To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Kevin De Bruyne. We need to talk about Kevin

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
The Dazzler
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 9th overall in FPL 2005/06, 50th 2010/11, 288th 2014/15

Re: Kevin De Bruyne. We need to talk about Kevin

Post by The Dazzler »

Mav3rick wrote:There was only one foolish post from someone who doesn't understand FPL context, nobody really called the KDB move as an idiot move, and definitely not at the time.
Carlos Kickaball wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:...and definitely not at the time.
I think this is the key part. If people want to say a move is idiotic, or disagree, it would be great if they did it before rather than waited till after the game. :D

No shame in offering an opinion, and the game turning out differently.

Are you aware of the irony of you posting that comment in the immediate aftermath of KDB scoring? It would be great if you pointed out the error of his ways before the match. :wink:

In any case no, it isn't the most important part. Aftertiming is annoying but it isn't inherently incorrect.
The underlined is the most important part and where his error lies.
The guy doesn't understand why buying KDB might have been a good purchase.
I was on my wildcard. I wanted a Man City mid. I didn't want Sterling or Yaya so it was between SIlva and KDB. I'd have liked to wait and had a look at KDB so ideally I would buy Silva as a placeholder, or a possible long term option. But Silva was injured. So I bought KDB as the placeholder, or the long term option. Which of those it turns out to be is still to be decided.
Sometimes a transfer is right for one team, where the same transfer wouldn't be right for another team.
Misunderstanding that concept is the important part.

TheMightyTorres
Treebeard
FS Record: 4643 14/15

Post by TheMightyTorres »

Damn it feels good to be an idiot

froog
FISOhead

Post by froog »

i thought he gave the ball away a lot today. but he has goals in him, that's for sure.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

He certainly seemed to look for the shot more than Silva. His biggest asset could be not being made of glass though as Pellegrini might use his subs taking off Silva, Aguero and Sterling giving KDB the full 90 more often than Silva. Over a whole season, an extra 10 minutes per game would add up to a fair few more points.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

froog wrote:i thought he gave the ball away a lot today. but he has goals in him, that's for sure.

Really?! I thought he was incredible.

I think with Silva in the team he will improve as well, Steelrling providing the width with Silva and KDB roaming around.

I think KDB may become the premium of choice.

I got him in last week on a bit of a punt for Silva and have been rewarded. Think he will be well suited to FPL.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

SFC_Fan wrote: I got him in last week on a bit of a punt for Silva and have been rewarded. Think he will be well suited to FPL.
I think so too.
I watched the game today and I thought he was more direct than Silva: holding the ball less, quicker in his decisions and looking to shoot a bit more as Mav3rick mentionned. However, he played in the hole today in Silva's absence and I have to say I am curious to see them both on the pitch. I won't replace Silva with de Bruyne until I see that

zaqattaq
Kevin and Perry

Post by zaqattaq »

Silva has done well for me in the past but I think I have to make the change now as KDB will rise at some point this week and Silva might fall.

gizmondo
Treebeard

Post by gizmondo »

zaqattaq wrote:as KDB will rise at some point this week
Yeah, they were saying the same thing about Pedro. :)

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

im getting KDB for Silva

tamagotchi massacre
Treebeard

Post by tamagotchi massacre »

froog wrote:i thought he gave the ball away a lot today. but he has goals in him, that's for sure.
eh?

Well he was very industrious so you could almost certainly point to a few times a pass didn't quite come off, but i only recall him giving the ball away carelessly on one occasion. A very promising performance that would've been more heavily rewarded but for his team-mates failing to take chances.

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

+1

He looked very wasteful with the ball and didn't combine well with this teammates. Forced the through-ball quite a bit.
But he certainly looks dangerous from an FPL perspective. Good vison, two-footed, can shoot from distance, proven assist record.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Be keeping Silva myself.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

The Username wrote:Be keeping Silva myself.
Same

loosecannon85
Grumpy Old Man

Post by loosecannon85 »

Only idiots would have Silva :lol:

azapater
Wideboy

Post by azapater »

Jason Bourne wrote:
+1

He looked very wasteful with the ball and didn't combine well with this teammates. Forced the through-ball quite a bit.
But he certainly looks dangerous from an FPL perspective. Good vison, two-footed, can shoot from distance, proven assist record.
:lol:

Looked the best attacking player on the park. His vision and range of passing is outrageous!

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

Sterling, Yaya, Silva, KDB, Aguero all fighting for FPL points for City. City will need to score an awful lot of goals to content everybody. More good players means more goals but will it be enough to serve 4 premium priced midfields and a 13m forward. Every week it's going to be russian roulette to guess which City player will score decent points.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

matmutte wrote:Sterling, Yaya, Silva, KDB, Aguero all fighting for FPL points for City. City will need to score an awful lot of goals to content everybody. More good players means more goals but will it be enough to serve 4 premium priced midfields and a 13m forward. Every week it's going to be russian roulette to guess which City player will score decent points.
Maybe this points us towards 2 midfielders (Silva, KDB?) and no Aguero.

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
matmutte wrote:Sterling, Yaya, Silva, KDB, Aguero all fighting for FPL points for City. City will need to score an awful lot of goals to content everybody. More good players means more goals but will it be enough to serve 4 premium priced midfields and a 13m forward. Every week it's going to be russian roulette to guess which City player will score decent points.
Maybe this points us towards 2 midfielders (Silva, KDB?) and no Aguero.
Could be a decent option. Mind you, you could even play 3-5-2 with 3 City midfielders (Yaya/KDB/SIlva)+Mahrez+Someone.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

matmutte wrote:Sterling, Yaya, Silva, KDB, Aguero all fighting for FPL points for City.
Sterling is a terrible FPL player, his stats are awful, he doesn't know how to score a goal and we have loads of better options in City and better midfield options from other teams. I think no one should consider Sterling.

