To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Aguero (Worth owning or not?)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Monsignor
FISOhead

Re: Aguero is sh*t

Post by Monsignor »

Sutter Kane wrote:Not that City deserve to be beaten 4-1 but without Silva (again I mention his impact) there is a noticeable lack of confidence when things go slightly wrong. From a mental point of view he's so important. Silva should be back next week and I would hope we'll see a different Aguero points haul. On a different note, If Chelsea win later which is not a forgone conclusion, suddenly the 'unstoppable' Man C title is not so inevitable.
And there's also the fact of the matter that Silva is the only one of the City midfield who is always looking for the assist instead of shooting at goal from all angles without getting his head up to look for teammates in better positions.

Blaze
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blaze »

And before anyone flames me for being an 'I told you so', I created this topic a month ago!! Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:08 pm

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

In a way it's good because Pellegrini can't screw about with the team selection next week now. If Silva/Aguero are fit then he has to start them.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Blaze wrote:And before anyone flames me for being an 'I told you so', I created this topic a month ago!! Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:08 pm
That's what an I told you so is, coming on to remind everyone that you told them something earlier, especially as you've just bumped this thread today. :lol:
Last edited by Carlos Kickaball on 26 Sep 2015, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Blaze wrote:So to the poeple who captained him, how does it feel to have your weekend ruined at 2:30pm? :lol:

My weekend was already in tatters as of this morning, when I realised we accidentally bought unsmoked bacon.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Sutter Kane wrote:
Blaze wrote:So to the poeple who captained him, how does it feel to have your weekend ruined at 2:30pm? :lol:
My weekend was already in tatters as of this morning, when I realised we accidentally bought unsmoked bacon.
Dissapointing that mystic Blaze didn't post earlier in the week to warn you. :lol:

Blaze
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blaze »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:
Blaze wrote:And before anyone flames me for being an 'I told you so', I created this topic a month ago!! Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:08 pm
That's what an I told you so is, coming on to remind everyone that you told them something earlier, especially as you've just bumped this thread today. :lol:
I wasn't the one who bumped it. Learn to read Carlos.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Still an I told you so. :lol:

Blaze
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blaze »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Still an I told you so. :lol:
Yeah, I told you a month ago and you sttill have him in your team and you still keep cataining him, so who is the one laughing? :lol:

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

Blaze wrote:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:Still an I told you so. :lol:
Yeah, I told you a month ago and you sttill have him in your team and you still keep cataining him, so who is the one laughing? :lol:
You're really setting yourself up for a lot of "I told you so"s when Aguero hits his form :|

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

I didn't captain him this week Blaze. :lol:

Blaze
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blaze »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:I didn't captain him this week Blaze. :lol:
At least you're learning.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I've been secretly hoping that you are inventor and gentleman adventurer, Nathan Blaze, but it does seem the gentleman part might be missing at the very least.

Hash tag sad face.

Omarz14
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Omarz14 »

Who would have imagined that by week 7:

A Norwich center-half has triple the number of goals scored by Aguero.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

City have two home games in a row. Newcastle then Bournemouth. He stays for those in my opinion then we'll see.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Agreed ^

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Terry Henry wrote:City have two home games in a row. Newcastle then Bournemouth. He stays for those in my opinion then we'll see.
+1.

I have been very disappointed so far, but with back to back home games against Newcastle and Bournemouth, now definitely isn't the time to be looking elsewhere.

Not least with Wilson and Shaqiri injured, and Gomez and Targett non-starters..

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

Aguero doubt is always followed by a haul. Granted, this is really dragging on :) but we have come this far...

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: RE: Re: Aguero is sh*t

Post by liquidfootball2 »

DanCaek wrote:Aguero doubt is always followed by a haul. Granted, this is really dragging on :) but we have come this far...
Not many will be thinking of axing him ahead of great fixtures, but now Sturridge is back it's a matter of time.
Keeping Sanchez worked this week so maybe next week he'll come good.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Has to be a frontrunner for the captaincy the next two weeks, despite the disappointment so far. I know we keep saying it, but a haul has to come soon, and you don't get much more of a platform than NEW and BOU...

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I definitely won't transfer him out and I will most likely captain him for GW8.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Finisher1 wrote:I definitely won't transfer him out and I will most likely captain him for GW8.
Likewise.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Sutter Kane wrote:

Fry it with some cut up chorizo.

This will save your bacon.

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

Sutter Kane wrote:

:lol:

Kotzata
Treebeard
FS Record: 47k, 40k, 33k, 379k, 40k

Post by Kotzata »

If you don't have him, do you get him in for the next two games? This season is such a lottery, Aguero was in a very bad form and it continued today; Sanchez was in a very bad form and he scored a hattrick today. We can't predict anything. NEW and BOU really look the best you can get, and the question is the historical performance of Aguero (monster) vs his current play (shit)

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Kotzata wrote:If you don't have him, do you get him in for the next two games? This season is such a lottery, Aguero was in a very bad form and it continued today; Sanchez was in a very bad form and he scored a hattrick today. We can't predict anything. NEW and BOU really look the best you can get, and the question is the historical performance of Aguero (monster) vs his current play (shit)
What do you consider bad form? Before Sanchez's hat-trick, he led the league in almost every major attacking statistic, yet the final product alluded him. Is that poor form or poor luck? In other words, his stats suggested a monster score wasn't far away.

