To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Kevin De Bruyne. We need to talk about Kevin

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: Kevin De Bruyne. We need to talk about Kevin

Post by Stemania »

gooberman wrote:Am I missing something here. Why are City paying so much money for a Chelsea reject?
You need only consider Pogba, Matic and Pique. KDB has been awesome in the Bundesliga. :D

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

Why did Chelsea pay 22m for a Chelsea reject (Matić)? ;)

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

gooberman wrote:Am I missing something here. Why are City paying so much money for a Chelsea reject?
I guess you haven't seen him play last season.... you're absolutely missing something alright.
sunnO)))jihai wrote:Why did Chelsea pay 22m for a Chelsea reject (Matić)? ;)
Great ;)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Well, 10m is 0.5m more than I was expecting. Unless he really hits the ground running I don't think he compares too well to Silva at 10.1m or Sterling at 8.9m. He's gonna need some set pieces or a regular CAM role to even have a shot. :shock:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

10.0 - wow, up against Silva.

At least it's not an obvious selection then, you'll have a decision to make if you want to put him in your team that's for sure.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Obvious enough for me, ignore

HQ Manoeuvre
FISOhead
FS Record: 1566 FPL 2011-12

Post by HQ Manoeuvre »

Absolute wait and see for me. As a Kompany/Kolarov/Aguero owner it's be 2 transfers to get him in as well.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

This:

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

His delivery is rather excellent. If he can transfer that to the Premier League and this City team and chip in with a couple of goals, he might be worth 10m. I love Silva, but KDB's more direct style may be better suited to FPL. For now it's wait and see though.

Goal line wreck
Kevin and Perry

Post by Goal line wreck »

KDB prices up at 10mil makes things very interesting.

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

What was he at Chelsea, 7.0, 7.5?

Too much of a hike.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

I wonder how it will affect FPL ownership of other Man C players, especially Silva, Toure and Sterling - I can see the masses ploughing into KdB, and needing to shed their other Man C mid to make way... KdB's price might be protected over the next fortnight, but those of his new colleagues are not. :/

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Corroded Soul wrote:What was he at Chelsea, 7.0, 7.5?

Too much of a hike.
How anyone can even compare him to when he was at Chelsea is beyond me. He has come on leaps and bounds since then, and is an entirely different proposition these days.

That's not to say I'm certain he will prove value at that price point, it's a wait and see for me as a Silva owner, but any past failings when he was a kid just starting out certainly shouldn't play too big a part in your decision making.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Too much of a hike.
Great logic there. :roll:

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Jesus Christ people, forget Chelsea, the kid is simply one of the best playmakers in the world right now. Getting rid of him was one of the most stupid decisions ever and Chelsea will suffer the consequences.
M. City are a machine, they already showed themselves a step above their homeland opponents, and this signing has taken them one up.
I think City will fight for the UCL now, they've pretty much won the Premier League already bar any major injury for key players.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

I don't get the Chelsea comparisons. Didn't he only play like 5 minutes before they decided he wasn't a good fit?

Further to that, do the naysayers not consider the fact that young players at some point start to mature and reach their potential?

Even a young Henry flopped at Juventus, so were Arsenal mad to sign him? :lol:

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

Notned wrote:

Too much of a hike.
How anyone can even compare him to when he was at Chelsea is beyond me. He has come on leaps and bounds since then, and is an entirely different proposition these days.

That's not to say I'm certain he will prove value at that price point, it's a wait and see for me as a Silva owner, but any past failings when he was a kid just starting out certainly shouldn't play too big a part in your decision making.
Fair enough, he was a bencher at Chelsea and I may be awry on the time factor, but wasn't it only last season that he was at Chelsea?

If so then I see it as an inflammatory hike for an unproven player in this league despite having come on in leaps and bounds and being the greatest playmaker around at the moment. Would 9m have been an injustice to KdB then? It seems most are comfortable with 10m.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Moved January 2014.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

I don't understand some of you. He's been playing regularly in Bundesliga since 2012 and you guys are judging him from 3 games he played in Chelsea 2 years ago. Are you some bitter Chelsea fans because he didn't fit to Mourinho's "system" and they had to sell him? :D

This reminds me of Pogba case. Big EPL teams just can't raise their wonderkids.

E: I already have Silva so I won't be considering him yet. But he's on my radar. He has very good shot and assist ability which will make him good FPL pick if he settle to EPL.
Last edited by JoonaR16 on 01 Sep 2015, 12:51, edited 2 times in total.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Makes no sense to get him in now, most will already have three City. He's at the same price point as Silva his main competition.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I'm afraid City will start suffering from the "Arsenal syndrome" in FPL now. There are too many quality mids, meaning that there will be no "main man" and all of them will turn out to be overpriced. Unless they turn into Barca with everyone averaging 1 attacking return per game. :D

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Can we lobby FPL Towers to make 3-6-1 available as a formation option?