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

I always wanted to get KDB in before the bandwagon and all that but I went for Silva this week as I wasn't sure what KDB role on the team was and if he would start. Well Silva got hurt during warmups so now I transferred Silva>KDB already.

Kdub
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: £15K profit from OFL, Fantasy League Classic 08/09 Champion, Champions League 06/07 Overall Winner, EURO2008 Phase Two Winner, 9 time OFL Manager of the Week

Post by Kdub »

We need to talk about Kevin because he might out-score Aquero.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Idiots of the world unite, we have nothing to lose but our brains.

I'm IN!!

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

I hope someone here can enlighten me a bit more about KDB's role(s).

From what i can tell he played in the 10'role against West-Ham, where Silva normally line up? Did he do the same yesterday? And to complete the role-madeness, where did he usually play in Wolfsburg?

I'm intrigued by him. Know Sunderlands defence is rubbish this season, but nevertheless, he's hitting goals. Got experience from PL before, and i guess he developed even more at Wolfsburg. With at the same base-price as Silva, he is surely a subject for consideration.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

He played in the hole in Wolfsburg, and we're yet to see where he'll play when Silva plays

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

Interesting. Dont rate KDB as a classic winger, and i would presume his goals/assist-stats will be affected if he's given a role on the wing.

How is Silvas game when playing on the wing, have he ever done that?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

PleasedToMichu wrote: How is Silvas game when playing on the wing, have he ever done that?
It's roughly where he mostly played in the days City played 442 or when they fielded a 4231 with Jovetic/Yaya in the hole (or Aguero in the hole and Dzeko up top). He's always had a very free role though and drifted everywhere (probably one of the reasons Kolarov always looked so dodgy defensively).

He broadly did very well out wide - there was an attempt last season to try and work out whether he scored more points when played centrally. I think there was a suggestion that he might do, but I don't think there was enough evidence to prove anything. :?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote:
PleasedToMichu wrote: How is Silvas game when playing on the wing, have he ever done that?
It's roughly where he mostly played in the days City played 442 or when they fielded a 4231 with Jovetic/Yaya in the hole (or Aguero in the hole and Dzeko up top). He's always had a very free role though and drifted everywhere (probably one of the reasons Kolarov always looked so dodgy defensively).

He broadly did very well out wide - there was an attempt last season to try and work out whether he scored more points when played centrally. I think there was a suggestion that he might do, but I don't think there was enough evidence to prove anything. :?
I think most people forget how annoying FPL player Silva has always been until last season, when he scored many (if not most) of his goals when playing as a forward or in the hole.

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

Hmm, still very unclear then.

I guess I will wait and see then. KDB played 90 mins against both West-Ham and Sunderland. Do we think he's up for a third 90min in a week? If Silva is fit before this weekend i would presume KDB will be rested for next weeks CL? Perhaps the opposite, Silva rested for this weekends match, and KDB rested in CL?

It's not that i care to much about the predicted rise of KDB today/tomorrow, since i can buy/sell at 10.1 as it stands now. But heck, if i decide to go for it it's better to do it before a rise. Not that i expecting enough answers to my dilemmas to pull the trigger today tho. No news about Silvas inj yet?

Stower79
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Previously placed Top 20 Sun DreamTeam, Top 20 TFF, TFF Divisional winner, Top 500 FPL

Post by Stower79 »

Stower79 wrote:I can't really see any argument for bringing him in immediately. For me the reasons against putting him are:

- he is going from a big fish in a small pond to a little fish in a big pond. He won't be the main man at City (at least not initially). A very different dynamic which will probably reflect less goals and assists. See Dzeko - he was Wolfsburg's main striker a few years back, came to City and was just another player. His goals record was nothing like it was at Wolfsburg.

- he may not even come straight into the team initially. With City having performed well Pellegrini may stick with the same team for next few matches.

- high price. At the same price bracket as Silva and over 1m more than Toure and Sterling who are all scoring good points.Is he a better option than those three? We don't know yet.

- where does he fit into the Man City team? Will be replace Navas? Will be be on the right or play behind the striker? We don't know yet.

- the likes of Ozil and Di Maria provide cautionary tales of players with massive reputations that haven't/didn't live up to their billing after moving to the Premier League. KDB is younger and less experienced than these guys. He is an unknown really in terms of how he'll integrate into the Premier League.

So, another 'wait and see' for me. There's no rush getting him in - especially at 10m.
Three weeks is clearly a long time in football... :lol:

So I've pulled the trigger on Silva :arrow: KDB.

The reasons I didn't want to consider him before he kicked a ball in a Man City shirt have largely been alleviated. He is starting, he is scoring, he is creating chances and appears to be a good alternative - at least in the short term - to Silva, who according to some articles surfacing on the internet, will not make Spurs this weekend. With the added kicker that KDB is likely to rise and Silva will probably fall in price, it appears to be worth the transfer. Rotation is still a possibility but all things considered Navas will probably be the most likely to make way when Silva gets back to fitness.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Finisher1 wrote:I think most people forget how annoying FPL player Silva has always been until last season, when he scored many (if not most) of his goals when playing as a forward or in the hole.
Ooooooohhhh yeaaah. He has killed me more types than I'd like to count. I loved his run last season as he probably won me my league, but he was soooo frustrating the two seasons prior.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”