Whilst I'm not aware of Aguero's stats, from what I've seen (I've watched each of his matches), besides the Spurs match where he was nonexistent, and it must be said ignored for the most part by his peers, he hasn't played poorly at all, and has had many opportunities to score, and score big. As in Sanchez's case, the only thing to allude him was the final product.

For these reasons, I'll be hanging on to Aguero, just like I did with Sanchez, as I am almost certain that like Sanchez, Aguero's form suggests a monster score is not far away.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
Kotzata wrote:If you don't have him, do you get him in for the next two games? This season is such a lottery, Aguero was in a very bad form and it continued today; Sanchez was in a very bad form and he scored a hattrick today. We can't predict anything. NEW and BOU really look the best you can get, and the question is the historical performance of Aguero (monster) vs his current play (shit)
What do you consider bad form? Before Sanchez's hat-trick, he led the league in almost every major attacking statistic, yet the final product alluded him. Is that poor form or poor luck? In other words, his stats suggested a monster score wasn't far away.

Whilst I'm not aware of Aguero's stats, from what I've seen (I've watched each of his matches), besides the Spurs match where he was nonexistent, and it must be said ignored for the most part by his peers, he hasn't played poorly at all, and has had many opportunities to score, and score big. As in Sanchez's case, the only thing to allude him was the final product.

For these reasons, I'll be hanging on to Aguero, just like I did with Sanchez, as I am almost certain that like Sanchez, Aguero's form suggests a monster score is not far away.
Yep exactly. Form is bullshit. It exists only to justify narrative. Sanchez was in terrible form until he wasn't. How did you know? Because he didn't score goals you see. Nevermind the multiple missed big chances and three shots off the post. He was in bad form and would continue to be in bad form...until he wasn't.

Aguero is the best striker in the EPL and it's not even close. He will eventually come very good. The question from a fantasy perspective is if he will come good enough to justify his price. I certainly do not know, but I know no other forwards excite me much (the Sturridge suggestion above is funny...evidently not everyone has seen Liverpool play this year). So I will most certainly be sticking long term, same as I am with Sanchez unless another viable elite alternative arises.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

SuperGrover wrote:
Aguero is the best striker in the EPL and it's not even close. He will eventually come very good. The question from a fantasy perspective is if he will come good enough to justify his price. I certainly do not know, but I know no other forwards excite me much (the Sturridge suggestion above is funny...evidently not everyone has seen Liverpool play this year). So I will most certainly be sticking long term, same as I am with Sanchez unless another viable elite alternative arises.
I'm pretty sure I do. From what we've seen so far and the price points that have proved value so far, when he comes good, he'll be worth every penny when you start captaining him. The only way this is a debate is if Chelsea/Hazard and Arsenal/Sanchez both look like smashing it, we're far from that scenario. People were doubting Sanchez (I don't have him) and I said it was clear you keep for Leicester and beyond because he will produce some decent scores. Just like Hazard will, just like Aguero will. Patience is key but I and others don't have enough. :D (Mane and even Walcott has proved that despite plummeting in value, wish I'd kept both!)

mitchyg1980
FISOhead

Post by mitchyg1980 »

With Upcoming fixtures & plenty of other problems to solve in my team I'm holding on. Although watching the Spurs game I'm worried that he might be used as the dummy runner more. Yaya could easily have played the ball for kdb goal to Aguero but obviously chose not to, and similarly happened on other occasions. Previously there hasn't been a Sterling or kdb so far advanced which is taking the focus off Aguero going forwards. Probably good for City but not fpl-wise for aguero

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

SuperGrover wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote:

Yep exactly. Form is bullshit. It exists only to justify narrative. Sanchez was in terrible form until he wasn't. How did you know? Because he didn't score goals you see. Nevermind the multiple missed big chances and three shots off the post. He was in bad form and would continue to be in bad form...until he wasn't.

I agree with everything you've said SG, except your view on Sturridge.

Yes Liverpool are terrible, however Sturridge has been a consistent scorer whenever and for whomever he's played. If he can stay fit, I think he'll prove his worth.

The only problem is, when God created him, he grabbed his legs from the same 'Made in Taiwan' shelf as Jack Wilshere's, and unfortunately for both players they were never informed of the catastrophic fault in those model legs, and the subsequent recall. :lol:

I'll say it again, when Sturridge plays, he scores, but he doesn't play enough to justify his price tag atm.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”