To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Aguero (Worth owning or not?)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Kotzata
Treebeard
FS Record: 47k, 40k, 33k, 379k, 40k

Re: Aguero is sh*t

Post by Kotzata »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
Kotzata wrote:If you don't have him, do you get him in for the next two games? This season is such a lottery, Aguero was in a very bad form and it continued today; Sanchez was in a very bad form and he scored a hattrick today. We can't predict anything. NEW and BOU really look the best you can get, and the question is the historical performance of Aguero (monster) vs his current play (shit)
What do you consider bad form? Before Sanchez's hat-trick, he led the league in almost every major attacking statistic, yet the final product alluded him. Is that poor form or poor luck? In other words, his stats suggested a monster score wasn't far away.

Whilst I'm not aware of Aguero's stats, from what I've seen (I've watched each of his matches), besides the Spurs match where he was nonexistent, and it must be said ignored for the most part by his peers, he hasn't played poorly at all, and has had many opportunities to score, and score big. As in Sanchez's case, the only thing to allude him was the final product.

For these reasons, I'll be hanging on to Aguero, just like I did with Sanchez, as I am almost certain that like Sanchez, Aguero's form suggests a monster score is not far away.
I've seen Sanchez play. He was not in his usual form. Probably after Copa America he didn't get enough rest and was mistaking simple passes and rushing his play. Also despite his numerous shots inside the box, they were not of the best quality - see last week's attempt vs Chelsea as an example. The only exceptions to me are the two unlucky posts against Stoke. That's what I mean by a bad form, not just the lack of FPL points.

Same regarding Aguero - he's nowhere near his best. I am watching the games and I can clearly see the lack of confidence when making shots and the frustration in him that things are not quite ticking for him at the moment. And for seven gameweeks now he's been a terrible pick for those that have picked him for 13.2. He may well score a hattrick in the next game like Sanchez did yesterday, or he may continue his bad form and fail to produce anything again. To me it's been a big lottery thus far this season, but I will stop here and not talk about the luck involved in this game because I know nothing constructive will come out of it :D

muldoon
FISOhead
FS Record: many years playing TFF, still learning the FPL ropes

Post by muldoon »

If Aguero does'nt score in the next 2 I hope he gets injured so he will force me to drop him, as I'm like a moth to flame at the moment and keep coming back and getting burned over and over, and am too chicken to pick anyone else for fear of 'the haul'.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Ok I can see the argument for Sturridge. I do believe he is a very good player when healthy. I just am very, very down on this Liverpool bunch. Maybe one striker is enough to change that around. We shall see.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Kotzata wrote:I've seen Sanchez play. He was not in his usual form. Probably after Copa America he didn't get enough rest and was mistaking simple passes and rushing his play. Also despite his numerous shots inside the box, they were not of the best quality - see last week's attempt vs Chelsea as an example. The only exceptions to me are the two unlucky posts against Stoke. That's what I mean by a bad form, not just the lack of FPL points.
But he all of the sudden got in usual form this week? Suddenly? Come on.

Incrediblewoody
Wideboy

Post by Incrediblewoody »

I just can't bring myself to drop Aguero! He does look a yard or two off pace at the moment, there were a couple of moments in the Tottenham game where he just couldn't seem to control the ball in the box.

Sanchez, before his hat-trick was still getting into positions and looking dangerous, he did 'score' the other week (given as an own goal despite the ball being on the line when touched by the defender) and did 'assist' Ramsey (Ramsey called offside despite being onside..).

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry

Post by MinimalFuss »

At the weekend I decided I Sanchez was on his last chance, got a hat-trick. This weekend Aguero is on his last chance against Newcastle, he's costing points now, there's a number of much cheaper alternatives doing much more. Newcastle or nothing for me.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

MinimalFuss wrote:At the weekend I decided I Sanchez was on his last chance, got a hat-trick. This weekend Aguero is on his last chance against Newcastle, he's costing points now, there's a number of much cheaper alternatives doing much more. Newcastle or nothing for me.
Bournemouth at home after Newcastle. There's no way you will drop him for that

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

I will never drop Aguero, and he'll get the armband in the next two, however if he doesn't get the job done in those two, then I'll be looking at other captain alternatives more closely until he does fire.

In my opinion, I rate Aguero as highly as the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Iba and Suarez, and it's very rare that players of this caliber turn shit overnight.

Besides the Spurs match where he and the whole team played poorly, and the match he got injured, he has had many, many scoring chances, just like Sanchez before him.

Has his finishing been poor? Yes.

Has he looked a yard or two off the pace? No.

I'm quite confident the returns will come in the next two, and I hope those jumping ship don't miss out. Or do I? :lol:

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

Really do not know what to do now. I was one of the players to jump on the Aguero train early this season, and I captainted him until GW6, in which point I sold him.

