pt hit this week, and can bring him in next for 4pt hit. That's right, points hits don't scare me. I revel in them.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”