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

gallus wrote:I'm afraid City will start suffering from the "Arsenal syndrome" in FPL now. There are too many quality mids, meaning that there will be no "main man" and all of them will turn out to be overpriced. Unless they turn into Barca with everyone averaging 1 attacking return per game. :D
I think KDB and Sterling bring a whole new dimension to City's attack, of the likes we haven't seen from them before.

Both these players bring a true pacey direct, run at defences type attacking play, and of course have a history of being goal scoring mids.

I think besides Navas, who has never had an end product, City's mids have always been more creator play maker types, rather than direct pacey goal scorer types.

Whilst imo Navas is rubbish, his pace often got him into great positions, so I expect these new boys to do the same, but provide an end product Navas never could.

I think City have just nailed it this season in terms of signings that fit their style, and with Aguero, Silva, KDB, Sterling and Yaya, I think every team in the league and Europe should now be very concerned. I'm seriously struggling to see how opposition teams can contain that lot all at once, and I haven't even mentioned Kolarov.

Goals are coming, and there will be many of them.

Ps. I am not a city fan by any means.
Last edited by NoEyeDeer on 01 Sep 2015, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

The problem with the Arsenal mids at the moment isn't their price or the fact that there's a lot of quality there, it's the fact Arsenal are playing so poorly.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Stemania wrote:The problem with the Arsenal mids at the moment isn't their price, it's the fact Arsenal are playing so poorly.
last year they were playing well and were still frustrating. At first Ramsey was must have, then Sanchez, then Cazorla, then Giroud, they were a nightmare.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Ramsey an Giroud both missed large spells of the season with injury so didn't have a hope of consistency. We also saw the same situation in terms of player prominence at Chelsea with Costa at first then Fabregas then for most of the second half of the season Hazard. At United players went in and out of form (mostly out). At Spurs it was Chadli then Eriksen then Kane. It's the same at every club.

The reason it may not have been so obvious at City is that we're usually just all sat with Aguero whenever available and so don't look at the other mids. But Yaya and Silva certainly went through spells of popularity last season too. The problem they had that cost them the title imo was that Navas and Dzeko/Jov weren't good enough to have a spell of their own meaning the team as a whole just dropped off when a couple of Silva/Aguero/Yaya weren't on fire.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Arsenal have the same issue that City had before this season.

Too many midfield play maker types and not enough true goal scoring mid types.

I think they have an incredible squad mind you, but besides Sanchez it seems the rest of the team want to be assistors rather than goal scorers.

History proves you can't be a true force in European and to a lesser extent league football unless you have at least 3 proven and regular goal scorers in your squad.

City now have that, Chelsea now have that.

Arsenal and Man Utd still do not.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Man Utd don't have any regular goalscorers at the moment.

City have started well and that front 4 has potential to score bucket loads of goals. With so many options, is Aguero more or less of a must have now?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

NoEyeDeer wrote: I think they have an incredible squad mind you, but besides Sanchez it seems the rest of the team want to be assistors rather than goal scorers.
It's a good mix imo, what's missing is a striker to actually put away all he chances, not another goalscoring midfielder as far as I can tell. Ramsey shoots as often as he can, and Sanchez basically does nothing else but shoot. :D

I'd agree as far as Europe goes though. But in the league I'd go as far as saying it's almost a one horse race this season now, with City imo miles ahead of Chelsea atm, who are a distance ahead of Arsenal who are a distance ahead of United. :shock:
NoEyeDeer wrote:Arsenal have the same issue that City had before this season.

Too many midfield play maker types and not enough true goal scoring mid types.
I thought their problem was almost the opposite tbh. They just didn't have the quality in attacking mid, just Silva. There wasn't much other creativity. And to combat this they often went two up top with the non-Aguero strikers not really of the top tier either. :D

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Mo Bot wrote:Man Utd don't have any regular goalscorers at the moment.

City have started well and that front 4 has potential to score bucket loads of goals. With so many options, is Aguero more or less of a must have now?
You'd have to guess the central focal point of that attacking line up is the most desirable of the lot.

Aguero has yet to get going, but trust me when I say, he will at any moment, and I would dread not having him when he does.

He's also on pens, and I forsee a number of opportunities for them coming soon considering the amount of time I expect their attack to spend in and around opposition boxes.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”