To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Kevin De Bruyne. We need to talk about Kevin

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Kevin De Bruyne. We need to talk about Kevin

Post by SuperGrover »

Stower79 wrote:The reasons I didn't want to consider him before he kicked a ball in a Man City shirt have largely been alleviated. He is starting, he is scoring, he is creating chances and appears to be a good alternative - at least in the short term - to Silva, who according to some articles surfacing on the internet, will not make Spurs this weekend. With the added kicker that KDB is likely to rise and Silva will probably fall in price, it appears to be worth the transfer. Rotation is still a possibility but all things considered Navas will probably be the most likely to make way when Silva gets back to fitness.
He is starting every game in which Silva is injured, there is no doubt about that. It remains to be seen what happens when Silva is healthy. Hence the trepidation from many on this thread.

Stower79
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Previously placed Top 20 Sun DreamTeam, Top 20 TFF, TFF Divisional winner, Top 500 FPL

Post by Stower79 »

SuperGrover wrote:
Stower79 wrote:The reasons I didn't want to consider him before he kicked a ball in a Man City shirt have largely been alleviated. He is starting, he is scoring, he is creating chances and appears to be a good alternative - at least in the short term - to Silva, who according to some articles surfacing on the internet, will not make Spurs this weekend. With the added kicker that KDB is likely to rise and Silva will probably fall in price, it appears to be worth the transfer. Rotation is still a possibility but all things considered Navas will probably be the most likely to make way when Silva gets back to fitness.
He is starting every game in which Silva is injured, there is no doubt about that. It remains to be seen what happens when Silva is healthy. Hence the trepidation from many on this thread.
I agree with this which is why it is initially a transfer with only the short term in mind, whilst recognising the rotation/position risk involved. Hopefully short term will then turn in to long term.

I've decided that I'm not going to continue playing the Silva injury game when there is a viable alternative, especially given his injury history and rotation possibilities during the Champions League group phase.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

There is another option, which is jumping on a different non-man city midfielder and then coming back in board later. Difficult to allocate two transfers to that for me though with changes needed in defence.

If Silva is indeed confirmed out though, I'll need to swap him as the points potential there is higher than my cheap defender!

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

SO.... Only putting it out there... I know he has been superb so far, the assist king and all that, plus a goal threat. And i know Man City have great fixtures, and a lot goes through him. And he's quality and all that...

I've had him since his first full game and he's been great.

But having watched him of late, is there anything in observation that his performances have tailed off a little, and we're maybe seeing a downspell for him. Given that Aguero is back soon (although is the KDB > Aguero link up is in itself tempting) and that the more expensive strikers (eg Kane, Lukaku) all starting to look more tempting, is it perhaps time to downgrade him to free up some funds to afford the guys with goals in 'dem boots?

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: RE: Re: Kevin De Bruyne. We need to talk about Kevin

Post by liquidfootball2 »

JVRB48 wrote:SO.... Only putting it out there... I know he has been superb so far, the assist king and all that, plus a goal threat. And i know Man City have great fixtures, and a lot goes through him. And he's quality and all that...

I've had him since his first full game and he's been great.

But having watched him of late, is there anything in observation that his performances have tailed off a little, and we're maybe seeing a downspell for him. Given that Aguero is back soon (although is the KDB > Aguero link up is in itself tempting) and that the more expensive strikers (eg Kane, Lukaku) all starting to look more tempting, is it perhaps time to downgrade him to free up some funds to afford the guys with goals in 'dem boots?
I'm loathe to get rid but with Silva on the verge, is out wide where he'll stay or the fluid movement of the three behind Kun? Certainly Özil looks far more tempting at the moment but can you get both him and Sanchez and play them alongside Kdb for Arsenal's really good next four?

As JVR said that big attack of kun Lukaku and Kane looks really tempting from gwk fifteen and there are hard choices now especially while so many have Payet's replacement (Özil or cheaper?) to consider.

Paul_Football
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Paul_Football »

It looks like city are relying on him far too much to create and finish chances. Looked knackered during the villa game. I think aguero coming back will help him a lot

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

And Silva..

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

As above, I think the return of Aguero will help him back into form. He flourished alongside him earlier on in the season. I don't see them as detrimental to each others points output at all. They can only help each other IMO, and I have no immediate plans to go without KDB..

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

I think that Aguero will help him too. It might sound simplistic and not stats-driven but I'd worry about ditching him because he's simply a great player with goals and assists in him, with great players around him too.

He also has four home games in the next six which includes Swansea and Sunderland.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

If KDB had scored that 'tap in' at Villa which he tried to flick in this wouldn't even be considered? Still getting in the right positions for me and 15 goals/20 assists in the bundesliga is ridiculous! 100% keep.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

This guy has really gone off the boil. Are we still holding?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

He put in some dangerous balls yesterday, but when Silva is back I'm sure many including me will be looking at the saving and seeing how they play together before potentially making a switch.