Now I have Wilson injured, and I am looking at City's next two fixtures.....surely. SURELY. It is incredibly unwise to omit him for the next two weeks

I am going to take a rather large hit this week regardless (I have targett, Wilson & Yaya in my team, and I'd like to get rid of Clyne)

I can see it biting me in the ass if I don't get him in now, he'll score a damn hattrick or something (this has been my justification each week that I kept him..)

reddevil 99
FISOhead

Post by reddevil 99 »

No....Costa is shit.

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

It's one of those dilemmas that isn't actually a dilemma, at least not at the moment. Aguero has 2 great fixtures coming up and he just will not continue failing to score at the current rate. Even if he blanks in both, I'll probably end up keeping him. I know he'll come good!

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Bobby Chopps wrote:It's one of those dilemmas that isn't actually a dilemma, at least not at the moment. Aguero has 2 great fixtures coming up and he just will not continue failing to score at the current rate. Even if he blanks in both, I'll probably end up keeping him. I know he'll come good!
Definition of escalating commitment. I am in the same boat though...just hoping for an injury tonight so I don't even have to think about it any longer.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

ctibbits wrote:
Bobby Chopps wrote:It's one of those dilemmas that isn't actually a dilemma, at least not at the moment. Aguero has 2 great fixtures coming up and he just will not continue failing to score at the current rate. Even if he blanks in both, I'll probably end up keeping him. I know he'll come good!
Definition of escalating commitment. I am in the same boat though...just hoping for an injury tonight so I don't even have to think about it any longer.
And if the change was forced upon all of us (Aguero owners) who would be the player to have. Nobody jumps out on current form. Would possibly lean towards Lukaku, although he has blanked in 5 games.
Costa would be another gamble, Yet to hit any form, like Kane who has also only got 1 BPL goal.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

cesc408 wrote:
ctibbits wrote:
And if the change was forced upon all of us (Aguero owners) who would be the player to have. Nobody jumps out on current form. Would possibly lean towards Lukaku, although he has blanked in 5 games.
Costa would be another gamble, Yet to hit any form, like Kane who has also only got 1 BPL goal.
Sturridge obviously.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Well, Liverpool's good fixture run lasts three Game Weeks, which is probably one more than Sturridge will remain fit. :roll:

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

gallus wrote:
cesc408 wrote:
ctibbits wrote:
Sturridge obviously.
I'm not so sure. If Aguero gets inj*red for an extended peroid, I think three premium midfielders would be the best way forward. Something like: KDB, Sanchez, Hazard, Mahrez; Lukaku, Martial, Gomis as a front seven would be my preference.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

MPTree wrote:
gallus wrote:
cesc408 wrote:
ctibbits wrote:
Sturridge obviously.
I'm not so sure. If Aguero gets inj*red for an extended peroid, I think three premium midfielders would be the best way forward. Something like: KDB, Sanchez, Hazard, Mahrez; Lukaku, Martial, Gomis as a front seven would be my preference.
Sturridge over Hazard for me. People have forgotten just how good Sturridge is when he's fit.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Missed a couple of good chances so far tonight (UCL)

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

cesc408 wrote:Missed a couple of good chances so far tonight (UCL)
Yeah continues to be non-existent.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Here's hoping that the penalty tonight will open the floodgates. He's certainly been getting the chances, and isn't going to carry on with that low conversion rate for long.

Definitely my captain this week, not that it was ever in much doubt.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

ctibbits wrote:
cesc408 wrote:Missed a couple of good chances so far tonight (UCL)
Yeah continues to be non-existent.
Just like Sanchez...until his hat trick.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Notned wrote:Here's hoping that the penalty tonight will open the floodgates. He's certainly been getting the chances, and isn't going to carry on with that low conversion rate for long.

Some people think he will. Some people also thought Sanchez was shit and then he bagged a hat trick and now averaging 6.0 points per start. I see eerily simialrities between the two.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

SuperGrover wrote:
Notned wrote:Here's hoping that the penalty tonight will open the floodgates. He's certainly been getting the chances, and isn't going to carry on with that low conversion rate for long.

Some people think he will. Some people also thought Sanchez was shit and then he bagged a hat trick and now averaging 6.0 points per start. I see eerily simialrities between the two.
Agreed. I have a feeling there will be a similar points explosion soon, and a good chance it will happen in one of the next two.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Notned wrote:
SuperGrover wrote:

Agreed. I have a feeling there will be a similar points explosion soon, and a good chance it will happen in one of the next two.
That's all he gets for me. Two more hopes he does something to justify the price tag. In the meantime just looking over all the points lost that his price is costing me. Been looking at that for 3 weeks now and missed a lot of them. Of course the 8pt hit I would've taken helps ease my mind.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

It has to happen in the next two.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Would that be the two including the one after the international break?

Which doesn't seem to help his domestic form particularly. :o

Even if he doesn't get injured. :cry:

tamagotchi massacre
Treebeard

Post by tamagotchi massacre »

it's payback time

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Could sense an explosion coming!

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 28640....

Post by Bertie64 »

Cue the sound of over a million relieved sheep slapping themselves on the back...

Might be time to get him in if he keeps it up.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”