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

I am. Though he's running out of lives the return of Aguero and imminent return of Silva doesn't seem the right time to get rid. I can afford a price drop before losing any sale value so he has a few weeks to buck up - next three home games look decent.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I had to choose between losing him or Kolarov. The return of Aguero and City's terrible defending tipped the balance in favour of getting rid of Kolarov.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Though I understand the desire to free up funds, I'm not considering the Silva transfer at this stage. I suspect they've got similar points potential when they're both playing, but KDB seems far less injury prone, which I think is worth the extra, especially with the busy Christmas period looming.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

He's still in for me. Could have had a couple of assists on another day, and the return of Aguero can only help his output imo. I still have Sanchez too, so if he doesn't pick up its an easy switch to any other mid in the game anyway.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

With the emergence of Coutinho and Kane/Lukaku/Aguero looking a go-er, it's stretching my KDB and Sanchez loyalty

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

The most 'stretched' thing around here is the title of this thread... :roll:

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Don't think I'll sell yet, City have 3 decent fixtures coming up. De Bruyne has played well, but it's debatable as to whether he's been dangerous enough to be worth 10.0m+. He has the attributes to be a really valuable FPL pick but he needs to be shooting more.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

As it was before, the City mid to have will probably be the one who nails down the spot in the hole. When Silva is back all will hopefully become clearer, but KDB on the wing does have a tendency to drift out of games.

City were hit massively with the injuries to Kun and Silva, their attack is nothing like the same without them. They scored 11 goals in 2 games immediately before Aguero's injury, and since they've managed only 3 in 4 games.

With Silva in the team City have averaged 3.2 goals a game this year, without him only 1.375 goals per game.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

JVRB48 wrote:With the emergence of Coutinho and Kane/Lukaku/Aguero looking a go-er, it's stretching my KDB and Sanchez loyalty
Exactly this, although i think Sanchez is definitely staying. Kun and the magician's imminent return may benefit Kevin but the Coutinho and Kane with Barkley options look better to me, at 10m plus and never captain he's just not worth it.

Sanchez needs a mid season break this year and the FA Cup in January could be just right.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

I'm keeping at the moment. Hoping the return of Aguero will see his returns increase.

Bao
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Bao »

KDB may be back in form when Silva plays. But is he better than Coutinho with Liverpool fixtures and 2m cash surplus.

To me, Coutinho + Kane is better than KDB + Vardy. 2 remain forwards would be Aguero + Lukaku.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

I sold KdB on the basis 10.5 is a lot for a player who I'll never make captain, because Aguero.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

Le Red wrote:I sold KdB on the basis 10.5 is a lot for a player who I'll never make captain, because Aguero.
Very valid point there

PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Post by PitchBookMaker »

Calvin1979 wrote:
Le Red wrote:I sold KdB on the basis 10.5 is a lot for a player who I'll never make captain, because Aguero.
Very valid point there
It depends how much you paid for him, especially if you got him at 10m. Many people were happy to pay that price for Silva and never planned on ever really giving him the armband.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

PitchBookMaker wrote:
Calvin1979 wrote:
Very valid point there
It depends how much you paid for him, especially if you got him at 10m. Many people were happy to pay that price for Silva and never planned on ever really giving him the armband.
Surely the difference being that now Harry Kane is needed and people need cash, before we had payet vardy and Mahrez without Kun.

Obviously you can go without but is it better to go without Kane or KdB if you have Kun? Vardy may just keep going despite fixtures but Kane looks good until 25 and together with Kun IS a captaincy candidate

If Silva was still in the team at 10.0 then he might also have been transferred out.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

PitchBookMaker wrote:
Calvin1979 wrote:
Very valid point there
Possibly down to the age old coverage debate. Aguero + KDB = almost a quarter of everyone's original budget and if City don't fire on any given day then it's a hard pill to swallow.

For the record I own both but KDB needs to seriously step up. Hopefully the return of Aguero will allow for that.

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

personally i will wait a bit on Sanchez and Kdb, Right now i would rather have coutinho+transfer funds, but don't like taking a hit to transfer out a good player that's playing. Also losing 1-4 to liverpool looks bad, but just 6 GW back they lost 4-1 to Tottenham, and followed that up with scoring 11 goals over 2 games.

I think it also has to come down to how Leicester look in the tougher fixtures coming up, if you want to replace a leicester player, a double move with the worst performing of Sanchez/Kdb, gives so many options.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

I'd be lying if I didn't admit that as a Sanchez and KDB owner, seeing them being transferred out by others is great to see.

The more the merrier I say. :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”